Kid's devilish W doodle draws feds

au1929

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 07:08 am
Kid's devilish W doodle draws feds

PROSSER, Wash. - A 15-year-old boy has learned that freedom of expression in the U.S. has its limits.Secret Service agents descended on the student after his art teacher told administrators that he drew a picture of President Bush with his head on a stick. Another picture depicted Bush as a devil launching a missile.Agents questioned the teen after being called by cops.The boy was not arrested, but his school said it took disciplinary action against him. They refused to say what the action was or what rules the boy broke.The Associated Press

Originally published on April 27, 2004

Unbelievable. Well I guess if you can't catch terrorists you have to have something to fill the day. Rolling Eyes
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 965 • Replies: 17
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 07:17 am
This one takes the cake. If that kid really WAS a terrorist sympathizer, do you think that he would show his picture to the art teacher? I think that the authorities are falling over their own feet................first searching old ladies on planes, now questioning a kid about his drawings.

Maybe it's because the people involved feel safer running around doing nonsense, rather than REALLY looking for security problems.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 07:30 am
It's prolly only a matter of time before Congress introduces a bill to instate the crime of lèse majesté . . .
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 07:40 am
Setanta wrote:
It's prolly only a matter of time before Congress introduces a bill to instate the crime of lèse majesté . . .

Damn Set...now I gotta minimize the post and go to Websters online.....I'm getting a headache :wink:
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 07:44 am
Bi- I'll save you some work!

Quote:
lese maj·es·ty also lèse ma·jes·té (lēz' măj'ĭ-stē)
n., pl. lese maj·es·ties or lèse ma·jes·tés.
An offense or crime committed against the ruler or supreme power of a state.
An affront to another's dignity.
[Partial translation of French lèse-majesté, from Latin (crīmen) laesae māiestātis, (the crime) of injured majesty : laesae, feminine genitive of laesus + māiestātis, genitive of māiestās, majesty.]

That's why I LOVE GuruNet. I had to look it up too!
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 07:45 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Bi- I'll save you some work!

Quote:
lese maj·es·ty also lèse ma·jes·té (lēz' măj'ĭ-stē)
n., pl. lese maj·es·ties or lèse ma·jes·tés.
An offense or crime committed against the ruler or supreme power of a state.
An affront to another's dignity.
[Partial translation of French lèse-majesté, from Latin (crīmen) laesae māiestātis, (the crime) of injured majesty : laesae, feminine genitive of laesus + māiestātis, genitive of māiestās, majesty.]

That's why I LOVE GuruNet. I had to look it up too!

I was just kidding Phoenix, I'm educumated....I'm high class...I even have the faux brick underpinning on the house...... :wink:
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 07:48 am
House?

Doncha mean double-wide? . . . modular home?

heeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheehee . . .

okbye
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 08:14 am
Setanta wrote:
House?

Doncha mean double-wide? . . . modular home?

heeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheehee . . .

okbye

Modular? DAMN Set, now I gotta minimize again.......
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 08:28 am
Am I missing something, has the patriot act somehow repealed the first amendment?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 08:31 am
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof, or of freedom of speech, or the press, or the right of the peole peaceably to assemble to petition the government for a redress of greivances, unless otherwise directed by King George II . . .
0 Replies

NeoGuin

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 08:47 am
I heard this on a local radio station.

I wonder how long until Bush tries to pass something like the old "Sedition Acts"
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 10:27 am
i'm glad the secret service got in there and wrestled that drawing to the ground, before someone lost an eye or got a paper cut or something.
(those paper cuts REALLY hurt)...
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 10:48 am
What about the teacher? Doesn't she deserve a reward for turning in a dangerous and seditious terrorist? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 11:14 am
leave no child behind
0 Replies

husker

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 12:13 pm
Local News
0 Replies

husker

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 12:19 pm
Collateral damage in an election year and the over-sensitivity or should it be overkill in bringing in the necessary authorities to deal with the threat.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 01:20 pm
Kevin Craven's friend of the boy??? hmmmm
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 01:46 pm
Unbelievable is right. It's scary to watch people lose more and more of their freedom.
0 Replies