Check (grammar&syntax) an reference/recommendation letter for a student, please? :)

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2014 03:49 pm
I’ve known Spencer for the past year, having served as her English teacher. I believe Spencer would be an excellent addition to ABC School not only inside, but also outside the classroom.

While a student at DEF School, Spencer has always challenged herself academically. She is an exceptionally active participant in class discussions, her hand is always first one to be raised when something is questioned or discussed. She has superb written and verbal skills that are a pleasure for any teacher to encounter. In our school, except for her kind and helpful personality, she is known for her outstanding talent and interest in Natural Sciences and Mathematics, but I think she also has a great ear for languages, so learning in English wouldn't be much of a problem for her.

She demonstrated a willingness to take intellectual risks and go beyond the normal classroom experience in so many ways; by tutoring her classmates who are struggling with their English, Mathematics and Science courses, assisting her teachers during the lectures, taking extra materials and writing extra assignments, helping in decorating classrooms for multiple school events and reading numerous books written in English language. It is not adequate to say that she accepts responsibility readily. She seeks responsibility.

Her interaction with teachers and staff is outstanding - she is well known for her kind, helpful and open, but serious and work-focused personality. Her classmates are happy to have her in their class, where she is always ready to help and have a discussion on whatever the subject is.

On the other hand, her intellectual and mature way of thinking and speaking, as well as her magnificent academical motivation strongly distinguish her from people of her age. Conversations with her usually feel as if I was speaking to someone much older than herself.

Speaking of her knowledge it is enough to say that she was more than ready for every unannounced exam, usually getting a perfect score. Her assignments are always written in time and I hardly ever find grammatical mistakes or typographical errors. She is a true perfectionist, willing to spend a lot of time and effort to make something as close to her ideals as possible.

Her combination of intelligence, organization, motivation, commitment, perseverance, creativity, and compassionate character will certainly make her a valuable member of any academic program, as it made her the top of generation 2013/2014 of our school.

I encourage you to look favorably upon her application.

Sincerely,
Professor Mariah Adkins

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,191 • Replies: 1
No top replies

redhouse

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2014 04:50 pm
@redhouse,
Check (grammar&syntax) *a reference/recommendation letter for a student, please? Smile

Sorry. Smile
0 Replies