Stand You Ground Is For White Folks Only

coldjoint

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2014 01:27 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
Apparently you are so full of yourself you have rendered yourself useless to anyone else. And it shows.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2014 02:20 pm
@boomerang,
boomerang wrote:
I want the freedom to not worry about my teenage son
being shot down by some scardy cat, gun toting, asshat.
Do u want him to have the legal freedom
to defend himself, if that becomes necessary ?????

from criminals or from animals ??

as distinct from what Zimmy went thru
because he defended himself when his head was being pounded on the cement ???
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2014 02:33 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
And what you assholes have is Sarah Palin and Ted Nugent. We win.
My intellectual heros remain the Authors of the US Constitution and,
in modern times, Senator Barry Goldwater.

I re-iterate my question, Bear:
in the face of the problem that u posted qua Giles & Mrs. Alexander,
WHAT is your remedy????????????

WHAT do u request??? Please advise.
JTT

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2014 02:40 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Om: Please advise.

Change your Depends, Dave.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 22 Feb, 2014 01:37 am
@blueveinedthrobber,

oralloy wrote:

Are “Stand Your Ground” laws rotten to the core?

No. America is a free nation and its citizens have the right to defend themselves.

The Left is just going to have to accept that America is never going to give up our freedom.

**** you and this sort of freedom.

As Oralloy correctly set forth:
we refuse to relinquish our freedom of self defense.

What do YOU want in its place??????

David
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2014 11:58 am
@boomerang,
Quote:
want the freedom to not worry about my teenage son being shot down by some scardy cat, gun toting, asshat.

Begin by teaching your son not to attack strangers who have annoy them just to begin with.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2014 12:00 pm
@revelette2,
Quote:
I wonder what can be done about the unfairness of the way the "stand your ground" has seem to have fallen along racial lines? I

The last I did research on the subject more blacks have used that defense successfully then whites.

But facts never matter now does it?????????????
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2014 12:02 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
Quote:
That doesn't mean I think that laws allowing white men to kill teenage boys with impunity while locking up black men for wounding someone has a damn thing to do with freedom in any form so you too can **** yourself

Complete nonsense claims with no backing of any kind.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2014 12:07 pm
@Ceili,
Quote:
You really are a racist piece of ****, aren't you?

You mean having contempt for a race baiter who have blacks. whites and jewish bloods on his hands due to his actions over decades mean you are a racist piece of ****??????
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2014 12:19 pm
Is it not strange that there is no concern express about the vast bulk of killings of black youth have nothing to do with whites, police or racists of any color but of other young black men.

Thousands of Trayvons are killed in Chicago alone every year and no one care as it is done by other black young men but let one mixed race Latin man killed in self defense using a legal firearm and that is all we hear about.

Sharpton does not care if he need to climb over a mountain of dead young black men as long as he can not use their deaths to promote his career.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2014 12:28 pm
Facts have the annoying habit of interfering with the race baiters.

Quote:

http://www.newsherald.com/opinions/letters-to-the-editor/the-racial-statistics-behind-stand-your-ground-1.186953

Of the 133 cases in which the “Stand Your Ground” defense was used, 73 (55 percent) were ruled justifiable in a court of law. Thirty-nine were ruled unjustified and the defendant was adjudicated guilty. There are currently 21 cases which are pending, either in a court of law or awaiting final judgment.

Now let’s break down the above figures to a more meaningful attempt to dissuade you of the opinion that every other person walking the street (including law enforcement and the judicial system) is racist. But then again, not everyone in Florida deserves to be robbed, raped and killed or to have one of those “everyday beatdowns” committed against them by someone wearing a hoodie or not.

Of the 133 people who have used the “Stand Your Ground” defense, 76 were white. Forty (less than 52 percent) of these individuals were considered by a court of law as being justified in their use of deadly force without retreating, to protect their lives. Twenty-five of these 76 people were found in a court of law to be unjustified in their usage of such defense and were subsequently found guilty. Eleven cases involving whites who used the “Stand Your Ground” defense are still pending in the courts. Out of whites who used the SYG defense, less than 52 percent were found to be not guilty.

