When do we cease to exist?

neologist

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2014 06:25 pm
@Cyracuz,
We are created in God's image, not according to his appearance, but to his attributes: wisdom, justice, love, to name a few. We also have a certain amount of his power in our posession of free will.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2014 06:28 pm
Quote:
Neologist said to me: I am but the smallest straw in the broom that has come to sweep away your God defaming 'theology'.

Let me guess! You heard "God's voice" telling you to attack me!
I've got news for you mate, it certainly wasn't God's voice you heard..Wink
neologist

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2014 06:34 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Didn't hear a thing, Romeo. Your posts demand correction.

I hold nothing against you personally
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2014 06:38 pm
Quote:
Germlat asked: Doesn't the bible say, "go forth and multiply"?

Yes, but I'm sure he trusted to peoples good commonsense not to overdo it in barren deserts and arctic wildernesses!
Anyway Paul said marriage is fine and that staying single is fine, that's why monks and nuns shut themselves away from the world, and multiplying never crosses their mind!
In fact I never married or had kids myself because I never had the slightest wish to multiply..Smile
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2014 06:39 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

We are created in God's image, not according to his appearance, but to his attributes: wisdom, justice, love, to name a few. We also have a certain amount of his power in our posession of free will.

Not me. I'm created in the image of an amoeba.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2014 06:49 pm
Quote:
Cyracuz said: big bang theory vs biblical creation. 7 days vs 13.7 billion years.

The Bible said long before before Einstein that time is stretchy and elastic, so don't think "human time" is the same as "bible time"-
"With God a thousand years are as one day" (2 Peter 3:8 )

Heck, time can even be STOPPED-
"The sun stopped in the middle of the sky and delayed going down about a full day. There has never been a day like it before or since" (Joshua 10:12-14)

and even REVERSED..Smile-
God said "Behold, I will bring again the shadow of the degrees, which is gone down in the sun dial of Ahaz, ten degrees backward. So the sun returned ten degrees, by which degrees it was gone down" (Isaiah 38:8 )

Maybe ancient Chinese astronomers saw it and said- "Some crazy stuff going on up there!"
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2014 07:01 pm
Quote:
Cyracuz said about a JW woman: If it really is the case that I broke her beliefs I do not count it among my good deeds.

Look at it another way mate, maybe God USED YOU like a guardian angel to open her eyes and save her from the clutches of the satanic JW's..Smile

"Those who oppose him he must gently instruct, in the hope that God will grant them repentance leading them to a knowledge of the truth, and that they will come to their senses and escape from the trap of the devil, who has taken them captive to do his will" (2 Tim 2:26)

"He will command his angels concerning you,
to guard you in all your ways" (Psalm 91:9-11)

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/arms-angelB_zps33689991.jpg~original
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2014 07:12 pm
Quote:
Neologist said to me: Your posts demand correction. I hold nothing against you personally

And I hold nothing against you mate, I regard you as just another poor misguided victim of the JW's!
As for "correcting me", I doubt you're qualified to correct me or anybody else seeing as you've admitted the JW's are imperfect and that you're sometimes wrong..Wink

"I can say truly that JWs are most certainly not perfect" (Neologist 18 Aug 2006)
"I'm no genius..One of my main reasons for posting here is to sharpen my understanding" (Neologist 21 Sep 013)
"When I'm wrong, I fess up to it" (Neologist 21 Sep 013)

No offence, but you've been in the JW's for 40 years and it doesn't seem to have done you a blind bit of good..Wink
neologist

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2014 08:02 pm
@edgarblythe,
And a fine looking critter you are, edgar
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2014 12:58 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
I wrote:
Your posts demand correction. I hold nothing against you personally
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
And I hold nothing against you mate, I regard you as just another poor misguided victim of the JW's!
As for "correcting me", I doubt you're qualified to correct me or anybody else seeing as you've admitted the JW's are imperfect and that you're sometimes wrong. . .
But that is an advantage, you see. It allows me to adjust my steps.
Quote:
.. . the path of the righteous is like the bright morning light
That grows brighter and brighter until full daylight (Proverbs 4:18)
You avoid the light.
Quote:
A blind man cannot guide a blind man, can he? Both will fall into a pit, will they not? (Luke 6:39)
I hope you don't hurt yourself.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2014 07:52 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Quote:
Heck, time can even be STOPPED-
"The sun stopped in the middle of the sky and delayed going down about a full day. There has never been a day like it before or since" (Joshua 10:12-14)

and even REVERSED.

Happens every year at spring equinox.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2014 07:56 am
@neologist,
Quote:
Please explain what you consider to be the difference between the 'OT' and the Jewish Bible.

This wiki article on "Hebrew Bible" should hopefully explain it.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2014 10:08 am
Quote:
Romeo said to Neologist: you've admitted the JW's are imperfect and that you're sometimes wrong.
Neologist said: But that is an advantage, you see. It allows me to adjust my steps.

Mate, you're 70 years old and have been in the JW's for 40 years so it's about time you stopped flip-flopping around by "adjusting your steps" whatever that means!
I don't do "flip flop"..Smile
"..as a Christian,thank God you bear that name....that you may stand firm in all the will of God, mature and fully assured" (1 Peter 4:16, Col 4:12)
neologist

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2014 12:44 pm
@Cyracuz,
Ok, I get it. That is why I set the 'OT' in apostrophes. When I speak with my fellows, I refer to the 'Hebrew Scriptures.' But, since most nominal christians are more familiar with term 'Old Testament', I use it in spite of the fact that it literally refers only to the Hebrew Covenant. Christ quoted freely from the Hebrew Scriptures, suggesting a continuity between the Hebrew and Greek canons.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2014 12:47 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
I don't do "flip flop"..Smile
"..as a Christian,thank God you bear that name....that you may stand firm in all the will of God, mature and fully assured" (1 Peter 4:16, Col 4:12)
Funny you should quote Peter, who on many occasions, performed flip flops.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2014 02:27 pm
Quote:
Neologist said: Funny you should quote Peter, who on many occasions, performed flip flops.

Careful...the naughty step again....
Jesus thought much more highly of him than you do, he called him a "rock"-
"you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church" (Matt 16:18)
neologist

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2014 03:10 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
I never said Peter was not an exemplary Christian. Rather, unlike you, he was willing to be corrected..

Don't trip over that naughty step
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2014 05:03 pm
Quote:
Neologist said: I never said Peter was not an exemplary Christian. Rather, unlike you, he was willing to be corrected..

First you said Peter was a flip-flopper, and now you're saying he was an "exemplary Christian"! Make up your mind!
And I regularly quote Bible verses to back myself up, so if you think the Bible needs correcting you'd better take it up with God when you meet him..Smile
neologist

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2014 05:23 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Are you actually saying you don't know what I am referring to?
One of Peter's most endearing traits is his attitude toward correction.

You know. The attitude you lack.

Read Galatians 2:11-21
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2014 05:37 pm
Quote:
Neologist said: One of Peter's most endearing traits is his attitude toward correction. You know. The attitude you lack.

Mate, you JWs ban Christmas trees, easter eggs, birthday cakes and crucifixes, you think church spires are pagan, you think Jesus was crucified on a stake, and you let each other die for lack of transfusions.
So if anybody needs correcting around here, it's not me..Wink

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/JW-beliefsB_zps2f57a26b.jpg~original