falling for boss, what to do

Reply Tue 18 Feb, 2014 01:12 pm
About half a year ago my manager got replaced by a new younger one.
he's about 28 and very attractive,
recently I've been having dreams about him and suddenly got very attracted by him.
Now here's the problem: he's engaged.
but he's still acting very nice and always smiling at me.

I'm really confused because I want to tell him so bad, but how? I don't want him to notice (in case he;s not into it) , I can lose my job

Another thing, we work at the gym, and therefore he has a great bod too.
In about a month we have 'personal meetings' to talk about progress and goals at the workplace.
which makes it more uncomfortable for me.

what should I do?
Should I surrender to my feelings and flirt with him/ tell him? (and how)
or should I forget it because he's engaged? (Really would hurt me , and I don't want to be a relationship wrecker)

love to hear your thoughts

jespah

Reply Tue 18 Feb, 2014 02:22 pm
@liftgirl,
You work in a gym, right?

So grab a fifty pound weight.

And drop it on your foot.

Because maybe then you'll snap out of it.

Sorry if this is harsh, but you yourself have outlined everything that is wrong with this.
  1. This is your boss. He could fire you.
  2. This is still your boss. The economy is lousy. If you are fired, the chances of you finding another job, cute boss or no, are not so great. So be aware of the risk to your wallet all of this is.
  3. He is engaged. That means that he loves someone who is not you. If you actually mean what you say about not wanting to be a relationship wrecker, then lay off.

Why is he smiling at you and paying attention to you? Because he is paid to do so. He is also paid to smile at and pay attention to the women who come to the gym, particularly the ones he is trying to sell a membership to. This is because he is, ultimately (all gyms are) in sales. It is a part of his job description and requirements for him to be in good physical shape, and to be well-groomed, and to be nice and pay attention to everyone.

It is also his job to have meetings with you, to keep you on track so that you succeed.

Surely there are plenty of other guys who come to the gym. Flirt with them, if you like. Hell, if you sell them memberships, your income should increase. But see it as the job that it is.
Germlat

Reply Wed 19 Feb, 2014 11:33 am
@jespah,
Eureka!!
0 Replies