My God! It's Full of Stars!

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 09:01 am
Between 100 and 300 billion stars in our galaxy and between 100 to 500 billion galaxies in the cosmos! there are more stars in the "known" universe then there are grains of sand on earth! in fact, there are likely more stars in the universe then there are grains of sand found on all the planets in our solar system! just try and comprehend this! I dare ya!!!

RushPoint

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 09:43 am
@RushPoint,
do you think there is life out there? if so, what do you think this life would be like? intelligent? more so than us? or would you prefer to believe that we are the only ones? or the only intelligent ones for that matter.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 10:09 am
Well Jesus said- "You have no idea where I come from or where I am going....you are of this world, I am not of this world" (John 8:14/ 8:23, Matt 13:35)

So i suppose that makes him an alien?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 10:33 am
Given interstellar distances (don't even canvass intergalactic distances) it doesn't matter if there are other intelligent life forms out there. We won't be going to visit them and they won't be coming here. We are, effectively, alone.
Lordyaswas

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 11:25 am
@Setanta,
And getting more aloner by the second.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 11:31 am
Think TELEPATHY!
If the speed of thought is instantaneous, maybe aliens are trying to contact us telepathically across the vast reaches of space?
Problem is that when the alien message is picked up by a human mind it gets scrambled, and instead of coming through loud and clear, it triggers all sorts of hallucinations making the person think he's having some kind of close encounter..
Lordyaswas

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 11:35 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Have you got your tinfoil hat on again, Rombolino?
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 11:35 am
@Lordyaswas,
It would help if some of us showered.

I'm not naming names.
Lordyaswas

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 11:37 am
@jespah,
Wait a minute!

I'll have you know I did the top half last week, and am due for a lower shower on Saturday!

Bloomin' cheek.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 11:42 am
Incidentally I think I might have been abducted on two separate occasions while camping alone in remote spots but i can't be sure.
Google my "Twice Taken?" article on the net, subtitled "The Spalding Incident" and "The King's Lynn Incident"
Lordyaswas

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 11:43 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Did they keep your brain?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 11:45 am
@Lordyaswas,
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 12:07 pm
0 Replies

RushPoint

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 12:21 pm
@Setanta,
are you sure about that? granted, we won't be physically visiting any such worlds any time soon BUT, is there the possibility of some form of communication? if the speed of light is the only barrier then you may want to Google "quantum entanglement", it would seem there are other forces in the universe that either defy light velocity maximums or 1 particle can exist in 2 places at once! either way, physics has once again proven the impossible to be plausible! "put that in yer pipe and pretend to smoke it" lol.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 12:25 pm
Quote:
Lordy said:@RF-Did they keep your brain?

No mate, although it's possible they may have "enhanced it" which would account for where I get my awesome wit and intellect from..Smile

In fact I've got a theory that perhaps Shakespeare was abducted and brain-enhaced as a young man to give him awesome writng powers.
Further, I think he might have known he'd been abducted and left little clues for us in his plays, such as this one that seems to suggest aliens and robots (demi-puppets) operating from a UFO parked in a crop field at night, leaving a crop circle sour with residual radiation-
"Ye elves of hills, brooks, standing lakes and groves,
And ye that on the sands with printless foot
Do chase the ebbing Neptune and do fly him
When he comes back; you demi-puppets that
By moonshine do the green sour ringlets make.."

-The Tempest Act V sc1

PS- next morning after The Spalding Incident I noticed a big bruise on my shin without knowing how I'd got it. It was quite painless to the touch and faded out over the next week or so.
On reflection it may have been caused if the aliens had extracted DNA from my shinbone to make clones of me.
So next time you look up at the night sky think "There might be thousands of Romeos up there"..Smile
RushPoint

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 12:36 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
errg! seriously?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 12:48 pm
@RushPoint,
I son't need your snotty remarks about putting things in "my pipe." Suppose you shoot out a message to a star which is more than 50 light years away. Will you be alive to read the reply? I doubt it. Your particles in two places at once don't do you much good if you aren't certain about that and can't exploit that feature of your magic particles.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 12:51 pm
Basically, the idea of intelligent life elsewhere and the idea of travelling among the stars are preferred fantasies of our age. Almost no one gives any consideration to the practical aspects. What would you say, of any significance, to someone whose reply won't arrive until after you're dead? Why would any civilization entail the enormous expense of interstellar travel (and don't kid yourself, it would be enormous) for a handful of people when there are hundreds of millions on this planet who don't get enough to eat. ETs don't vote, politicians don't give a **** about your "gee, wouldn't it be cool" fantasies about the universe.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 01:02 pm
Quote:
RushPoint asked:@RF- errg! seriously?

Yes mate, one minute I was in my tent minding my own business and the next i'm Flash Gordon. Here's a copy of the article I've posted in UFO forums-

THE SPALDING INCIDENT (Lincolnshire, England, 1998)
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/CMSF/spaldC.gif

This was a lone bicycle-camping trip and I camped for the night just behind that hut (above) (this is a more recent pic but nothing has changed over the years) and I had slight trouble getting off to sleep, as if there was a sort of 'static' in the air.
Eventually i dropped off and had a 'dream' in which i was out of the tent in the darkness following a brown hooded monk-like figure towards a grove of nearby trees in which there seemed to be some kind of craft, and there the dream ended.
Next morning I woke up back in the tent behind the hut but it seemed as if morning had arrived too quickly, as if time had gone missing.
I also had a large yellowish bruise on my shin, it wasn't the least bit painful to the touch and i had no idea how i'd got it, maybe it was caused by something drilling a hole in my shinbone to extract marrow for DNA analysis, or maybe it was an antiseptic stain applied to deaden the area during the operation.
I broke camp and got on with the trip with no ill effects and the bruise faded over the next week or two.

Below- the grove of trees that contained the 'craft' in my 'dream'-
"Ye elves of hills, brooks, standing lakes and groves.."- Shakesp's The Tempest
The incident didn't leave me traumatised or stressed in any way, and no 'flashbacks' or bad dreams or whatever. Was I Taken? I just don't know..

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/CMSF/spaldA.gif

Blue dots mark the site-

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/CMSF/SpaldAa.gif

General view below shows my campsite (yellow dot) just behind the hut, and the grove (circled) to which i followed a brown hooded monk towards a craft in the trees in my 'dream'-

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/CMSF/SpaldC-1.gif
izzythepush

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 02:03 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Incidentally I think I might have been abducted on two separate occasions while camping alone in remote spots but i can't be sure.

You must have been, because why else would you have walked to the public bogs and given a blow job to an HGV driver from Dagenham called Barry? That's not at all like you, the only possible explanation can be alien possession.
0 Replies