Haven't talked to this girl for a year, would suddenly reconnecting with her on facebook be weird?

Reply Sun 23 Feb, 2014 05:59 pm
If you've been following my threads, the last two girls I've asked to prom (later asked one to a date) all ended up with a resounding no. At this point, I find myself in a position where I no longer have nay interest in any girls in my school enough to take them to prom. I realized that I was overthinking way too much stuff so I've taken a friends (chai 2) advice to live in the moment!

I've recently had my eye on this girl who was in the same lifeguarding instructors course as me. We took it last year over march break. I didn't really get to know her because we took a crash course and the course ended after 5 days. She likes me, either as a friend, or something more and I'm definitely sure she does not dislike me.

The new issue is do you guys think after a year, would suddenly messaging her be a bit weird?

I plan to eventually get her number and proceed from there. My plan is to eventually ask her to prom yes.

Thoughts as to how you think that would go down?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 2,729 • Replies: 6
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 23 Feb, 2014 06:19 pm
@mandophon,
What resounding no? She didn't text you and you didn't call her?

Plus I somehow missed the first girl's resounding no. These threads are confusing.
mandophon

Reply Sun 23 Feb, 2014 06:26 pm
@ossobuco,
The first one, I asked was a co worker and she said no tearfully because someone had asked her only hours before. She asked me out for valentines which I thought to be a sign that she liked me but that too turned out to be wrong.

The second girl I asked couldn't make a decision for 40 mins before she texted me a long text which meant no later than night.

I bascially don't like any of the girls at school now enough to take them to prom so i was thinking of asking this girl who I knew from a lifeguard training class I took last yr march break and I was wondering if people thought it would be weird if I suddenly started talking to her even if I haven't actually seen or talked to her since last yr march break!

Sorry bout that!
jespah

Reply Sun 23 Feb, 2014 06:57 pm
@mandophon,
mandophon wrote:

The new issue is do you guys think after a year, would suddenly messaging her be a bit weird? ...

It's not weird at all. I connect to people from my High School graduating class all the time, and I graduated over 3 decades ago.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 23 Feb, 2014 07:56 pm
@mandophon,
Thank, I get it now.

On the girl in your lifeguard training class, sure, ask her, as long as you won't be somehow crushed if she's got a boyfriend. She might be pleased.
mandophon

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2014 08:42 pm
@ossobuco,
So I messaged her today at lunch. I messaged her. "Hey *girls name! Can't believe its been a year since instructors! How have you been?"

She replies back almost immediately. "Hahaha, been busy with school work, hbu?"

I replied back "Tell me about it! So stressed about post secondary applications you know?"

I sent that at around noon. She saw it at 1:26pm but didn't reply back.

Should I message her again tomorrow or does that mean she doesn't want to talk to me?

thanks all
Ragman

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2014 02:30 pm
@mandophon,
So let me see if I understand this: you waited a year to contact her and now your impatient that she didn't respond in an hour or two to a text msg?
0 Replies