should we break u cause of our age
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,160 • Replies: 18
No top replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 01:45 pm
Come on Joshua...think...to repeat much of the advice you have already received: if it is about age only (follow me here) then no, that is meaningless. However, (follow me again), if the reason she wants to break up is about MORE than just age, YOU have to talk to HER about it, not us. There is no shame in asking QUESTIONS to the one you love. You seem in need of an answer, and only she can give it to you, but you DO need to talk to her.
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 01:45 pm
is that "should two lovers break up b/c of their age?" if that's the question, 18 & 23 is that much of a problem, I don't think....

what's the main quarrel here, age only? are there any differences that have come up in relation to the ages?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 01:49 pm
onyxelle, Joshua has so far refused to answer that question, probably because he has not talked to his g/f about possible other reasons she wants to cool things off. We're waiting... And, just to reiterate, the age difference is most likely not the real problem, because it doesn't matter. I don't wanna sound harsh here, but this is at least the third thread Josh has posted about the same situation, and he doesn't seem keen on taking guidance from anyone. If that is the situation, accept the breakup. If you are a man, stand up for what you believe in, pursue it, get answers. Don't mess about with other people's advice. We can be helpful, but seriously dude, talk to her.
0 Replies

joshua232

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 03:00 pm
i did and she said its just the age but and i told her she knew how old i was befor we feel so deep in love and i asked her why is it messing with her now and she dont tell me why she says it just does and that her friends say that im to young and her sisterand brother told her i was to young for her and so she says its just the age but i think is maybe the way i look im the cutes guy and im not the smallest so i dont know thats why i came here and i let her read all the respons i got back from everyone and i want to thank everyone for thanking the time to give the advice they have giving and with thr informatin i just give i would like to know what yall think about that
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 03:04 pm
Hmm...sounds like classic peer pressure to me. I don't know what else to add, but that kind of stuff from friends and family...you may not be able to fight that.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 03:08 pm
joshua...just keep this in mind....this relationship probably won't work out, but you are still young, and there will be many girls out there for you. You seem trusting, sincere, and commited. It just may take some time to find the right woman for you. I chased so many girls when I was your age (I am totally not trying to be patronizing here), and eventually found the right one. I'm happily married now, and in a lot of ways, thank god I didn't marry some of the women I dated when younger!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 09:16 pm
Joshua
I have no real expertise in these things. I do believe that if two people are truly in love, a five year age difference cannot break them up. I am ten years older than my wife of twenty-five years. I am sure there are a few things that would be better between us if we were both 61 or 51, but I'm not smart enough to know what they are. I don't know a formula for talking to a woman who wants to break up. I have had little success in my lifetime fighting that. If she no longer wants to give you a chance, I have no answer for you.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 09:30 pm
Joshua, I got your PM. I very much agree with Cav's first post. CAN relationships between 18 and 23 year olds work? Sure. Is THIS one working? Doesn't seem like it.
0 Replies

joshua232

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 09:26 am
yes it works
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 09:28 am
joshua... several people have told you this, doesn't seem to be sinking in... if SHE says it's not working, it's not working! Whether it was because of the age difference all by itself (unlikely, IMO) or whether she used that as shorthand for other problems, if she broke up with you, it's not working. Period.

How long had you been together?
0 Replies

joshua232

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 09:30 am
for a lil min maybe a year
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 09:33 am
Do you think that if someone here says 18 and 23 year olds can have a good relationship, she'll say "oh, great, let's get back together then!"

I'm trying to figure out what you're going for, as what you've gotten so far doesn't seem to be it.
0 Replies

joshua232

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 09:37 am
im just trying to let her see that if its just the age that there is nothing wrong with us being together so i came here to get reactions from other people so she can see its accepted to be with some one 5 years younger as long as im over 17 there shouldnt be a problem
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 10:43 am
joshua, it doesn't really matter what we think. it matters what your girlfriend thinks.

if she has decided, for whatever reason, that she's going to break up with you, she will. she can tell you it's because of the age difference, or because her friends don't like you, or because the moon is made of green cheese, or because she doesn't like the way you tie your shoelaces. let her breathe, let her think about it. if she decides that she misses you more than anything else bothers her, she'll let you know.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 02:10 pm
joshua232 wrote:
yes it works but she just came up out the blue and told me on a monday night that her friends say im to young for her but i think they said so they can be with her and if they did they a slimy ass nigga

Watch your language, joshua!
You're gonna alienate a buncha people around here.
It is NOT cute. Cut it out.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 04:24 pm
joshua, I wasn't going to say anything else regarding your situation, and you know why, but Eva is right. Just your use of language shows that you are not really ready for a commitment. Sorry dude...I had to pipe in after that comment of yours.
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 04:37 pm
joshua...your language is offensive and disgusting. I have nothing to say regarding your situation. Please do not send me anymore PM's.
0 Replies

Mikeymike

Reply Fri 7 May, 2004 12:54 pm
Just reading your post, Age is not an issue here I am 24 and my gf soon to be more then that is only 20. So I think there is more reasons then just the age bud.
0 Replies