devriesj

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 07:34 pm
Translate: the "footie?"
No, I'm a bit west of the blizzards, but it is definitely white and cold. Do you not get much snow in Britain?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2006 07:53 am
"footie" usually refers to football but it is occasionally used to designate a type of sexual foreplay.

We get very little snow although an odd blizzard is not unknown.

What's your favourite way of relaxing?
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2006 12:48 pm
Hey! Are we on the questions thread? Lately it's been a nice Bailey's & coffee and a good book or movie. I have a winter cold that's gotten miserable! What's your favorite way of relaxing while we await the revelation of the true meaning of CHILVER?
So it doesn't get too terribly cold there across the pond?
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2006 01:08 pm
Clary, just in to say good bye and have a lovely time. We'll all miss you.

I'll pick #2. It seems familiar, so the guess goes for bitty lobsters.

I'd love a 2 pounder straight from Maine.
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2006 03:46 pm
Diane! Good ta see ya!
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2006 05:03 am
Devries cooked up pork and lamb for number 5 and nobody swallowed it
spendius and Equus crunched up Jespah's mild green onion, number 3
Steve seems to have been lured into voting for spendius's figurine, number 1
Rod and Diane were nipped by Equus's infant lobster, number 2
Nobody picked Clary's overedited, trying-to-get-away-from-food bluff, nor Rod's sausages.
Jespah, farkha and devriesj were intrigued by the maiden, and they were right. It is mutton from a maiden sheep, and that was the wording in a 19th century dialect dictionary - not a baaaaa'd choice.
3 marks each for Jespah, farkha and devvy
2 for Equus
2 for Jespah
1 for spendius
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2006 08:39 am
Woo-hoo! Does this mean you're leaving us, Clary?
For - where was it? Can we expect your usual informative and entertaining travelogue? Bon voyage!
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2006 10:00 am
A sojourn in a Spanish cottage, far from the Internet, phone and other distractions; but first, to get there, 2000 miles of driving. Not really looking forward to that!
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2006 06:50 pm
Sounds like heaven. Have you got a driving partner?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2006 06:53 pm
Sell Totnes property futures.
0 Replies

The Pen is

Reply Sat 18 Feb, 2006 02:35 am
Is that a recommended way of funding Clary's trip? It won't help with the driving.
0 Replies

Justthefax

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 03:40 pm
I missed the thread for some time.

I will guess # 4
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 06:16 pm
Everybody's gone home mate.It finished ages ago.But seeing as you're here you can do the next Balderdashing.Okay?

Take you're time.Look for a good word.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2006 10:40 am
sad to see the game gone. But times change.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2006 10:44 am
I think we found the rules confusing Lola but we have been trying on and off.
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2006 12:58 pm
Oh, it's not gone, just limping a bit. I'm waiting for a good word to come by. Anyone got one?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2006 03:09 pm
Teetotum.
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 01:50 pm
Mr. Spendi-, are you offering this word as the next to be played for balderdash?! And do you also accept all responsibilities as dasher?! (And not the fiasco that was your last attempt at dashing?...)
AND is this a real word?!
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 04:34 pm
Hey Madame Headmistress.Don't take that tone of voice with me.

This lot has been a fiasco since I first started playing it.I've come bottom everytime.
Nobody sticks to Lola's rules as far as I can tell.Not that I understand them fully myself actually.

First-Yes I'll be the judge if nobody objects within the next 10 microseconds.What I'll be marking on is what makes me laugh most.Anybody gets it right I'll suspect of Googling.It's a wit test.

Yes-it is a word.It's not as good as Kinnikinnick but it isn't bad I think.

I'm in favour of entries being on the thread but if PMs are what people wish I think I can cope either way.I'll put them on the thread myself soonest.I can cope with no entries too if nobody fancies it.In which case dash on.

If you can't make me laugh with TEETOTUM you must be very droll.
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 09:36 pm
Oh, Spendius, Spendius! Do you think me the head mistress type?! I only like a good game of balderdash! You're supposed to take the definitions by pm, post 'em along with your own made up def. and the real one. We each choose what we believe to be the correct answer from there. You can ask one of the trued experts, like Lola or Equus. I believe Clary is on holiday, but that's my two cents worth! Besides, the idea is to come up with a def. that seems plausible enough to make the other players choose it, at least, I suppose, that's my tactic!

To me it sounds like the American indian version of what they would call a person who does not imbibe!(And if we're playing the "traditional" way that's NOT my 'bluff', but I hope you don't find it so droll that you don't at least crack a little smile or groan at the pun-age!)
0 Replies