LarryBS

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2003 06:47 pm
realjohnboy - What with Mary Ellen, Jim Bob, Jason, Erin, Ben, Elizabeth, Ma, Pa, Grandma, and Grandpa running around that little farmhouse when you were a boy, I'm surprised you got any sleep at all.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2003 06:58 pm
So when I wake up just before 6 am, I click on the radio. Ching the Wonder Dog wakes up from next to the woodstove and comes in to listen to NPR news.
I let her out while I get ready for work. She hooks up with Zepp
from down the road. Together they head across the field, into the woods and up and over the ridge to make sure that the reservoir is still there. Would cats do that?
On the way back, they roll in the carcass of some dead animal, ensuring that they will get to spend the whole day outside keeping the yard safe. What do cats do with their day?
Finally, when we leave in the morning, there are these two loyal friends sitting in my driveway...Zepp with today's edition of the Washington Post in his mouth; Ching with our local paper in her mouth.
Unfortunately, I don't subscribe to home delivery of either paper. -rjb-
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2003 07:26 pm
I've, um, contemplated this issue for many years. I now believe we have the expertise to resolve it once and for all.
When I flush my toilet, the water seems to go counterclockwise. In the southern hemisphere it supposedly goes clockwise.
Any observations? -rjb-
0 Replies

Cheshire

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2003 09:02 pm
Realjohnboy,

Can your dog stand on his head? Twisted Evil
0 Replies

hiama

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2003 05:43 am
rjb- your are probably the sanest one of us all.

Lately I have taken to not wearing my watch and it feels liberating, much of what we do in the west is dictated by the clock. I too wake without the alarm although it is always set-I'm afraid I wake nearer 5 am most days and actually have to get up around 4:30 am two days of the week to travel stupid distances, this may explain why I am so crotchety most of the time ( I hide it from you guys or try to !)
0 Replies

Equus

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2003 11:11 am
RealJohnBoy- if it were true about the direction of flushed water, wouldn't water flush straight down at the Equator, and just twirl forever without going down at the Poles? But we digress...
0 Replies

Equus

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2003 11:25 am
Okay, first off- my apologies to Sozobe, for not scrolling down his entire post. His bluff "A jerk in Arkansas" was just a joke and I missed the real bluff. I believe this means Sozobe gets 3 points by default.

J A R K

1. A Scandinavian fish similar to turbot found in deep water mainly in the fjords of Norway. Bluff by HIAMA, picked by dlowan

2. One who rides a donkey. Bluff by PEACE & LOVE

3. An exquisite diamond feline collar. Bluff by TAFFY LABLANC. Picked by Felix Noir.

4. The bolt on the winch used to raise the sails on a sailboat. Bluff by REALJOHNBOY. Picked by Diane

5. A pile of earth left after an excavation. Bluff by DLOWAN

6. An obsolete word meaning neckerchief. Bluff by MACSM11

7. A courageous woman. Bluff by LarryBS

8. A U-shaped support for holding ships in place during construction or drydock. Bluff by dasher, Equus. Chosen by Macsm11 and sozobe.

9. The seal or insignia on a counterfeit document. REAL ANSWER, picked by firstthought and LarryBS

10. Colonial term for carving mortise and tenon joints. Bluff by DIANE. Picked by Hiama and Real John Boy

11. A jerk in Arkansas. Bluff by SOZOBE (sort of)

12. Hardened reptile dung. Bluff by LOLA. Picked by Lola

13. An old bag. Bluff by FIRSTTHOUGHT. Picked by Peace and Love

14. A cat that lives down the alley who is a complete slob. Bluff by CHESHIRE

15. An involuntary movement by a comatose patient. Bluff by JESPAH

16. A fine chain mail jacket. Bluff by Zzygogue. Picked by Jespah

'17. A derogatory cat term for dogs. In feline circles, it is used to describe only the most offensive, aggressive dogs. Bluff by FELIXNOIR. Picked by taffy Leblanc and Cheshire
0 Replies

Equus

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2003 11:31 am
Sozobe's real bluff answer, by the way, was "A corrosive used for safely removing lead paint."

So by my reckoning,
Sozobe and firstthought get 3 points
Felixnoir,Diane,LarryBS and (ahem) Equus get 2.
Hiama, Taffy, RJB, Zzygogue get 1 point
Lola doesn't get a point 'cause she picked herself.

Any disputes on scoring?
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2003 11:43 am
Equus - according to Lola (our creator) a person whose bluff is left out receives 2 points. (See page 10 for the time when I made the same mistake...)
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2003 03:46 pm
PS Equus you should give sozobe a point 'cause you're calling her male but she's female.

But that's just my unsolicited opinion. :-D
0 Replies

Equus

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2003 04:27 pm
You know I think I knew that. Sorry, Sozobe. You can call me 'she' a few times to get even. According to Macsm11 and Lola I guess you only get 2 points.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2003 06:20 pm
Equus. Good work on JARK. I've checked the scoring and, if Sozobe only gets two, it looks accurate. Maybe macsm or you could get us the updated score.

Isn't is fun being Dasher? Yeah, right.
So who's up next? It would be great to get a new round going before the weekend.

-rjb-
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2003 08:19 pm
This is your creator speaking.....................

This round was fun. And rjb is right, whose up next?
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2003 08:27 pm
Very Happy
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2003 09:06 pm
I just want to give Equus a hand -- she did a great job with the scoring.

OK, proceed.
0 Replies

LarryBS

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2003 09:18 pm
Don't everybody volunteer at once - quiet down quiet down. Want me to do it? How about

XERTZ

or do we get the words from some balderdash central location headquarters?

Let me know.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 14 Feb, 2003 09:45 am
We get balderdash words from any handy dictionary, jes says, popping a xertz in her mouth.

Fresh breath is a priority in my life.
0 Replies

firstthought

Reply Fri 14 Feb, 2003 01:22 pm
Fresh breath mints
jes I didn't know you used Hi-Tech to keep your breath fresh. I'm not sure but I think the Xertz is a new signal carrier frequency band of the broadband sprectrum. Very Happy

An as to using any handy dictionary does that mean one use dictionaries pertaining to the natural sciences of the objective physical world in the classifications of Physics, Biology or chemistry and all the disciplines they encompass <ROFL>

Oh! ft (taffy just hit me over the head with something.)
0 Replies

Equus

Reply Fri 14 Feb, 2003 02:04 pm
Biblio--2 + 3 = 5
mac---5+0=5
Equus--3 + 2= 5
chatoyant--4+0 =4
Diane----2 + 2 = 4
Lola----3+0=3
sozobe-------1+2=3
FirstThought 0+3=3
jespah--2+0=2
P&L------2+0 = 2
Craven--2 + 0 = 2
dlowan--2+0=2
realjohnboy--1+1=2
Felix----0+2=2
LarryBS 0+2=2
Hiama 0+1=1
Taffy 0+1=1
zzygogue 0+1=1
Swimpy--0 + 0 = 0
0 Replies

Equus

Reply Fri 14 Feb, 2003 02:05 pm
Xertz, isn't that the Rent-a-Carfax company?
0 Replies