battery life is shortening

WBYeats

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 09:27 am
I bought my phone a long time ago, and the older it gets, the more frequently it has to get charged. What's the noun to refer to the amount of time that the phone can last in a state of not turning off/not having flat battery?

eg The ___ is shortening.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 7 • Views: 680 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 10:40 am
@WBYeats,
Battery life is fine for that idea. By the way, over time, batteries develop what is known as "too much memory." That means the battery is building up a static charge, which means that it cannot take as much of a charge. The only thing that can be done about that is to run the battery completely down as often as possible. That is not a good strategy for your phone. Eventually, you'll just need to buy a new battery
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 12:43 pm
@WBYeats,
WB: I bought my phone a long time ago, and the older it gets, the more frequently it has to get charged. What's the noun to refer to the amount of time that the phone can last in a state of not turning off/

not having flat battery? -dead battery
-----

I'm sure there is a term found within the industry, WB, but I'm not familiar enough with it that it readily comes to mind. If I wanted to describe that I might say,

My battery's ability to hold a charge/charge cycle has diminished/is rapidly diminishing/ain't worth ****/... .
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 02:03 pm
Battery 'life' usually means the period which starts when the battery is new and ends when it is no longer possible to use it any longer (when it won't hold a charge). The term for the amount of charge a battery will hold is 'capacity'.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 03:42 pm
@WBYeats,
Quote:
What's the noun to refer to the amount of time that the phone can last in a state of not turning off/not having flat battery?
WB did JTT answer this to your satisfaction as I'd also like to know

Quote:
can last in a state of not turning off
Does this mean, "before recharging"

Quote:
not having flat battery?
SorryWB but you might have to rephrase this for some of us who aren't sure what you mean
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 03:55 pm
For what it's worth, you never want to run any lithium ion battery till it's completely dead. It will probably never recover. This used to be the drill when we were using ni-cad batteries, but it ruins the li-ons.
0 Replies

WBYeats

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2014 03:00 am
Thank you~
0 Replies

janniferthompson

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2014 03:36 am
@WBYeats,
Replace the old battery with new one.
0 Replies