Connecticut gun group issues ultimatum to state government

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2014 03:43 pm
http://bearingarms.com/connecticut-gun-group-issues-ultimatum-to-government-molon-labe-or-repeal/

Quote:
Gun rights group Connecticut Carry has issued an ultimatum to politicians in the Constitution State today, telling the government that they should either follow through on their threats to try to confiscate more than 325,000 undocumented firearms and 2 million standard capacity magazines, or admit that they passed a law without the consent of the people, and will repeal it in its entirety.....
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 1,462 • Replies: 30
No top replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2014 04:43 pm
@gungasnake,
There seems to be a lot more care and understanding shown for undocumented guns than there is for undocumented human beings.

In my mind, this is backwards.

Baldimo

Reply Thu 6 Mar, 2014 01:53 pm
@maxdancona,
What is an undocumented gun? Why the use of undocumented human beings? They are illegal immigrants. Or illegal residents. Change the language and you change the debate. Making illegal immigration not sound so bad when it is a crime against the US.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 6 Mar, 2014 02:37 pm
@Baldimo,
Crazy gun nut group wrote:
Gun rights group Connecticut Carry has issued an ultimatum to politicians in the Constitution State today, telling the government that they should either follow through on their threats to try to confiscate more than 325,000 undocumented firearms

It was crazy gun nut group that used the term "undocumented firearm". They are illegal firearms. Change the language and you change the debate making illegal firearms not sound so bad when it is a crime against the US.
Baldimo

Reply Thu 6 Mar, 2014 02:41 pm
@maxdancona,
Why are they illegal? Because a new law says they have to be registered? See how new gun laws turn law abiding citizens into criminals with the single swipe of a pen. Before the law was recently enacted, there was no such thing as an undocumented gun. Gun grabbers are doing their work against the citizens, and it will make no one safer. As the article noted, they made registration mandatory, and if you don't do it, it tuns into gun confiscation. We have been telling you lefties for years that those were the steps to getting rid of guns, and you guys denied it and said we were over reacting.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 6 Mar, 2014 02:50 pm
@Baldimo,
Ha ha.
Baldimo

Reply Thu 6 Mar, 2014 02:52 pm
@maxdancona,
It's not a haha. We said people such as those in CT were looking to take people's guns. This is how they do it. They pass a law which will not stop shooting violence and then expect us the gun owners to give in. When we do not agree to a law that will do nothing, they threaten to take away a right.

CT is doing that very thing. Once again we were told that no one was trying to take away guns.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 6 Mar, 2014 02:53 pm
@Baldimo,
When the make us show ID to vote it is the first step for taking away our voting rights!!!

Oh... that right doesn't have the same status as your gun rights do.
Baldimo

Reply Thu 6 Mar, 2014 02:57 pm
@parados,
I have to show ID and take a background check when I buy a gun, the same cannot be said for registering to vote! When I go shooting at a range, they take my ID and hold on to it while you are on the range. Do they take your ID when you are voting? Nope they don't even check for ID in most cases. So once again, there is already a high burden of proof for gun ownership then there is to vote or register to vote.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 6 Mar, 2014 03:07 pm
@Baldimo,
I am curious... when you go to the shooting range, how many Black people do you typically see?

Baldimo

Reply Thu 6 Mar, 2014 03:16 pm
@maxdancona,
Why?
parados

Reply Thu 6 Mar, 2014 03:21 pm
@Baldimo,
Since when is going to a private range the same as voting? Do they take your ID when you are carrying your gun to the range?

Do you have to sign anything saying you are who you say you are when you leave the house with your gun? I have to sign under penalty of perjury to get a ballot. You are comparing apples and oranges and coming up with bananas Baldimo. Is it public record that you took your gun to the range? It is a public record when I sign in to vote. Clearly the public is much more aware of who votes and there is an open record that anyone can check.

I wonder why with all the open voting records there isn't some movement to show all the illegal voting that is going on. Could it be because whenever anyone actually looks into it, they can't back up the claims of illegal voting? Probably.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 6 Mar, 2014 03:26 pm
@Baldimo,
The point of requesting ID is to suppress the number of Black people who participate. We know that this works with voting (which is why conservatives keep pushing voter ID laws)... I wonder how well it works at gun ranges.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 6 Mar, 2014 03:29 pm
@parados,
There is another big difference...

Keeping one single crazy idiot from getting a gun has a big impact. It can literally save dozens of people.

Suppressing one vote doesn't do anything. To have any impact in voting, you have to suppress thousands of votes.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Thu 6 Mar, 2014 03:34 pm
@maxdancona,
How is asking for voter ID preventing black people from voting? If it is due to blacks having less money then whites (which is what I'm guessing you are getting at) then that is BS as well. There are more poor whites then there are poor blacks in this country. If it was due to money, then voter ID would have a larger impact on whites then it does blacks. We know this isn't the case, because voter ID laws effect everyone since the laws are written in a general form and not targeted at any one group.
JTT

Reply Thu 6 Mar, 2014 03:35 pm
@parados,
P: coming up with bananas Baldimo.
//////

You either intended a comma or you didn't.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 6 Mar, 2014 03:50 pm
@Baldimo,
That is factually incorrect. You can't make up "facts" when there are real facts that contradict what you are saying.

There is a reason that it is conservatives (predominantly rich, Christian and/or white) that are pushing these voter ID laws on us.

Quote:
The most consistent finding from academic studies is that voter ID requirements disproportionately affect several subpopulations: ethnic and racial minorities, high school and college students, senior citizens and disabled, women, and those with low incomes.

Minority groups are at particular risk for not having ID. One study shows that roughly half of African American and Hispanics in Wisconsin lack a valid driver’s license. A study of Georgia’s law finds that blacks and Hispanics are two to three times as likely as whites to be without a license.7

http://gab.wi.gov/sites/default/files/story/uw_voter_id_memo_pdf_15200.pdf
maxdancona

Reply Thu 6 Mar, 2014 03:52 pm
@maxdancona,
And you didn't answer my question.

Are the people who go to these gun ranges you talked about predominantly White?
Baldimo

Reply Thu 6 Mar, 2014 03:59 pm
@maxdancona,
Sorry I still don't buy it. The post you provided says valid drivers license, does this mean they also last a state ID. After all you can use more then just a drivers license to vote. Any state issued ID will work.
parados

Reply Thu 6 Mar, 2014 04:09 pm
@JTT,
It works either way. Wink
0 Replies