When do we cease to exist?

Smileyrius

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2014 09:14 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
It is not about scoring points, it is about exposing fallacy whether logical or doctrinal. I notice that you resort to patronising comments rather than go down the route of sensible conversation. As a christian, try to learn from your great teacher, rather than using him as a battering ram. Remember he said to be childlike, rather than childish.

It is great that you have so much enthusiasm for spiritual matters, and I am happy to continue discussing with you if you are willing to be sensible about it.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2014 11:53 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
.... PS- hey wait a minute, I thought the JW's said there IS an afterlife; some nonsense about 144,000 JW's going to heaven to rule over the rest of us poor schmucks left on earth?
Have the flip-flopping JW's changed their story again or what?
I'll make this simple.

Where do you think Adam and Eve are?

A] Heaven
B] Conscious in Hell
C] Just plain dead

Germlat

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2014 12:14 pm
@neologist,
I don't think they ever existed.
neologist

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2014 12:17 pm
@Germlat,
Germlat wrote:
I don't think they ever existed.
Understood.
Question directed to Romeo for him to practice his a2k sashay
Germlat

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2014 12:22 pm
@neologist,
Wink, Smile
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2014 02:51 pm
Quote:
Romeo said: .... PS- hey wait a minute, I thought the JW's said there IS an afterlife; some nonsense about 144,000 JW's going to heaven to rule over the rest of us poor schmucks left on earth?
Neologist replied: I'll make this simple.
A] Heaven
B] Conscious in Hell
C] Just plain dead

Whoa mate, debating etiquette requires that you answer a question put to you before posing a question of your own..Wink
Let me try again to get an answer out of you-
You said earlier that the dead stay dead.
Yet the Jehovah's Witnesses believe 144,000 JW's will go to heaven!
Are you arguing with your own JW big bosses or what?
Be careful or they'll kick you out again..Wink
gungasnake

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2014 02:59 pm
@Germlat,
Quote:

Never. There actually are questions with simple answers...
neologist

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2014 05:38 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
.... PS- hey wait a minute, I thought the JW's said there IS an afterlife; some nonsense about 144,000 JW's going to heaven to rule over the rest of us poor schmucks left on earth?
neologist wrote:
: I'll make this simple.
A] Heaven
B] Conscious in Hell
C] Just plain dead
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
Whoa mate, debating etiquette requires that you answer a question put to you before posing a question of your own..Wink
Let me try again to get an answer out of you-
You said earlier that the dead stay dead.
Yet the Jehovah's Witnesses believe 144,000 JW's will go to heaven!
Are you arguing with your own JW big bosses or what?
Be careful or they'll kick you out again..Wink
Sorry to confuse you with my question. I was merely trying to prod you into an examination of your own beliefs.

There will be a resurrection of the righteous and unrighteous, true. But God is under no obligation to grant resurrection to any sinful human. Resurrection is made possible only through the perfect life and sacrifice of Jesus. Those who have been judged as wicked will remain in death. So my question about Adam and Eve, when you choose to answer it, will answer the very question you asked.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2014 08:58 pm
@neologist,
I think Adam and Eve exist in our imaginations. But then in a sense so do we.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 14 Feb, 2014 01:56 am
Quote:
Neologist said: There will be a resurrection of the righteous and unrighteous, true. But God is under no obligation to grant resurrection to any sinful human. Resurrection is made possible only through the perfect life and sacrifice of Jesus. Those who have been judged as wicked will remain in death. So my question about Adam and Eve, when you choose to answer it, will answer the very question you asked.

But mate, you said earlier in this thread- "Not all atheists realize the Bible agrees with them; when you're dead, you're dead" (Neologist Thu 13 Feb, 2014 01:03 am)
But now you say there WILL be a resurrection of the righteous AND unrighteous, but that those judged as wicked will remain in death!
And what the heck have Adam/Eve got to do with anything?

