Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 09:22 pm
Trust me....just trust me.

I know you're married.
I know you're happily married.
I know you're totally in love with your spouse

here it comes
it's coming now
uh oh...watch out...

have you ever thought about it? just once? has the attraction every been so great, so electric, so ridiculously there that you could not deny it? What did you do?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,090 • Replies: 20
No top replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 09:44 pm
I've thought of it, but it's been in my dreams where I have some really exciting affair with a woman I've never met. I often wonder where these women I've never met can appear in my dreams. Wink
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 09:49 pm
Just like Jimmy Carter I have lusted in my heart. But that was when I was married. Now cheating is out of the question.
0 Replies

Sam1951

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 10:57 pm
What constitutes cheating? Is it done without your partners knowledge? Is it still cheating if you talk about it first and your partner is ok with it? Well...

Sam
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 11:05 pm
Re: NOT cheating is hard to do
onyxelle wrote:
have you ever thought about it? just once? has the attraction every been so great, so electric, so ridiculously there that you could not deny it? What did you do?

Umm....yeah. Crying or Very sad

Going through that right now. Don't want to hurt my spouse...don't even want to leave the marriage...it's a happy one. But so torn when desire for another is so strong. I'm posting at this late hour (1 a.m.) because I got off the phone with him a little while ago. It's just too hard to lay in bed next to a very special, loving, snoring and unknowing husband.
0 Replies

bella

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2004 12:55 am
I think about it, but when I realize that I have to chose which one will be number one and which one will be number two, I realize how selfish it is.

But...good question from Sam on what constitutes cheating. I agree that it requires deception.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2004 01:19 am
Yes, I've thought about it ... a number of times. At times it was like walking on egg shells, very dangerous .... but no, I didn't do it.
But here's the rub: HE did! And kept it secret for quite a while, too. Just goes to show, doesn't it?
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2004 01:30 am
My mouth is firmly shut on this topic Smile
0 Replies

Jim

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2004 02:16 am
The company compound we live in is a regular little Payton Place. I can't even walk down the street without everyone knowing about it, let alone try a little hanky panky.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2004 02:49 am
Oh yeah, i think about it all the time--i have a rich fantasy life with the subject. And it ain'ta gonna happen. My sweetiepie and i joke about it--she says i'd better go find someone (we are frequently separated). When we are together, i flirt constantly, and she expects nothing different from me. And it just ain'ta gonna happen.

I rather suspect my sweetiepie knows that, too . . .
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2004 07:41 am
Sam1951 wrote:
What constitutes cheating?

To me, cheating is when the act is consumated. Anything short of that could be called deception...but NOT cheating.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2004 12:36 pm
I agree, doglover.

We can make promises about what we will do. We cannot make promises about what we will feel. Real life and real love can be complicated.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2004 12:41 pm
But depending on the relationship consumation itself might not be cheating. I think that's what Sam was getting at.

To "cheat" you need to betray an established trust. Some couples do not establish monogamy as the rule and in their cases having sex would not necessarily violate the trust.

Anywho, I've never been married but have never even had the inclination to cheat (only because I never enter a relationship unless I'm so smitten by the gal that I'd not be able to consider anyone else spoinge-worthy).
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2004 12:43 pm
Faced temptation many a time -and walked away saying the crime aint worth the time. Wink
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2004 01:08 am
Gautam wrote:
My mouth is firmly shut on this topic Smile

Oh why, Gautam?
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 02:12 am
Because Smile
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 04:11 am
CDK I agree with you trust is everything in a committed relationship. And once broken it is broke.

Good for you Husker.

Guatam you are a bad boy sometimes.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 04:29 am
People who cheat are selfish and self centred and don't deserve the partner's they've got.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 05:24 am
Gautam wrote:
Because Smile

Ok, then.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 06:21 am
JoanneDorel wrote:

Guatam you are a bad boy sometimes.

Sometimes ????