Who amongst Able2knowers has been to Australia?

TripleM

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2003 04:43 pm
dlowan
dlowan, are you a fair dinkum Aussie? Where do you live? I enjoyed the radio OK, since I spent many hours in my hire cars. I feel like I know Australia better than most Aussies. I spent much time between Sydney and Melbourne on the Hume Hwy corridor and the Princess Hwy corridor. I enjoyed experiencing the real Australia.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2003 08:33 pm
Diane
Oz is much the same size as mainland USA, but we've just hit 20 million in population, and most of that is clinging on to the east coast - with a small lump on the lower central bit for Deb!

You really need to do some homework, and decide the sort of things you would really want to see.

If it was going to be a one-off trip, then the Red Centre, Barrier Reef and, I think (of course) Sydney are musts. Then, depending on your time and money, you can add other things.

Almost everything you're interested in can be found somewhere in Oz. The aboriginal culture is one of the oldest in the world. We have spectacular scenery. We have music, drama, art and all that other cultural stuff. We have great people (except Mr Stillwater!). We have fascinating, unusual and sometimes dangerous animals (including Mr Stillwater!). And, you speak the language, sorta! Twisted Evil And we have heaps of empty space - where no-one can hear you scream!

What more could you possibly want? Laughing

TripleM - welcome to A2K!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2003 09:28 pm
margo, I sorta speak the oz lingo too, and didn't have any problem - ordering beer. Wink
0 Replies