Two posts, both full of poor little me. Did I miss something?
I have trouble staying on topic and my timing is off, making ppl uncomfortable.
1. In the break room, I told a coworker about the fact that we couldn't have food reserved for certain ppl unless we're offered. Another coworker told me that was inappropriate comment.
were you informing her or complaining to her about it? If complaining, it was probably inappropriate, especially the "unless we're offered" bit. It gives the impression you were trying to manipulate someone offering you some.
2. At an anniversary of the store's opening, I asked a coworker if the food they're serving is only for that day. She told me to just enjoy the food while it's there.
again, were you complaining about it being there for just the one day rather than appreciating it being there at all?
3. A coworker told another coworker what her granddaughter was doing.
I asked her if that girl is 25 yet. My supervisor said that was intrusive.
were you a part of the conversation or did you barge in with the question?
4. On my birthday, someone commented she remembers being my age. I replied that she had just came to town back then. She asked me what that got to do with anything.
was it said in a way that invalidated her memory of being your age because she was new in town at the time?
5. While at a Super Bowl party outside work, a girl said she teaches. I asked her which school district.
I don't see anything wrong here, unless you were interrupting to ask the question.
Idk y but these comments somehow made ppl not wanna talk to me.
maybe it is the timing of your questions. If you interrupt a conversation others are having to ask your question, it isn't that they don't want to talk with you, they just don't want the conversation interupted. Maybe wait until they finish then ask.