No response? No assumptions?

Sun 16 Feb, 2014 11:42 pm
I emailed a cute guy I had a class with last semester but he hasn't written back. We haven't talked in ages. I've spotted him from time to time around campus but we don't share any classes. Should I assume he's not interested or should I approach him if I see him in person? It feels like refection but I realize I miss emails all the time, but that's me. Please advise.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 666 • Replies: 6
Topic Closed
No top replies

roger

Sun 16 Feb, 2014 11:54 pm
@cherry89,
He's probably not interested. If he didn't answer at least the first email, he also sounds kind of rude. I'm assuming you did only send him the one email. I also assume you used the correct address.
cherry89

Mon 17 Feb, 2014 12:03 am
@roger,
I don't know. I had his campus student email but I never needed to send him anything before. I won't send a second email. Should I say hi if I do see him or avoid him? I'd never be so rude to a guy making a forward gesture by ignoring him.
roger

Mon 17 Feb, 2014 01:14 am
@cherry89,
Stand your ground on the second email and don't send it. Yeah, give him a pleasant greeting if you run across him, and maybe see how he reacts.

By the way, I have a gmail address that I set up for one annoying individual to forward his political crap to. I check it maybe once every two months. I doubt this is his situation, and I'm not making excuses for him. Just considering unlikely but possible situations.
cherry89

Mon 17 Feb, 2014 01:53 am
@roger,
I won't send a second. Maybe he doesn't check the school email often? I know I check my personal gmail with my phone, maybe that's the case. It is also spring break. I guess there's no harm in greeting him. Maybe I'm just trying to make myself feel better... hehe

I'll pretend he didn't get it, unless he gets back to me. Thanks roger Smile
0 Replies

Ryanviola

Mon 17 Feb, 2014 05:38 am
@roger,
I think if he is not interested and by person you think he is of your type, then you must approach him for a single time. Then whatever will be the decision accept that in final.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Sat 22 Mar, 2014 08:27 am
WHY do you use email to begin a relationship?? There are hundreds of reasons why he could have missed, lost, deleted, or didn't even get your email.

Grow up and be a woman - walk up to him and say "What's up? I emailed you some time ago and never got an answer. You OK?"

For god's sake TALK to people !!!!
0 Replies