• Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 696 • Replies: 5
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2014 07:50 am
@gungasnake,
Quote:
Im going out on a limb here and stating that its mostly a Garrett and Allegheny County thng. The gas companies have taken over the politics out there because they want a sweetheart deal like they got in PA and the present state govt isn't bending. The severance taxes should be no less than what they get in Texas or Louisiana or Colorado.

I wonder whether these "committee" folks are large landowners who stand to make even greater royalties if the severance tax were low??

The rule of "follow the zlotys" still obtains
gungasnake

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2014 12:43 pm
@farmerman,
You'd only have to take three or four counties out of Md. to have a perfectly normal red state.

The new gun laws have to be part of what the Western Marylanders are pissed over. Another part of the thing is the corruption of the political system and vote manufacturing. The whole world knows for instance that Paris Glendenning never won that first governor's race.
farmerman

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2014 12:50 pm
@gungasnake,
that's motly bs IMHO, gunning fordeer, birds, ducks and varmints is big on the Eastern SHore , and its all populated with guys like dick VAder Cheney. Maryland has been "corrupt and contented" since reconstruction.
gungasnake

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2014 02:53 pm
@farmerman,
The kicker is that it's mainly the democrat districts which offer the real scope for vote manufacturing. Fabricating votes in Baltimore is relatively easy, it's much harder in some little county with 500 people.
farmerman

Reply Fri 14 Feb, 2014 06:06 am
@gungasnake,
believe what you will.I have no idea which party is crafting the entire thing and who's covering the fact that ts based upon "keepin the gas for Garrett"
Its all bullshit and you are easily swept into these partisan conspiracies. WHy issat? Are you unable to exist in a bipartisan world with its dueling worldviews?
Im probably more conservative than you in a few arenas but I still manage to keep my sanity intact, and Im happy to say that I don't
have to buy into the ample bowl of bullshit that you eagerly consume just so long as it originates within the GOP.
0 Replies