Rendered speechless by adoration

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 02:27 pm
Edit (Moderator): Moved to relationships.

Have you ever been so infatuated with someone that when a chance came to actually talk to her, your brain just completely shut down, leaving you a speechless, blithering moron?

I was just remembering a time in college when I had this crush on a girl in some class I had. One night I saw her out at a bar, and my friend knew her. So he went over and told her that I had a little crush on her. It was a huge crush, but he didn't want to make me look like a total nerd. I told him I wanted to meet her, so he comes over with her and introduces us, and I said something like, "hi." And then she said something like "hi."

And then we stood there. I had nothing. I was just blank. Total emptiness in my head. I could not think of one thing to say, I was just so amazed that she was standing there in front of me. This silent stand-off lasted for at least thirty seconds (although at the time it felt like about a half hour), and finally she walked away, obviously uncomfortable with the awkwardness of the situation.

I never talked to her again, but after she walked away, my friend turns to me and says, "I think she really likes you!" Laughing
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 902 • Replies: 17
No top replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 02:52 pm
Yes!!! There was this really hot guy at my first job. He worked on a different floor than me. I would see occasionally and just sort of sigh whenever I saw him. One day I had to go up on his floor and deliver some reports. I was not sure exactly where to go when I nearly walked right into him. Here was my great opportunity…all I had to do was to ask where such and such department was….He stood in front of me waiting to hear what I had to say, I opened my mouth and said, "whatta whatta" or some such nonsense. Not one coherent word came out of my mouth, only garbled noises. He smiled at me. I was so humiliated that I just put my head down and walked away to find the department on my own. After that every time he saw me, he just smiled and I just pretended to not see him.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 02:55 pm
Well, in university, many many times. How frustrating! Thank god I'm married now. However, it must be something in my look, because in early days, before we knew each other, I was checking her out, and she thought I HATED her for some reason (something about the intensity of my gaze....) Anyhoo, it all worked out in the end.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 03:20 pm
Linkat, that is a hilarious example of what I'm talking about. Laughing Thanks for sharing.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 03:26 pm
Ooh, I have a good story...there was a beautiful, I mean Cameron Diaz Scandinavian beauty from of all places, Moose Jaw, Alberta. Man...met her the first day of frosh week, stunned. We hit it off, we struck up a relationship, friends first. She was impressed that I could cook, and after many many many long what I thought of were dates, I said I'd make her a romantic dinner. All through the stir-fry she commented on my curly locks of hair, and my soft brown eyes. We actually lay down in her bed together, and I thought, hey, kiss her you fool! Response: "What the hell are you doing. I think I need to ask you to leave." Hmm...live and learn. Avoid psycho chicks.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 03:30 pm
Ooh, that's a killer too. One woman like that can throw off your ability to read any other signs from a woman for a long time.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 03:32 pm
Cav - she wanted to be in charge.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 03:35 pm
Sure, let me tell you more university stories...had another 'friend' who would massage me and was way cool....we had good times together. One day I do the dinner thing again, she was sitting on the kitchen counter in a short skirt, driving me crazy in a good way. Gave her her first oyster. Things happened. Passionate kisses at the door, I swear she was sweating, but no go. Some trauma or other was apparently keeping her from going further with me....however, she was a little flatulent, so, hey, sometimes a missed opportunity is a blessing in disguise. Smile
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 03:36 pm
husker wrote:
Cav - she wanted to be in charge.

Maybe so, but I was too young anyway.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 03:40 pm
Hmm, I guess my thoughts were, why does there need to be a power structure here? I still don't understand it. Mrs. cav and I occasionally have quite heated arguments, but we have learned, through communication, to listen to one another, and reply properly, i.e. don't elevate the argument, discuss the issues like adults. I was a child-adult, and this crap I got through high school and university just made me impatient, and uninterested. However, gossip is, some of the girls I knew back then suddenly became interested in me, via strange links with mutual friends.....well, too late.
0 Replies

Individual

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 04:10 pm
I was in a very embarrassing incident where I was running for my last chance to talk to my junior high crush and she turned to look at me. Oh, gorgeous eyes and that beautiful face! She slowly smiled and I, amazed that such an angel would grace me with the smallest of gestures, tripped and fell directly in front of her. I just sort of rolled away, never to attempt to talk to her again.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 04:16 pm
Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 05:40 pm
I was like that with a guy I worked with. I bartended day shift and he night shift. He is a prankster and he'd always be doing something to me like the old "hey what's this on your shirt?" followed by a flick to my nose. He'd do wrestling moves with me too. Oy! One day as I was leaving he grabbed me from behind around my chest and lifted - cracked my back like he intended to, but I nearly exploded.

Eventually we both bartended night shift, sometimes together and sometimes not. Some nights we were like live entertainment with all the joking around, some nights we were all bidness. Sigh.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 05:51 pm
"whata whata" - funny!

My co-worker et al (I dated one of the et als) used to imitate my nonesensical jabber. They said it sounded like "dududu" (rapid fire).
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 06:00 pm
I remember having an amazing crush on a fellow that ran a lab at the other end of my medical center building. We met occasionally re work, for a few minutes. I remember walking out of the building one day daydreaming about him, and saw him as I passed a hallway happening to be looking in my direction. I turned totally red in the face, instantly. I think I blinked, said a weak 'hi' from twenty feet away and kept walking out.

Yey, he asked me out shortly after that, pitter pat, pitter pat.
It didn't work out. In real life, we bored each other a little bit.
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 06:21 pm
kickycan, all i can say is, your story is incredibly endearing. i've always been more comfortable around a man who goes mute rather than one who has a slick line. the smooth ones just don't have the kind of depth over a guy who stumbles a bit. boy, that babe missed out...
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 06:32 pm
Well, thanks, Gala! Are you single? :wink: Laughing
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 07:56 pm
Then there was Maggie, my Gothic Lit prof, and thesis advisor....bad idea...Laughing Talk about tongue-tied....
0 Replies