COUP IN KYIV?

Ragman

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2014 09:34 pm
@hawkeye10,
Just out of curiosity, how would you know what is legal or illegal in Russian law?
revelette2

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2014 09:50 pm
@oralloy,
Unless it's captioned, I can't hear youtube, so I can't really comment on it.
roger

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2014 09:51 pm
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:

I don't know I must have missed any news stories where Obama is at the bottom of all this. If the end of the world comes I suppose it will be Obama's fault.

Obama did all this. I guess it slipped by me, too.
JTT

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2014 09:53 pm
@roger,
Behold, the informed sheeple.
Lash

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2014 10:17 pm
@oralloy,
Proof of that assertion?
RABEL222

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2014 10:20 pm
@JTT,
Behold the uneducated shepard.
JTT

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2014 10:20 pm
@Lash,
Hi there, Ms Lash Ewe.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2014 10:21 pm
@Lash,
Oralloy, documentation of your assertion, please. It's not that I don't want to believe you - but that video isn't proof.
Lash

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2014 10:22 pm
@hawkeye10,
Nice find, hawkeye.
JTT

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2014 10:23 pm
@RABEL222,
Oooooooo, what witty repartee, Rabel the liar!

What of IGNORE?
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2014 10:27 pm
@Lash,
You are stunningly naive, Lash, even for an American, to think that the CIA hasn't had a big hand in this.

Everyday people die, people are tortured, children killed, people disappear and more often than not the USA has a hand in it.
-- ( a paraphrase of Amnesty International)
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2014 10:30 pm
@Lash,
Lash: Nice find, hawkeye.

What does that mean? He went beyond USA propagandist media sources?
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2014 10:30 pm
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:
Unless it's captioned, I can't hear youtube, so I can't really comment on it.

Here is a transcript/analysis combo:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-26079957
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2014 10:32 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:
that video isn't proof.

How is a recording of US diplomats planning the coup before it takes place not proof of their involvement?
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2014 11:01 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
The German chancellor, Angela Merkel, has described as "totally unacceptable" remarks by a senior US official who said "**** the EU" while speaking about the crisis in Ukraine.

In a leaked conversation posted on YouTube, the state department official Victoria Nuland revealed the White House's frustrations at Europe's hesitant policy towards pro-democracy protests in Ukraine, which erupted late last year. Nuland was talking to the US ambassador to Ukraine, Geoffrey Pyatt.

The German spokeswoman Christiane Wirtz said Merkel appreciated the work of Catherine Ashton, the EU's foreign policy chief, who had tried to mediate between the Ukrainian president, Viktor Yanukovych, and protesters who have taken to the streets. "The chancellor finds these remarks totally unacceptable and wants to emphasise that Mrs Ashton is doing an outstanding job," Wirtz said.

Speaking in Kiev, after meeting Yanukovych, Nuland refused to be drawn into the row. "I will not comment on a private diplomatic conversation," she said. But she implied she had been a victim of a sophisticated eavesdropping operation carried out by Russia's spy agencies. The embarrassing tape surfaced with Russian subtitles. "It was pretty impressive tradecraft. [The] audio quality was very good," Nuland said on Friday.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/feb/07/angela-merkel-victoria-nuland-eu-unacceptable
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2014 11:21 pm
@oralloy,
My thinks that we he US HAS yet to fully appreciate the effects of treating thd leader of Germany as a potential enemy.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 2 Mar, 2014 01:58 am
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:

Just out of curiosity, how would you know what is legal or illegal in Russian law?

It's all open to interpretation. What the Russians have been doing in Crimea could be viewed as legal as long as they had the permission of the Ukrainian authorities. So if you think the Crimean pm/Yanukovych are legitimate then what the Russians are doing is legal. If you deem the interim administration in Kiev to be legitimate then the Russians have broken their own laws.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 2 Mar, 2014 02:14 am
@izzythepush,
it has been over half a day, who is ready to explain why Putin does not get what he wants?
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 2 Mar, 2014 03:54 am
@izzythepush,
Well, Putin got the "allowance" of all Russian parliamentary bodies.
So, following his/their argumentation that this 'invasion' is just done to safe-guard Russian citizens and institutions ... it's an argumentation, which has been a couple of times in recent history by other nations as well ...
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 2 Mar, 2014 03:58 am
Russia Today claims that Ukrainian troops sent to Crimea by the Kiev government are switching sides. Reuters reports that Ukraine is calling up all its military reserves.
0 Replies