step children having a relationship together

Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2014 09:45 am
When a man and a woman get married and have children from another relationship, is it appropriate for the step children to date each other? I can't seem to get them to understand why that is inappropriate.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,179 • Replies: 8
No top replies

contrex

Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2014 12:19 pm
I don't know where you are located, but relationships between people who are siblings by adoption are illegal in some US states, but not in others. Outside the US it varies from country to country. You need to check your local laws. Of course if it is illegal where you live, you can tell them that. If it is legal, I don't know how you can convince them that it is "wrong", any more than with any other couple who are allowed legally to have a relationship. If they are living under your roof, you can tell them you won't allow it. If they are adults and not living under your roof, I don't see what you can do, other than convey your disapproval.
0 Replies

anonymously99

Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2014 12:42 pm
@LeonaBanks,
Let's be smart here, use our brains for a second...

You should start a new thread with the title reading:
Quote:
step and biological children having a relationship together due to biological parent's/step parent's orders

Very reasonable, understandable, makes a whole lot of damn sense, more sense. Hell. Haven't you seen those movies.
0 Replies

RedLily

Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2014 03:41 pm
@LeonaBanks,
According to what I know. Ethically, they can have relationship with each others because they are not related (same blood). Legally, I don't know. It depends on the laws of where you live. (p.s. I am learning on grammar.)
anonymously99

Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2014 03:43 pm
@RedLily,
The ages need to be taken into consideration.
RedLily

Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2014 03:45 pm
@anonymously99,
Off course.
Wilso

Reply Wed 19 Feb, 2014 03:16 pm
@RedLily,
RedLily wrote:

Off course.

That should be "Of course."
RedLily

Reply Wed 19 Feb, 2014 04:35 pm
@Wilso,
Thanks for correcting my spelling Wilso.
anonymously99

Reply Wed 19 Feb, 2014 08:45 pm
@RedLily,
I'm dealing with a bunch of idiots.
0 Replies