Ear Piercing Troubles!!! Help!!!

Reply Thu 6 Feb, 2014 09:02 pm
I've piercing my ears for nearly 3 months. I pierced it at a very professional (and expensive!!!) ear piercing store, and the price includes 6 check-ups within 3 months. They recommended that i didn't change my earrings until approximately 3 months, so i waited for about 2&1/2 months, and on my 5th visit to the store for the aftercare, one of the staff their changed my earrings for me. I had no problem at all when she changed them. That night, i took my earrings off before i took a shower (for about 20 min) and when i came out, i attempted to put my "starter studs" back in, and i couldn't. I started to freak out, and i asked my parents to try and help me. They couldn't do it without making my ear bleed either. So the next day i went back to the store and a lady helped me to put my earring back in (she sort of poked it gently, and stuff like that) and she succeeded in both my ears.
It has been about 10 days since that happened, and so today (10 min ago) i was just playing around with my earring and i kind of pulled it. the back (so did the earring itself) came out and 2 seconds later i was at the mirror trying to put it back in. The earring went in almost all the way, but it wouldn't go any further. i pushed it hard and so it went it, but my ear bled. It's still in now, but im worried. Why can't i ever seem to put my earrings back in, even when the hole hasn't even been bare (not have an earring in it) for 1 min???
Please help, i'm really worried!!!

xoxo,
Maya
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 1,969 • Replies: 4
No top replies

glitterbag

Reply Thu 6 Feb, 2014 09:21 pm
@mayayoung,
Are you cleaning the ear area and posts with alcohol? That helps the healing. Also, if you have trouble putting the post in, try dabbing the post with Vaseline, a little dab is all you need. That should ease the placement. Also, check the end of the post that enters the ear lobe, if it's not absolutely straight, it might be very hard to insert.

Also, you don't have to take your starter posts out while you shower. Coincidentally, about a year ago my ears became semi closed. My fault because since I retired I don't wear earrings everyday. I wound up seeing a plastic surgeon who pierced my ears again. It was only $75 and that included gold posts and check ups.

This time it was easier, but I'm guessing because my girlfriend pierced my ears when we were 18 with a sewing needle and cork. The hole was always a little
smaller than necessary, because we were kids and didn't know what we were
doing. Keep trying, try not to panic and it will become second nature rapidly. Use alcohol when the ears are sore, or if you bleed. Good luck
0 Replies

nurein

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2014 04:25 am
Oh that's really very sad you just clean that area that would help at some extend.
0 Replies

JonnyTips

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2014 12:09 pm
@mayayoung,
While piercings look great, sometimes problems arise—including skin infections. They are easy to treat by simply following your doctor's advice, as long as you know the signs and don't hesitate to treat an infected piercing as soon as you recognize it. This article will help you recognize the signs of infection, how you will treat it, and how to prevent infections in the future.
0 Replies

nazia08

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2014 01:42 am
Its realy some thing annoying and you must take care of them brcause it is sensitive part of our body.
0 Replies