28
   

News: Internet Trolls Are Really Horrible People

 
 
IRFRANK
 
  2  
Reply Sun 9 Mar, 2014 08:09 am
@Germlat,
Quote:

I may have to agree with you here... People despise to hear opposition.


I think people, (you know who you are), love the opposition. It triggers the constant blathering and rage that is an outlet of some sort. Most of it is very predictable and of little value.
Joe Nation
 
  2  
Reply Sun 9 Mar, 2014 09:34 am
@IRFRANK,
True.

Joe(well said.)Nation
Foofie
 
  -2  
Reply Sun 9 Mar, 2014 09:54 am
@Joe Nation,
Joe Nation wrote:

That should make it easy for you, Hawkeye, all you have to do is present facts, those opposing you will have no defense.

Joe(facts are very stubborn things)Nation


I don't agree with your position, because sometimes facts are just ignored. Sometimes facts are dismissed in typical alpha style. Sometimes facts are countered with non-relevant facts pointing to another something else (aka, off-topic).

You should have seen this on the thread about Israel "stealing" Palestinean land. No amount of facts (the Palestineans never owned any land) will change the position that Palestineans, by virtue of being an indigenous people DESERVE to have their own country. Usually there is a history of once having had a government on a land. That does not dissuade the pro-Palestinean folk. So, I believe your point is too optimistic, since idealogues are just idealogues, and can never accept an opposing position, in my opinion.

0 Replies
 
Miller
 
  -3  
Reply Sun 9 Mar, 2014 10:37 am
@Joe Nation,
The problem associated with "facts" is most posters will use a Google search or a WIki search to present "fact" as presented using those tools.

Not a good idea, in my opinion, as solid facts, today, are usually only found in scholary journals and not too many posters want to be bothered looking in the literature ( Journals) to find out what the real facts are.
hawkeye10
 
  1  
Reply Sun 9 Mar, 2014 11:46 am
@Miller,
Quote:
Not a good idea, in my opinion, as solid facts, today, are usually only found in scholary journals and not too many posters want to be bothered looking in the literature ( Journals) to find out what the real facts are.


in other words only the elite should speak or decide. Because that approach has worked so well for us over the last generation, as we have left most everything up to the "experts", as America rots.
Germlat
 
  2  
Reply Sun 9 Mar, 2014 12:27 pm
@IRFRANK,
I think typing the word people is not specific enough. I should have typed...there are those instead. Just like in the real world, there are people on online forums with very diverse personalities. It is normal to engage with those you enjoy the most. There are also nuts, sickos, just as in the real world. To think otherwise would be naive.
Joe Nation
 
  1  
Reply Sun 9 Mar, 2014 01:08 pm
Quote:
Joe Nation wrote:

That should make it easy for you, Hawkeye, all you have to do is present facts, those opposing you will have no defense.

Joe(facts are very stubborn things)Nation


I wrote this to Hawkeye with my tongue firmly in my cheek. When, oh, when will we come up with a way to convey with some form of punctuation not only sarcasm but also those times when we say something with a twinkle in our eyes?

Joe(You are SO good looking!)Nation
edgarblythe
 
  1  
Reply Sun 9 Mar, 2014 01:33 pm
@Joe Nation,
By using the eye-twinkle emoticon. Very Happy Smile Laughing Razz Smile Very Happy Razz
0 Replies
 
izzythepush
 
  2  
Reply Sun 9 Mar, 2014 01:53 pm
@Joe Nation,
Some people don't get irony, sarcasm, pathos, bathos, rhetoric, exaggeration or anything that's not 100% literal, regardless of how many emoticons you use. I'm not including OmSigDavid in this group, he knows what's going on, but likes to pretend not to.

Clueless dolts will always struggle, just keep addressing your posts to those of us who weren't hit repeatedly in the head as children.
IRFRANK
 
  1  
Reply Sun 9 Mar, 2014 03:32 pm
@Germlat,
Quote:
I think typing the word people is not specific enough. I should have typed...there are those instead. Just like in the real world, there are people on online forums with very diverse personalities. It is normal to engage with those you enjoy the most. There are also nuts, sickos, just as in the real world. To think otherwise would be naive.


I agree there are both types.
0 Replies
 
IRFRANK
 
  3  
Reply Sun 9 Mar, 2014 03:38 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
in other words only the elite should speak or decide. Because that approach has worked so well for us over the last generation, as we have left most everything up to the "experts", as America rots.


I don't agree with either one these statements. We have not left everything up to the 'experts', and America is not rotting. Money runs things and it is not for the greater good. While we have problems, I think rotting is a bit harsh. The biggest change I've seen in my lifetime is the over whelming increase in antagonistic rhetoric, which is reflected here.
0 Replies
 
Setanta
 
  5  
Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2014 12:34 am
Just thought it worth while to point out, once again, that if you think someone is a troll, the thing to do is to ignore that person. Carry on.
0 Replies
 
Foofie
 
  0  
Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2014 08:49 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:
Not a good idea, in my opinion, as solid facts, today, are usually only found in scholary journals and not too many posters want to be bothered looking in the literature ( Journals) to find out what the real facts are.


in other words only the elite should speak or decide. Because that approach has worked so well for us over the last generation, as we have left most everything up to the "experts", as America rots.


You are implying that one must be highly educated to read the best sources?
0 Replies
 
Foofie
 
  -1  
Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2014 08:52 am
@Joe Nation,
Joe Nation wrote:

Quote:
Joe Nation wrote:

That should make it easy for you, Hawkeye, all you have to do is present facts, those opposing you will have no defense.

Joe(facts are very stubborn things)Nation


I wrote this to Hawkeye with my tongue firmly in my cheek. When, oh, when will we come up with a way to convey with some form of punctuation not only sarcasm but also those times when we say something with a twinkle in our eyes?

Joe(You are SO good looking!)Nation



You're waxing poetic?
0 Replies
 
Foofie
 
  0  
Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2014 08:56 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Clueless dolts will always struggle, just keep addressing your posts to those of us who weren't hit repeatedly in the head as children.


"Dolt" or undereducated? Reminds me of the BBC program, "Cafe." What's with those people? Living by a sea resort makes the locals somewhat simple?

Miller
 
  0  
Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2014 01:29 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie:

Since you live in NYCity, you could probably go over to the JTS ( Jewish Theological Seminary ), and ask to use their library. There, and in their bookstore, you'll find many excellent sources on the subjects you posted about Israel.

Foofie
 
  -1  
Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2014 10:52 am
@Miller,
Miller wrote:

Foofie:

Since you live in NYCity, you could probably go over to the JTS ( Jewish Theological Seminary ), and ask to use their library. There, and in their bookstore, you'll find many excellent sources on the subjects you posted about Israel.




I don't know what you are referring to. I would not go to the Jewish Theological Seminary anyway, since I prefer just a regular secular library. I am really not comfortable around the Orthodox, modern or otherwise. Any Jewish friends I every had were really like myself in being secular and Ashkenazi.
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

 
Copyright © 2021 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/17/2021 at 02:49:05