When do we cease to exist?

Germlat

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2014 06:17 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
You may not know how paganism involves these activities/symbols but most do...educate yourself.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2014 06:26 pm
@Germlat,
Have I outed you as a Jehovah's Witness?
I'm disappointed, I thought you had more sense than to be a cultist (sniffle)
Germlat

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2014 06:29 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Not religious sorry!!! Just pointing out some major malfunctions with your credence.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2014 06:45 pm
@Germlat,
If you think birthday cakes are evil like the JW's do, you must be as nutty as they are..Smile
neologist

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2014 06:51 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
All you need to do is Google the pagan origins of Christmas, Easter, birthdays, and the cross to see why JWs are not the only ones who eschew these.

Now lets get back to the post which inspired your apoplexy:
Quote:
Are you actually saying you don't know what I am referring to?
One of Peter's most endearing traits is his attitude toward correction.

You know. The attitude you lack.

Read Galatians 2:11-21 Signature
I will continue to remind you of this so long as you fill this board with your slants.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2014 06:57 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini, speaking to Germlat wrote:
Have I outed you as a Jehovah's Witness?
I'm disappointed, I thought you had more sense than to be a cultist (sniffle)
Pagan Origins of Birthdays
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2014 07:01 pm
@Germlat,
Being known as a JW . . . . Probably not so bad as being known as a Fabulinist Very Happy
Germlat

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2014 08:00 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
I think your IQ is deficient...but you're funny.
0 Replies

Germlat

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2014 08:00 pm
@neologist,
I'll have to agree with that.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2014 05:35 pm
Christmas, Easter and birthdays may well have had pagan links in the distant past but so what?
Christianity has overwritten them and stamped them into the ground, just as many Christian churches were built on ancient pagan sites to crush them out of existence..Smile
Likewise, to their credit the Jehovah's Witnesses built their meeting halls all over heathen Chief Seattles land to delete his tribes pagan beliefs..Smile
So if people refuse to celebrate christmas, easter and birthdays, they're still in a sense being controlled by those long-dead pagan beliefs!
neologist

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2014 05:45 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
Christmas, Easter and birthdays may well have had pagan links in the distant past but so what?
Christianity has overwritten them and stamped them into the ground, just as many Christian churches were built on ancient pagan sites to crush them out of existence..Smile
Likewise, to their credit the Jehovah's Witnesses built their meeting halls all over heathen Chief Seattles land to delete his tribes pagan beliefs..Smile
So if people refuse to celebrate christmas, easter and birthdays, they're still in a sense being controlled by those long-dead pagan beliefs!
Get up! Romeo! The ref's count is up to five.
Quote:
You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons; you cannot partake of the table of the Lord and the table of demons. ( 1 Corinthians 10:21) New American Standard Bible
Ahhh! Too late !
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2014 06:40 pm
Pagan beliefs are as funny as their idols, even God himself pokes fun at them-

God said- "Like a scarecrow in a melon patch, their idols cannot speak; they must be carried because they cannot walk. Do not fear them; they can do no harm nor can they do any good." (Jeremiah 10:5)

That's why Christians celebrate Jesus' birth (christmas), his victory over death (easter), and the celebration of life (birthdays), they don't care two hoots what pagans did..Smile

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/Scarecrow.gif~original
neologist

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2014 09:34 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
Pagan beliefs are as funny as their idols, even God himself pokes fun at them-

God said- "Like a scarecrow in a melon patch, their idols cannot speak; they must be carried because they cannot walk. Do not fear them; they can do no harm nor can they do any good." (Jeremiah 10:5)
Yes, but the gods of the pagans are responsible for 6000 +/- years of human misery. They hate God and they hate us. If we associate with them, it is as a wife committing adultery
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2014 06:19 am
Quote:
Neologist said: the gods of the pagans are responsible for 6000 +/- years of human misery

They don't exist..Smile
God said-"there is no God apart from me, a righteous God and a Savior;
there is none but me.
Turn to me and be saved, all you ends of the earth;
for I am God, and there is no other" (Isaiah 45:21/22)
neologist

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2014 06:51 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Quote:
Neologist said: the gods of the pagans are responsible for 6000 +/- years of human misery

They don't exist..Smile
God said-"there is no God apart from me, a righteous God and a Savior;
there is none but me.
Turn to me and be saved, all you ends of the earth;
for I am God, and there is no other" (Isaiah 45:21/22)

But there are demons in Satan's arrangement. And when you serve those false gods, you insult the true God.
Cyracuz

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2014 07:44 am
@neologist,
Sentiments such as those expressed in your post have little to do with religion.
It is not possible for a human being to insult God. Anything a human being can do or say or think is sanctioned by God. If it wasn't we wouldn't be able to do or say or think them. But then I don't derive my idea of God from any religion. It comes from my direct experience of living in this world and perceiving how everything is interconnected.

Quote:
the gods of the pagans are responsible for 6000 +/- years of human misery

This seems to imply that you think that before the coming of Christianity, the Christian God didn't exist, and that the pagan gods ruled... Is that the case?
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2014 10:12 am
Quote:
Neologist said: But there are demons in Satan's arrangement. And when you serve those false gods, you insult the true God.

Christians gladly embrace Christmas to celebrate the birth of Jesus.
JW's don't celebrate it at all.
Some people might therefore say the JW's are under demonic control..Wink
neologist

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2014 10:16 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
And. . . .?
What date was chosen for Jesus' Birthday . . . ?
Why was that?
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2014 10:22 am
@neologist,
Who cares about dates and stuff?
The great Christian festival of Christmas celebrates the birth of Jesus and that's all there is to it, nobody cares one iota about heathen pagans.
Christmas belongs to US, not them..Smile
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2014 10:33 am
@Cyracuz,
Cyracuz wrote:
. . . It is not possible for a human being to insult God. Anything a human being can do or say or think is sanctioned by God. If it wasn't we wouldn't be able to do or say or think them. . .
God is not diminished by our transgressions any more than your father would have been when you may have deliberately disobeyed. But that is not the point. We have free will. How would you feel if now you were to demean your father, or if someone else were to demean him? And, if someone else were to falsely accuse him, how would he view those who came to his defense. We are not unlike God in our concept of fairness.
Cyracruz wrote:
This seems to imply that you think that before the coming of Christianity, the Christian God didn't exist, and that the pagan gods ruled... Is that the case?
The true God has not been controlling world affairs ever since the false allegations made against him some 6000 years ago. That time has an end, however.