News: Internet Trolls Are Really Horrible People

Joe Nation

Sat 22 Feb, 2014 08:27 am
@IRFRANK,
We all come here for attention in the same way, I think, that we go to parties.
At a party, some of us would be fully engaged in conversations ranging from whether or not the Yankees should even show up to Spring training to how long a snowball would survive in hell if there were a hell and if we could ever know there was a hell.
Others would be playing Scrabble or singing around the piano or gathered in the kitchen showing each other how to make an omelet have the right amount of bubbles in the pan.

The trolls would be the ones jumping on the furniture yelling "**** !"

We'd notice them which is too bad because that's all they want.

We should take them to the roof and let them jump on the building's edge.

Joe(It's a might slippery up there. Cool )Nation
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Sat 22 Feb, 2014 08:36 am
It's well and good to be all inclusive, like some want, but it makes an asylum of a place, unregulated. Those who claim all must be rough and tumble on a forum should be allowed, but segregated, in some way. That's why I will continue to use the ignore function.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Sat 22 Feb, 2014 09:09 am
I’d like to suggest an alternate perspective of the issue at hand, if I may.

SEEMINGLY ASIDE BACKGROUND TO MY PERSPECTIVE:

If you are a serious poker player, you know that if you are not CAUGHT BLUFFING often enough…it means you are NOT BLUFFING often enough. Bluffing is an integral and important part of poker playing; getting caught is simply one of the prices one pays for playing the game decently.

PERSPECTIVE:

An Internet discussion site with nobody ever being called a troll…would be one hell of a dull place. In order for a discussion site to be “interesting”…there must be people so dedicated to certain propositions that they will advance and defend them strongly enough so that people equally strongly opposed, will eventually consider them to be trolls...and visa versa.

Determination, persistence and resolve are an integral and important part of Internet discussions such as those that happen here in A2K. Having people who are considered trolls is simply one of the prices one pays for a decent site with dedicated people.

AFTERTHOUGHT: I don’t want anything here to be misconstrued as me thinking Romeo is anything but an annoying troll.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Sat 22 Feb, 2014 09:43 am
Quote:
Frank Apisa said: I don’t want anything here to be misconstrued as me thinking Romeo is anything but an annoying troll

Frankie baby, on the golf course you're the Law, but out here in the message board jungle it's ME!..Smile
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/ramboteasle_zpsba3bcdf7.jpg~original
neologist

Sat 22 Feb, 2014 12:38 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Frank Apisa wrote:
I don’t want anything here to be misconstrued as me thinking Romeo is anything but an annoying troll
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
Frankie baby, on the golf course you're the Law, but out here in the message board jungle it's ME!..[stupid IMG]
Well, you are often good for a laugh, Romeo; but more often a lesson in self deluded futility.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Sat 22 Feb, 2014 03:31 pm
Quote:
Neologist said: Well, you are often good for a laugh, Romeo; but more often a lesson in self deluded futility

THAT'S IT MATE, keep up the name-calling, you said earlier you were over 70 years old, are you sure you didn't accidentally add a 'O'?..Smile

Let me just add this latest one to my collection of other names you've called me-
ignorant (21 Sept 2013)
malicious (22 Sep 2013)
fable spinner (24 Sep 2013)
your drivel (24 Sep 2013)
deceiver (11 Nov2013)
racist (7 Feb 2014)
liar (19 Feb 2014)
self deluded (22 Feb 2014)

PS: and speaking of "self-deluded", can you talk us through your Jehovah's Witnesses beliefs and explain why you think Christmas, Easter, Birthdays, church spires, crosses and transfusions are evil, and why you think Jesus was crucified on a stake?..Wink

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/JW-beliefsB_zps2f57a26b.jpg~original
neologist

Sat 22 Feb, 2014 03:44 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
How sad
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Sat 22 Feb, 2014 04:04 pm
Quote:
Neologist said:@RF-How sad

COME ON MATE, I've handed you a golden chance to explain the JW's beliefs to us and make us flock to the local JW recruiting office..Smile
izzythepush

Sat 22 Feb, 2014 04:13 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Instead you could tell us why you happen to be obsessed with JWs. Most of us really couldn't give a monkeys, but they've got under your skin in a big way.
neologist

Sat 22 Feb, 2014 04:31 pm
@izzythepush,
As if I hadn't done my best.

