Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2014 01:53 pm
Hello, my daughter just got married. Her husband and her have lived with us for about a year. He and I have a very good relationship and I have become sort of a mother to him. His mother did not raise him so he always has wanted a mother. He is 20 years old and I am 35 years old. He is extremely jealous of anyone who gets too close to me. He is a jealous person in general but if anyone, even his own brothers or sisters try to come around me too much he gets really really angry and says he feels as if they are invading him. Should I be concerned about this?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 985 • Replies: 11
No top replies

jespah

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2014 02:03 pm
@isaac1of3,
Do you think this man could be violent?
anonymously99

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2014 02:12 pm
@isaac1of3,
If you seriously are asking us all of a2k the question you are asking then it is you who has the problems not he.

From reading, you come across as smart. As in you should know. What are you, testing us?
isaac1of3

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2014 02:13 pm
@jespah,
He has seen violence a lot and he punches walls and things like that but never has he got that way with me or my daughter.
isaac1of3

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2014 02:16 pm
@anonymously99,
I feel bad for him because I think he has issues with his mom and that's what may cause the reactions but then again I don't know. I have never come across anything like this before. I don't get why he is so jealous. When he does get mad he threatens to never speak to me again and stuff like that.
anonymously99

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2014 02:16 pm
@anonymously99,
I personally believe it's more than that.
isaac1of3

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2014 02:17 pm
@anonymously99,
More than that? What do you mean? Like mental disorder? I know he needs counseling for sure.
anonymously99

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2014 02:17 pm
@isaac1of3,
Your mentality, maturity level must be extremely low.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2014 02:22 pm
@isaac1of3,
He certainly needs some form of counseling.

Given that they are living with you, at the very least you need to set ground rules with him. E. g. he pays for anything he breaks, etc. There are consequences to his tantrums.

If he's violent to a wall, he might transfer that over to a person. Or drinking or the like could set things off, or even too much stress. Please make sure that your daughter knows (and tell her every day if you feel you have to) that you love her and will support her no matter what. Because if they move out, and he does become violent toward her (not outside the realm of possibility), then she needs to know that your home can be a safe haven for her.
0 Replies

anonymously99

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2014 02:28 pm
@isaac1of3,
The situation is really a tough situation. If he's at all a man. He should provide his family he and your daughter possible children a home. Set a move out date. But help him get started. Find him a job look for jobs with him. Get him hired. Then set a reasonable move out date.

That would be nice of you to help your daughter and her husband. It is very nice of you to be doing as you are already doing for them. You seem as if you're a good lady assuming you are being helpful in a, during a struggling time.
isaac1of3

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2014 02:50 pm
@anonymously99,
I have helped him a lot. I think so much he thinks he can control now.
anonymously99

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2014 03:03 pm
@isaac1of3,
YOU HAVE A HUSBAND? THEN SURELY YOUR HUSBAND IS A MAN AND WILL PUT HIS FOOT DOWN.

IF NO HUSBAND THEN THERE ARE SUCH THINGS AS RESTRAINING ORDERS. ARE YOU PLAYING DUMB FOR REASON? I DONT CARE TO KNOW THE YOUR ANSWER TO MY QUESTION.
0 Replies