Best Winter Olympic sport for me?

roger

Reply Sun 16 Feb, 2014 11:10 pm
@johnnybigbro22,
Ya gotta sweep like hell, man.

Seems like all your possibilities are in, or near the tropics. There must be some logic in choosing places like that to train for winter sports.
farmerman

Reply Sun 16 Feb, 2014 11:14 pm
@roger,
theres no beverage tax?
roger

Reply Sun 16 Feb, 2014 11:41 pm
@farmerman,
That could be, but exactly which winter sport are we talking about?
Wilso

Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2014 01:34 am
@johnnybigbro22,
johnnybigbro22 wrote:

I wasn't sure if barbados was a country or province. Thanks for the clarification. I was thinking that to have the best chance at going to the olympics and not give up my USA citizenship that I would have to move to a province. Or maybe I could move to one of the caribbean islands or oceanic islands would be the easiest countries to move to. Hope that help. Smile

How will moving to the tropics assist you in becoming a winter Olympian?
johnnybigbro22

Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2014 10:25 am
@Wilso,
Well, if I can start a team there and I can start on the team, then we can have a good chance to go to the Olympics if we train hard and know what we are doing.
johnnybigbro22

Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2014 10:26 am
@roger,
Curling. The greatest show on earth!
0 Replies

johnnybigbro22

Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2014 10:27 am
@roger,
So you think I should move to a tropical island in order to get the best chance to go to the olympics?
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2014 10:31 am
@johnnybigbro22,
johnnybigbro22 wrote:

Well, if I can start a team there and I can start on the team, then we can have a good chance to go to the Olympics if we train hard and know what we are doing.

That's not necessarily how it works. You're likely going to need big bucks (funding) to build a training facility, buy the appropriate sports equipment, fund support staff, fund a campaign to recruit world class athletes in your country of choice, etc....
farmerman

Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2014 10:35 am
@tsarstepan,
many Canadian curling associations ARE SPONSORED BY BEER COMPANIES OR EVEN BARS
johnnybigbro22

Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2014 10:36 am
@farmerman,
Aight. I will try cinder blocks. If nothing else, it will help with my strength. And do you suggest any beer? Maybe your favorite beer? Wink
And there are big leagues for curling? Lol
johnnybigbro22

Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2014 10:38 am
@farmerman,
Ok. So you're saying that if I move to barbados then I will do good for a long time. But then I will hurt my arm and have to retire?
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2014 10:43 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

many Canadian curling associations ARE SPONSORED BY BEER COMPANIES OR EVEN BARS

I believe that many of the US teams have corporate sponsors as well. But this guy isn't going to get corporate sponsors with a fly by night team with no experience whatsoever in said sport he'll have to choose and have never tried before. He's not going to get hundreds of thousands of dollars or more without professional team management/supervision. Corporate sponsors aren't just going to hand a nobody big bucks without proof that it's going to just be turned into beer money or wasted on a low/no profile team.

This hypothetical team still hasn't even proven they're can be a team on the field let alone capable of qualifying for the Olympics. Just because a country has a given team doesn't mean they automatically earn a spot in the Olympics. They still have to pass tryouts, no?

No corporate sponsors are just going to give big bucks unless there's a potential for winning a medal thusly their sponsorship will be noticed by their respective marketing audience.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2014 10:46 am
@johnnybigbro22,
That's the spirit. Id look for a career of curling in the amateur circuit. Then Id get drafted with a huge pro contract in the national Curling League. Id get some underwritings from shoes or swiffers or beer.
The beer should be entirely pwrsonal.

Vit Jablonski , the "great" Vit Jablonski used to drink only Iron City cause he liked the headaches he got from that beer.
Don't get too fru fru a beer (like Dogfish Head or Anchor Steam) too mny yuppies and hipters drink that **** and they don't understand the PAIN AND SACRIFICE GREAT CURLERS MUST SUFFER
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2014 04:26 pm
Wonder how many Curling facilities, skating rinks, and luge runs there actually are in the Carribean? I'm going to take stab and say NONE.
farmerman

Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2014 04:57 pm
@Wilso,
Curling can be set up on an indoor patio. All you need are some chillers and a BAR
johnnybigbro22

Reply Tue 18 Feb, 2014 12:22 am
@farmerman,
Haha you're really big on all the bars and beer aren't you lol?
0 Replies

johnnybigbro22

Reply Tue 18 Feb, 2014 12:25 am
@Wilso,
There doesn't have to be one there. I could start one or I could play curling on the sand. That would be hard though. So what country do you suggest I represent and play for?
roger

Reply Tue 18 Feb, 2014 12:32 am
@johnnybigbro22,
Yeah. Yeah, I forgot about all that beautiful sand to curl upon. Take a good sun protection cream and keep hanging in there.

Thanks for a neat thread.
johnnybigbro22

Reply Tue 18 Feb, 2014 12:40 am
@roger,
Aight I will try. And your welcome for the neat thread. Maybe I should try one for summer olympics too.
roger

Reply Tue 18 Feb, 2014 01:27 am
@johnnybigbro22,
For summer Olympics, I suggest you focus on the iambic pentameter.