Sorry but all that Jehovah's Witness doubletalk makes about as much sense as Abbott and Costello's "Who's on First" routine..Smile
Do yourself a favour mate and get out of the JW's while you still can-
Paul said - "I'm worried lest you be led astray from the simplicity of Christ" (2 Cor 11:3)
"Don't get carried away by strange teachings" (Heb 13:9)
"They want to win you over and alienate you from us" (Gal 4:17)
Smileyrius

Reply Fri 14 Feb, 2014 05:36 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Am I to assume no further discussion or would you like more time to think about it?
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 14 Feb, 2014 11:28 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
. .. But now you say there WILL be a resurrection of the righteous AND unrighteous, but that those judged as wicked will remain in death!
And what the heck have Adam/Eve got to do with anything?
You seem reluctant to answer my question about Adam and Eve, so let me help:
Adam and Eve were told the consequence of disobedience would be death. Were additional punishments to be added, it would have only been fair to mention them, don't you think?
Well, they sinned and they died. Do you suppose they are now in heaven?
If so, why would they be rewarded for their sin which brought so much misery to their offspring?
Conscious in hell? Why were they not warned?
Or just dead?
Your refusal to answer shows the weakness of your assertion.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 14 Feb, 2014 11:30 am
@gungasnake,
Quote:
gungasnake wrote:
Never. There actually are questions with simple answers...
What about Adam and Eve? Perhaps you have an answer to the question Romeo has so far refused to answer.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 14 Feb, 2014 11:41 am
@neologist,
Here's you an answer, neologist:
Adam and Eve are fictions. Fables out of a myth-making process humans engage when they don't know the answers.
Germlat

Reply Fri 14 Feb, 2014 11:44 am
@edgarblythe,
And so much easier than holding oneself fully accountable.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 14 Feb, 2014 11:45 am
@edgarblythe,
I don't believe in a literal Adam and Eve. I consider it an allegory.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 14 Feb, 2014 12:05 pm
Quote:
Neologist said: You seem reluctant to answer my question about Adam and Eve, so let me help

WHOA mate, there you go again asking a question before you answered mine!
Let me try asking again-
You said earlier- "Not all atheists realize the Bible agrees with them; when you're dead, you're dead" (Neologist Thu 13 Feb, 2014 01:03 am)

Firstly, Jesus often spoke about resurrection, so how can you argue with him?
Secondly, you JW's say 144,000 of you will be resurrected!

So I ask again- According to you, do the dead stay dead or don't they?
neologist

Reply Fri 14 Feb, 2014 12:33 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Do si do, Romeo

My question is my answer. You can't answer it because you would have to admit that Adam and Eve are dead.

The resurrection promise does not apply to all
0 Replies

Smileyrius

Reply Fri 14 Feb, 2014 01:31 pm
@Romeo

I assume that is a clear no to a grown up discussion. Thats ok Romeo, I have no problem commentating on, rather than discussing your teachings. You can just re-enter when you feel comfortable to do so or if you need to re-clarify when I misunderstand what you say.
0 Replies

Jack of Hearts

Reply Fri 14 Feb, 2014 02:02 pm
@Germlat,
When you are dead - not brain dead - not eternally comatose - you're dead when you start to smell ripe.
Respiration stopped; no heartbeat; zero brain activity; total flat lining - dead, right? Clear! kathunk We have a pulse!
"It's only the machines that is keeping her alive." Pull the plug? "But this doctor said 'never give up hope'". Pray to God you're doing the right thing. The bishop consulted with Rome, 'it's not an immoral thing to do'. Why did the District Attorney get involved? It's lawful, the U.S. Supreme Court said it's OK.
And so they pulled the plug - doctors said she'll be dead in less than two minutes, (only one said twenty at the most).
Over ten years later, Karen Ann Quinlan was still breathing on her own. Like I said, your dead when you begin to smell ripe.

http://content.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,1864940_1864939_1864909,00.html
0 Replies