the worse things get----

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2004 12:20 am
Forgot another important point: the sanctions against Iraq was responsible for killing many innocent children from lack of food and medicine.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2004 12:25 am
The UN sanctions (supported by Clinton) against Iraq was responsible for the deaths of 2.6 million Iraqis according to this link. http://www.disasterrelief.org/Disasters/000204Iraq/
There's a disconnect between good and evil actions of our government; how can we rationalize the evil of others without taking responsibility for our own?
0 Replies

Centroles

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2004 01:50 am
Foxfyre wrote:
The difference between some of you who do not like (are ticked off at/disappoint in/are frustrated with/hate/disrespect/etc.) GWB and those of us who see him as an honest and decent man is that some look for anything to accuse and disrespect him even if they have to hang on to discredited sources or even if they have to make it up. The rest of us can just go with the facts that are out there via the 9/11 commission and witnesses, Bob Woodward, the people in Iraq, etc. and feel pretty good about him. Smile

That's an awfully unfair characterization Foxfyre.

I do honestly think that Bush is a decent man. I do believe that he is very privilaged and often misguided but I do believe that he usually does what he thinks is best for the country, eventhough he has often done immoral things such as lying abou the true cost of the drug plan or distributing fake stories. I would go so far as to say that Bush does what he thinks is best for the nation even if it harms his popularity and chance for reelection.

And I don't see any reason to believe that Bush is stupid though I am convinced that he is ignorant and unwise. This is well supported. His view of the world as black and white, his view of certain people as evil and others as good, his refusal to look at things from the perspectives of others though one of the most basic tenets of good leadership is "know thy enemy", his use of religion as a crutch to try and justify his misguided actions, and his ignorance to how such stances would ostrasize the rest of the world all point to this.
0 Replies