I think I'll just go and talk about liquids for a while. Oh, except my trollism, that is
izzythepush

Sat 22 Feb, 2014 04:40 pm
@neologist,
You have done your best, and I'm sure you're all very nice people, but I'm sorry, I really don't give a monkeys.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Sat 22 Feb, 2014 04:49 pm
Quote:
Izzy asked:@RF- Instead you could tell us why you happen to be obsessed with JWs. Most of us really couldn't give a monkeys, but they've got under your skin in a big way

But Neologist always throws the first punch at me, never the other way around!
Same with anybody else who takes a swing at me, I can only follow Mr. Capones example..Smile

"If somebody messes wid me, I'm a-gonna mess wid dem!"
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/capone1.jpg~original
izzythepush

Sat 22 Feb, 2014 04:57 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
You're obsessed, you called me a Jehovah's Witness. Now I've been called a Moslem, an Atheist, a Catholic and a Jehovah's Witness.
0 Replies

Foofie

Sat 22 Feb, 2014 05:17 pm
@Joe Nation,
Joe Nation wrote:

Really? You guys are going to hijack a thread about trolls being awful people by exposing us to how awful you are?

Joe(It would be funny if it wasn't so psychotic )Nation

Trollness, in my opinion, is in the eyes of the beholder.

And, it is possible that some anti-trollites are just projecting one's own internet traits on another. Some "trolls" could just be scapegoats for a poster with low self-esteem, or a desire for forum power?

And, I do not agree with the old adage, the only good troll is an ignored troll, since in time there could be a national museum of the American troll, perhaps in a hundred years or so, after boredom makes trolls the national heroes.

Simply put, it might just be a direct ratio that the degree of troll antipathy is directly proportional to one's seriousness (aka, lack of a self-deprecating sense of humor)? Trolls may be a divine attempt to teach humility about the importance of a thread?
blueveinedthrobber

Sat 22 Feb, 2014 05:55 pm
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/stevetheq/Troll-Appreciation-Day_zps23228df9.jpg
0 Replies

IRFRANK

Sat 22 Feb, 2014 05:56 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Some people push the envelop in wanting that attention directed toward self...but the majority seem to be more interested in having the attention directed toward ideas.

Yes. Good point. And the difference between good conversation and the common bashing.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Sat 22 Feb, 2014 09:43 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie, sweetie, darling, babydoll, I wouldn't normally put people on the spot like this, but I want you to go back up the pages and read what Romeo whatshisface has been posting about JWs on this, a thread about trolls and their obsessive behaviors and, I'm sorry to ask, get us your judgement. Give us the benefit of your years of separating the **** from the schist.

Should he be the first recipient of the GET THE **** BACK UNDER THE BRIDGE AWARD ?

Joe(Your vote counts a lot)Nation
Romeo Fabulini

Sun 23 Feb, 2014 09:01 am
A sign of a troll is that their forum profiles are blank or almost blank, as if they're hiding under the bed scared to say whether they're male/female/undecided/atheist/christian/muslim/fairy worshipper/Brit/American/Korean/Russki or whatever..Smile

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/eyes-under-bed_zpsfedb637f.jpg~original
Joe Nation

Sun 23 Feb, 2014 09:17 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Well, that's one sign, a better indicator is acidic obsession.

Joe(no thread subject is too important to be replaced by what they want to talk about)Nation

0 Replies

Foofie

Sun 23 Feb, 2014 02:56 pm
@Joe Nation,
Joe Nation wrote:

Foofie, sweetie, darling, babydoll, I wouldn't normally put people on the spot like this, but I want you to go back up the pages and read what Romeo whatshisface has been posting about JWs on this, a thread about trolls and their obsessive behaviors and, I'm sorry to ask, get us your judgement. Give us the benefit of your years of separating the **** from the schist.

Should he be the first recipient of the GET THE **** BACK UNDER THE BRIDGE AWARD ?

Joe(Your vote counts a lot)Nation

I do not comment on others directly. Plus, my vote/opinion never counts in this venue.