COUP IN KYIV?

izzythepush

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2014 09:44 am
@Setanta,
Hysteria? Refusing to kow tow. We're a sovereign nation. You can't tell us what to do. Learn to live with it, your majesty.
Setanta

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2014 09:54 am
@izzythepush,
Yes, certainly, you have descended into hysteria. I haven't called for anyone to kowtow, or to surrender their sovereignty. You've just dredged that **** up from an overactive, and yes, an hysterical imagination.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2014 10:04 am
@Setanta,
You got pissed off because us Europeans took umbrage about being accused of betrayal by the NY Times article, and Rev's insistence, like so many of you, to bang on about the War whenever you lose the argument.

You don't like it when we do that because you expect us to kow tow. You were the one who got hysterical because we dared to express an opinion contrary to that of an American.

The days of being told what to do by you lot are long gone, you can blame the debacle in Iraq for that.
Setanta

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2014 10:07 am
@izzythepush,
You're just making **** up as you go along--which is typical of your hysterical mode. My complaint was and remains your typical lumping of all Americans together because you don't like what one American has said. I son't expect anyone to "kowtow." I do expect you to slip into hysteria whenever you're silly straw man arguments are challenged, and in that, you never disappoint.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2014 10:08 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
you can blame the debacle in Iraq for that.
Is Saddam still around intact ?????
izzythepush

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2014 10:09 am
@OmSigDAVID,
No but Al Qaida are.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2014 11:02 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

The days of being told what to do by you lot are long gone, you can blame the debacle in Iraq for that.

Should the U.S. and Britain go to "couple's therapy"? The sentence above really sounds "shrill" when I read it. It does sound like a script for the wife in the respective "scene."

The scripted response could be, "Simmer down darling. Iraq and I were only out for her birthday. Nothing more." [Tune in next week for the ongoing saga as Britain and the U.S. meet the new neighbors - Mr. and Mrs. Crimea.]
panzade

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2014 11:19 am
@Foofie,
A little levity sometimes is a good thing.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2014 11:38 am
@Setanta,
One American? There was a newspaper article as well. It happens all the time, everytime one of us disagrees with an American, the default position is to go on about the bloody war of independence, or the 1812 war, or WW2. I thought we were supposed to be bloody allies now, you wouldn't think it to hear you lot going on.
Setanta

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2014 12:10 pm
@izzythepush,
Try to calm down, Bubba. All that hysteria and anger has got to be bad for your blood pressure. Making up wild, hysterical allegations is not doing your brain much good, either. Look, you're doing it again--"you lot," who would that be?
Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2014 12:56 pm
Latvia's fear of Russia, NATO-EU insurance policy, new fears in Moldova, and is Crimea a second Transnistria?

Deutsche Welle (DW) sums it up: Blueprint for Russian expansionism?
Setanta

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2014 01:06 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
That's interesting. The international media has been making Putin out to be some kind of adroit strong man, but all he has really been doing is holding on to what was left after the break up of the Soviet Union. He was just basically fighting a rear-guard action. But the possibility that he intends expansionism is both fascinating and troubling.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2014 01:09 pm
Deutsche Welle is a wonderful resource. The CBC plays their international service overnight, and if i'm up, i always tune in.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2014 01:29 pm
@Setanta,
A lot of American posters on A2K. We don't do it, you do.
Setanta

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2014 01:31 pm
@izzythepush,
What a tedious little whiner you are. Why don't you go off and sulk somewhere, so the grownups can talk to one another?
InfraBlue

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2014 01:33 pm
From the Sydney Morning Herald:
http://images.smh.com.au/2014/03/12/5252662/1394564863560.jpg-620x349.jpg
Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2014 01:38 pm
@Setanta,
Another report from the same source: The Russian who would defend Ukraine
Quote:
[...] In the heated, nearly hysterical atmosphere, both Russia and Ukraine are accusing each other of being responsible for the situation in Crimea. The term "fascist" is easily used, but often it's not clear what exactly is meant. The dispute does always not run along ethnic divisions, as the example of the Solomachins and their neighbor Kolja shows. Many Russians in Ukraine are worried and horrified by Russia's action in Crimea. [...]
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2014 01:39 pm
Thanks Walter, DW is a news source i value.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2014 01:42 pm
@Setanta,
You just have to have the last word don't you Malvolio? Your balls have to drop before you can consider yourself a real grownup.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2014 01:44 pm
@InfraBlue,
Similar, but opposite to the referendum posters going up all over Crimea.
http://cdn.rt.com/files/news/23/6b/e0/00/crimea-4.si.jpg
0 Replies