31
   

When do we cease to exist?

 
 
Romeo Fabulini
 
  0  
Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2014 05:21 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Do people only have nice pleasant out of body trips?
'Flatliners' speculated that some trips are baaaad..-

OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2014 05:49 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
Do people only have nice pleasant out of body trips?
'Flatliners' speculated that some trips are baaaad..
There have been some complaints from suicides and atheists.
0 Replies
 
neologist
 
  2  
Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2014 08:05 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:
[A lot of people have returned from death
in hospitals. Thay 've described it. We need not theorize about it.
Hmm. But those 'returnees' seem to have intact memories.
0 Replies
 
neologist
 
  1  
Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2014 08:16 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
So Neo please tell us who we should believe, Solomon or Jesus?
Your question underscores your abysmal lack of Bible knowledge.
0 Replies
 
Romeo Fabulini
 
  1  
Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2014 08:35 am
Quote:
Romeo asked: So Neo please tell us who we should believe, Solomon or Jesus?
Neologist replied: Your question underscores your abysmal lack of Bible knowledge

It's a simple enough question,but in case you didn't understand it, let me rephrase it slightly for you-
Solomon said there's no afterlife, but Jesus said there is, so who shall we believe?
Also the Jehovah's Witnesses say there IS an afterlife, so are you contradicting your own bosses?
Germlat
 
  2  
Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2014 08:49 am
@OmSigDAVID,
No one has ever returned after being clinically brain dead. If the heart and lungs stop, they can be restarted at times...not the brain. So those which considered themselves dead, were not truly clinically dead.
Smileyrius
 
  2  
Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2014 09:35 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Only me, I find it interesting that you say heaven, yet in your quote, Jesus says Paradise. Perhaps we should go back a couple of steps. Could you show me where in the bible that heaven equates to paradise?
0 Replies
 
neologist
 
  2  
Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2014 10:44 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
No. Solomon says when you are dead you are dead.

That he did not mention the resurrection does not mean he did not know about it. Resurrection would not be possible, however, had not Jesus paid our ransom.
And resurrection is not guaranteed for all. Certainly not Adam and Eve, who sinned while yet perfect. I don't hold any hope for folks like Nimrod, Jezebel, and others. Resurrection is for the righteous and unrighteous, not for the wicked.
0 Replies
 
Romeo Fabulini
 
  1  
Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2014 10:50 am
Quote:
Neologist said: No. Solomon says when you are dead you are dead.
That he did not mention the resurrection does not mean he did not know about it. Resurrection would not be possible, however, had not Jesus paid our ransom.
And resurrection is not guaranteed for all. Certainly not Adam and Eve, who sinned while yet perfect. I don't hold any hope for folks like Nimrod, Jezebel, and others. Resurrection is for the righteous and unrighteous, not for the wicked

No offence mate but that JW doubletalk makes absolutely no sense to me!..Smile
neologist
 
  1  
Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2014 10:54 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
No offence mate but that JW doubletalk makes absolutely no sense to me!..
I know. It really makes you think.


Sigh!
0 Replies
 
Romeo Fabulini
 
  1  
Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2014 11:09 am
Quote:
Smileyrius said: @RF- I find it interesting that you say heaven, yet in your quote, Jesus says Paradise. Perhaps we should go back a couple of steps. Could you show me where in the bible that heaven equates to paradise?

Ask any sunday school kid and they'll rightly tell you they're the same place; here's a typical dictionary definition-
Paradise: The abode of righteous souls after death; heaven.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/paradise

But spiritual snobs and assorted cults like to put their own spin on it to try to make believe they know something the rest of us poor slobs don't..Wink
Smileyrius
 
  2  
Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2014 11:28 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
I wouldnt believe everything they teach you in Sunday school Romeo, you know better than that. Could you please use a scriptural basis for your argument? There is no better way to test an inspired expression. After all, we both have reverence for scripture right?
0 Replies
 
neologist
 
  2  
Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2014 11:39 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
You do know that a transliteration of the words we refer to as "garden of eden" is "paradise of. pleasure". So do you believe Adam and Eve actually resided in heaven for a while?


