jespah

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2005 02:56 pm
Tomorrow, we will be serving electrofish with a butter cream sauce and a side of asparagus, steamed and then lightly chilled. What wine goes with electrofish?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2005 04:12 pm
Pouilly-Vinzelles.
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2005 01:35 am
A cote-de-Ohm I should have thought.Or a Pouilly Fusee...
0 Replies

Equus

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2005 02:12 pm
jespah wrote:
Tomorrow, we will be serving electrofish with a butter cream sauce and a side of asparagus, steamed and then lightly chilled. What wine goes with electrofish?

Generally, any white electrowine will do, although some have experimented with red electrowine and found it shocking.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2005 04:18 pm
Ba da bump!

Will post results either tomorrow or Tuesday.
0 Replies

Justthefax

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2005 07:47 pm
Equus wrote:
jespah wrote:

Generally, any white electrowine will do, although some have experimented with red electrowine and found it shocking.

While it may be very shocking seems like many like to do it in the privacy of their ohm. Current puns are revolting humor. I have a battery of them.
0 Replies

hiama

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2005 07:36 am
A nice chilled bottle of Chateau Am-Pere et fils or Schloss Wattuber Reisling
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2005 07:36 am
And the hits just keep comin'! Smile

Electrofish

1) Of a presidential candidate: somewhat popular, but unlikely to be selected in the final vote. Clary's bluff was elected by Equus.

2) Fish (a stretch of water) using electrocution or a weak electric field. The correct answer shocked Clary into submission.

3) Small specks or clouds moving in one's field of vision. George managed to blind hiama into selecting his bluff.

4) A method of fishing using electricity to catch fish. devriesj caught Justthefax with this bluff.

5) An electronic handheld game to simulate fishing, There is also a version of the Personal Computer. It has many lakes and fishing areas from all over the United States, so fisherman can learn about various places to fish. Justthefax reeled in a whole lotta air and an old boot (Smile) with this bluff.

6) Fish that glow in the dark and are found only in the deepest recesses of the Marianas Trench at depths of greater than 20,000 feet. hiama did not illuminate anyone with this bluff.

7) Hallucinated, Dervish-style disco dancers. spendius entranced no one with this bluff.

8) Dialect spoken only by the Finnish upper class. jespah's second bluff failed to lead anyone to the Finnish line.

9) A police sting operation conducted online -- as in catching sexual predators or fraud operations. Equus's bluff arrested spendius.

Scores (please check, 'em, thanks):
Clary 3
jespah: 2 pts for being the dasher (is that right?)
devriesj 1
Equus 1
George 1
hiama 0
Justthefax 0
spendius 0

... and Clary swims into the lead!!
0 Replies

hiama

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2005 07:39 am
I demand a recount-Clary has more than one brain cell so no fair !

Boo hoo
0 Replies

hiama

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2005 07:41 am
And she can swim so she has probably been electrofished and thats how she knew it, that's insider dealing innit ?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2005 08:47 am
I always liked being bottom of the class because I got to sit on the back row thus optimising the distance to the swots and teacher's pets and minimising my distance to the lads who had access to French postcards and suchlike.

I wonder why the Divine Queen of the Manhattan Night-time didn't play when it's her game.
0 Replies

hiama

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 08:53 am
I have it on good authority that she has been working from 8 to 4, at the hottest spot north of Havana.

Allegedly there was some sort of fracas involving firearms, fisticuffs and smashed chairs-surely enough to draw her attention away from Balderdash.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 09:00 am
More!More!

You can't aggravate us like that.

I'm agog!!

More!Gory details please.
0 Replies

lezzles

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2005 08:49 pm
I heard she was involved in running illegal workers into Mexico.
0 Replies

sephirothnz23

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 05:33 am
I don't get it.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 07:19 am
hiama wrote:
I have it on good authority that she has been working from 8 to 4, at the hottest spot north of Havana.

Allegedly there was some sort of fracas involving firearms, fisticuffs and smashed chairs-surely enough to draw her attention away from Balderdash.

Yes, but who shot who?
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Wed 21 Dec, 2005 11:23 am
hiama wrote:
I demand a recount-Clary has more than one brain cell so no fair !

Boo hoo

Only half a brain cell after being seasick for 15 hours (see India thread)

May I offer CHILVER as the next word, taking it slowly through the Christmas season?
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Wed 21 Dec, 2005 12:28 pm
Hears hoping you feel better, Clary. It's cold and chilvery here!
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Wed 21 Dec, 2005 05:11 pm
Oh I felt better after we got to calmer waters in the archipelago, thanks a lot! But brain hasn't caught up, really! Must have it chilvered.
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2006 03:59 am
OK now, holiday over, roll up and give your best bluff to me NOW! - the word is CHILVER.
0 Replies