I can't slow down. Help??

Reply Sun 16 Feb, 2014 07:35 pm
Dating an honest guy 3 months (1-2x a month). We are 2 hours apart. He was debating moving closer to his kids (near where I live) or moving back to his hometown. He recently communicated that he is making plans to move 1k miles away from here in a month back to his hometown, returning 1-2x a month to see his kids and I and he has a job opportunity that came through there. His intention is a more exciting career opportunity, less loneliness (hometown family and friends).

Both still interested in dating each other. Neither of us is exclusive or had sex (too early). We have a great connection that is growing. Recently, shortly before learning of his move, I've been growing more fonder of him at a slightly greater intensity than he is of me. I'm having a hard time coming to terms with the consequence of his moving so early in meeting me; possibly losing what might be something great.

Is it too early to express my interest that I'd be happier if he reconsider his initial idea of moving closer to his kids and I? Also, I wonder if this change will make it worthwhile to continue the pursuit of happiness in our budding relationship?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 520 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Sun 16 Feb, 2014 07:40 pm
@blueflowers,
Allow me to clarify this better. Do I understand this correctly? You have only met with this man and dated 6 times and you're making plans to move? That is very unwise. This is rushing things in any culture. What is the hurry?

Furthermore, because he is 1000 miles away, that's a long-distance relationship, and, as such, is demanding both timewise and financially for one or both people to maintain seeing one another regularly. Why not find someone local to date?
0 Replies

blueflowers

Reply Sun 16 Feb, 2014 07:42 pm
He is making plans to move.
Ragman

Reply Sun 16 Feb, 2014 07:57 pm
@blueflowers,
blueflowers wrote:

He is making plans to move.

You wrote that he is moving 1000 miles away from you...correct? Are you considering this with your head as well as your heart?
blueflowers

Reply Sun 16 Feb, 2014 08:29 pm
@Ragman,
Much less my head than my heart...
0 Replies