Forty-four African-Americans have used the “Stand Your Ground” defense in Florida. Of these 44 cases, it was determined by a court of law that 24 (55 percent) were justified in their use of deadly force. There were 11 African-Americans out of the 44 cases who were found guilty, while 11 cases involving the original 44 are still pending in the legal system.

In Florida, since passage and inception of the “Stand your Ground” law, less than 52 percent of the whites who used it as a defense were found to be justifiable in their actions and 55 percent of the African-Americans who used the same defense were found to be justified in their actions. African-Americans have successfully used the Stand Your Ground Law, successfully as their legal defense more than any other race (percentage wise) since its inception.

Firearms-related violent crime in Florida has dropped 33 percent in just four years, from 2007 to 2011. Coincidentally, over the same time period concealed carry permits rose a staggering 90 percent. All forms of violent crime have dropped 26 percent during this same time period.

0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2014 12:30 pm
@panzade,
panzade wrote:
Legal analyst Holly Hughes last night:

"“Let’s just keep it really real. Us lawyers use this term, “assuming arguendo,” meaning “how about if it was like this,” let’s flip this, Don.
Let’s say that in the state of Florida, black men were murdering teenage white boys, and then when they went to trial, they got acquitted using “stand your ground.”
Do you really think that if that was happening, that they wouldn’t repeal the law or change it?
That’s what it comes down to!

I’ve heard a lot of people say, “Oh well, black men get convicted and that’s the problem…”
No, no, no, let’s do exactly the reverse: black adult men, murdering white teenagers in Florida, and then getting acquitted. There would be a riot to equal none! They would repeal that law so fast and say,” you can’t have “stand your ground” anymore!”

So, why is it ok in this situation!? Why is it ok? Can we just ask the question!”
Considering Ms. Hughes question on its merits,
without her semi-hysterical assumptions,
I will re-iterate what I said in good faith during Zimmy's trial:
if I were on a jury, I 'd simply do the job, playing it straight.
If a white kills a black with no justification, then apply the law,
regardless of race either way. In the Dunn case, I can see a reasonable
conviction, possibly, in such a circumstance. Foul language from blacks
does not justify killing them.

In 1974, a friend of mine was impolite to me, and I did not shoot him.

David
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2014 12:38 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
there was no stand your ground in 1974 Mr. Green
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2014 12:43 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
Well, I did not shoot him ANYWAY!

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2014 12:44 pm

Truth be told, I STILL have not shot him.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2014 12:44 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
Quote:
there was no stand your ground in 1974

An the stand your ground law have nothing at all to do with the Trayvon shooting either as good old fashion self defense law cover that justify homicide.

Oh the stand your ground law was in force when a crazy young woman got into my face and told me she was going to killed me in fact follow me home and killed me and not only did she walk away in perfect health but never had a clue that I was armed at the time.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2014 12:46 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
I see yesterday the USSC just refused to hear 2 cases about allowing 18 year olds to pack and carry. The USSC finally set some limits on the NRA .
panzade

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2014 12:51 pm
@farmerman,
Saw yesterday where a 16 year old was stopped from buying cigarettes, beer, and then smutty magazines but was able to buy a rifle at a gun shop.
BillRM

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2014 12:53 pm
@farmerman,
OH?

Some states does not allow legal adults citizens at 18 to carry firearms even those they can be police officers in most states at 18 or 19 and can be US soldiers at even a younger age?
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2014 12:57 pm
@panzade,
panzade wrote:
Saw yesterday where a 16 year old was stopped from buying cigarettes, beer,
and then smutty magazines but was able to buy a rifle at a gun shop.
Rifles r life-saving emergency equipment.
Cigarettes, beer and paper magazines are not. (The metal kind, with ammo in them, can be.)
0 Replies