the rate of the bus

JTT

Reply Mon 24 Feb, 2014 08:05 pm
@McTag,
McTag: You, on the other hand, would encourage foreigners to trip over ever more cumbersome phrases. I've seen you at it. Unnecessary overcomplication is your stock-in-trade. Less is often more. "Keep it simple" is a good adage, for the learners we deal with here.
----------------

Many of the learners here ask questions that completely flummox you. You are so out of your depth you don't know if you are coming or going.

So who would be better to decide that, McTag, someone with, say, a quarter century of teaching experience or you with (___) years of teaching experience?

You have a beginner's pattern of thinking that you can teach a language by "correcting" a student's sentence with McTag's version of simplicity when you can't see the forest for the trees, when you don't even know the forest exists or what it looks like or how it all interacts.
McTag

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2014 02:20 am
@JTT,

You exhibit your gift for inaccurate summary, and willful misapprehension.

As I have often pointed out to you before (so sorry about "repetition", but still hopeful something might sink in), in acquiring this scholarship you are keen to claim, you seem to have lost any commonsense you started with. You have certainly no sense of proportion, nor of what is appropriate in any given situation.
Self-aggrandisement is your starting point, and you go downhill from there.
It is difficult to escape the conclusion that you are a would-be patronising prat.
Maybe you've been a big fish in a small pond for too long. Welcome to the real world.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2014 04:30 am
@McTag,
http://katie73.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/dont-feed-the-troll.jpg
Miss L Toad

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2014 05:43 am
@WBYeats,
Quote:
-The rate of the bus to XYZ Estate is 15 minutes.
-What's the rate of the bus to XYZ Estate?

I'd say,

The Z bus comes every 15 minutes.
How often does the Z bus come?
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2014 10:22 am
@izzythepush,

He's not a troll, he's a very naughty boy.
JTT

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2014 10:25 am
@McTag,
I knew that would be your tangent, McTag.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2014 10:29 am
@McTag,
Izzy doesn't want to discuss his inanities. He much prefers the American route, hiding in his smelly little hole. It did take him some time to limber up so he could avail himself of it.
0 Replies