We are adults an his parents have meddled, i don't know what to do, any advice?

TheMomoKitsune

Mon 24 Feb, 2014 07:40 am
@Lordyaswas,
Crikey!! Haha xD

Thank you though. very much Smile
Sounds awesome what your son is doing, i bet its beautiful doing that, and washing dishes is always a plus! Gosh xD
Guess I should keep you posted then! Razz
I'm going to take a deep breath and log off now because he is coming to pick me up shortly. >_<'
Will keep this thread open though i think... for now at least...
0 Replies

BillRM

Mon 24 Feb, 2014 08:37 am
@Lordyaswas,
Quote:
, and if you and your partner choose to make a go of it, try not to alienate family, as life is way too short.

Well given that I would not even had come into existence if my father had not been willing to alienate his parents to the point the poor man ended up needing to cut all ties with them by the time I was eight or so I tend to feel that your partner come first.
Lordyaswas

Mon 24 Feb, 2014 08:59 am
@BillRM,
Agreed, there are exceptions, but if it is avoidable, then I would suggest that efforts should be taken to avoid it.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Mon 24 Feb, 2014 09:51 am
Quote:
Momo asked: Parents can ruin relationships and I know this.
Any advice

Tell them to butt out. You and your boyfriend are not kids any more so it's about time they stopped trying to tell you what to do.
My parents were the same, always trying to put a damper on anything I did, so in my mid-teens I simply stopped talking to them and everything was fine and dandy after that..Smile
0 Replies

TheMomoKitsune

Tue 11 Mar, 2014 09:56 am
Thank you everyone for all your help and suggestions. We had talked about it and had an open conversation between me and my partner and he talked to his parents so in the end he sorted it himself. Which i am grateful for... but thankyou very much!!! x
PUNKEY

Tue 11 Mar, 2014 10:41 pm
@TheMomoKitsune,
I got in on this at the last, but that is exactly my point: your boyfriend should step up and handle this himself.

Good luck. (I have a feeling you will have meddling in-laws.)

0 Replies

CalamityJane

Sat 15 Mar, 2014 11:25 am
@Lordyaswas,
Lordyaswas wrote:

Well, if he does, I have a spare son going.

He's just off to Oz for three years, studying coral, but he scrubs up well and washes his own dishes.

How old is he, Spanky? I have an 18 year old with a boyfriend from hell, I need to introduce her to some European men Wink
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Sat 15 Mar, 2014 11:27 am
@TheMomoKitsune,
TheMomoKitsune wrote:

Thank you everyone for all your help and suggestions. We had talked about it and had an open conversation between me and my partner and he talked to his parents so in the end he sorted it himself. Which i am grateful for... but thankyou very much!!! x

Good luck to you and your partner! Looks like, you both are mature and handling this pretty well.
0 Replies