Bella Dea

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2014 12:09 pm
Some people just aren't funny. It's all in the delivery and the audience.
Angel23

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2014 06:46 am
@Bella Dea,
People had laughed at my jokes even my supervisor. But now she's starting to crack down. Like when I asked my coworker to egg and tp houses with me, she joined in with the joke. But my supervisor didn't seem to like it.
Bella Dea

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2014 06:01 pm
Maybe someone complained. There are always the ones with the sticks in bad places who have to ruin the party.

I'd cool it if your supervisor is looking down on you now.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2014 06:34 pm
@Angel23,
You asked that?

at this age, 23, you don't get that assailing people's property is at the least a misdemeanor?

I see a childlike interest in your recent comments, and don't know want to say about that but to please, please, see your therapist.
I see your are not getting boundaries, and some of those boundaries are legal matters.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2014 06:38 pm
@Bella Dea,
The first car I owned was egged. I took it to a car wash, apparently the wrong thing to do.. Ruined the paint job; that was a special paint from the factory, a porsche paint. Had to have it repainted, at something like two months old.

None of that is cool.

That is more than a stick in a bad place.
Angel23

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2014 09:41 am
@ossobuco,
I wasn't actually intending to egg houses. I was just joking
contrex

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2014 10:36 am
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:
at this age, 23, you don't get that assailing people's property is at the least a misdemeanor?

Just this week...

Arrest after egg and flour attacks on pedestrians, cyclists and cars in Hanham and Longwell Green, near Bristol

A MAN has been arrested after police received complaints that occupants of a car had been throwing eggs and flour at pedestrians, cyclists and other vehicles in Hanham and Longwell Green.

A 21-year-old man has been questioned by police about the incidents, which began last month.

PC Andy Cox, of Avon & Somerset police, said: “These unprovoked incidents have caused injury, damage and distress to the people involved. Our enquiries led to the arrest of a man on Thursday6 March.”

The man, from Hanham, was charged with two counts of assault and bailed to appear before North Avon Magistrates’ Court in Yate in April.

0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2014 11:23 am
@Angel23,
Angel23 wrote:

I wasn't actually intending to egg houses. I was just joking

They didn't know that though.

Honestly?
I think you should stay away from joking with people.

That's not to say you shouldn't be friendly, but experience has told you over and over that your jokes fall flat, or even make people angry.

chai2

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2014 11:29 am
@chai2,
An addition to the above.

People tend to expect from others the behavior they have experienced from them in the past.

From you, all the way back years ago when you began posting here, people you work with have learned to expect strange and explosive behavior.

I understand you say you want to be change, but you cannot expect their behavior toward you to change overnight.

Not trying to be mean, but imagine what they can be thinking when they see you approaching them, or try to engage them. They are wary of you. I certainly would be.
You push too hard for one thing.

I think you need to concentrate on yourself for the time being. That means maturing from someone who jokes about egging someones car/house and being jealous of a 2 year old.

Once you grow up, you'll have a better idea of how adults behave.

For what it's worth.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2014 04:08 pm
I made that statement with the knowledge that she said she was joking. I suppose if she'd done something like it before (actually done it, not just joked about it) the co workers wouldn't know if she was joking. But most people would assume she was just blowing off steam and kidding.
0 Replies