Really makes you think, eh?


Sigh!
0 Replies
 
Romeo Fabulini
 
  1  
Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2014 11:40 am
Quote:
Smileyrius said:@RF- Could you please use a scriptural basis for your argument?

What argument? I never argue, I simply state facts..Smile
"..the Lord's servant must not quarrel, instead, he must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful. Those who oppose him he must gently instruct, in the hope that God will grant them repentance leading them to a knowledge of the truth, and that they will come to their senses and escape from the trap of the devil, who has taken them captive to do his will" (2 Tim 2:23-26)

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/way-madmaxRomeo_zps01ae368c.gif~original
Smileyrius
 
  2  
Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2014 11:58 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
My apologies Romeo, Could you please then provide a scriptural basis for your assertion. Would you please gently instruct me using the bible, which is beneficial for teaching, as to how heaven and paradise are the same.
0 Replies
 
Romeo Fabulini
 
  1  
Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2014 12:21 pm
Quote:
Smileyrius said:@RF- Would you please gently instruct me using the bible, which is beneficial for teaching, as to how heaven and paradise are the same

I'm flattered that you feel you need me to tend your spiritual welfare mate, but remember Jesus said - "You have one teacher, me" (Matt 23:10), so all i can do is pass on what he said.
For example at the last supper he said-
"Father, the hour has come...I am coming to you now" (John 17:1-13)

And we know that God is in heaven ("Our Father, which art in heaven...")
So when Jesus said to the dying man on the cross next to him- “Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.” (Luke 23:43)
we don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to be able to put two and two together to deduce that heaven and paradise are one and the same..Smile

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/heaven-art2_zpscfb950ee.jpg~original
neologist
 
  1  
Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2014 01:20 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Smileyrius wrote:
Could you please use a scriptural basis for your argument?
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
What argument? I never argue, I simply state facts..[Dorkey picture inserted here]
Your asseveration is also considered your 'argument'. So, what is the scriptural basis for your asseveration?
0 Replies
 
neologist
 
  1  
Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2014 01:23 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Since 'paradise' and 'garden' have the same etymological roots, does that mean heaven is a garden? Your picture doesn't look like that. Who floats in a garden?
0 Replies
 
Smileyrius
 
  2  
Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2014 02:22 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Let us not deduce until we examine the whole picture shall we? I merely wish to have a scriptural discussion with in order that we may sharpen the faces of one another.
Quote:
"Father, the hour has come...I am coming to you now" (John 17:1-13)

Try to redact less of the scripture, it may make it more malleable to your expression, however you could without deliberation miss useful points, or even change the meaning. Jesus neither went to heaven that moment, nor did he die that hour. He declared his work on earth to be complete and was ready for the final act in which yes, he would eventually return to heaven to be glorified by his father.

Quote:
So when Jesus said to the dying man on the cross next to him- “Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.” (Luke 23:43)

This is not the first time you have interpreted these words. Let me clarify your position. Were either Jesus or the robber taken to heaven that day?
0 Replies
 
Romeo Fabulini
 
  1  
Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2014 03:28 am
Quote:
Neologist said: Since 'paradise' and 'garden' have the same etymological roots, does that mean heaven is a garden? Your picture doesn't look like that. Who floats in a garden?

Nobody knows what heaven is like except Jesus-
"No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven - me" (John 3:13)

But later Paul hinted he himself may have gone there- "I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven" (2 Cor 12:2)
(Basically the 'third heaven' is the spiritual one where God dwells; the 'first' is our earthly region and the 'second' extends to outer space)

And John also had a glimpse of the third heaven- " At once I was in the Spirit, and there before me was a throne in heaven with someone sitting on it" (Revelation 4:2)

All we know is that heaven/paradise is a nice place and human artists can only guess as to exactly what it's like..Smile
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

 
Copyright © 2021 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.05 seconds on 10/27/2021 at 08:42:13