When do we cease to exist?

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2014 10:59 am
Quote:
Neologist said: You, by declining to align yourself with a particular christian sect, must assume responsibility along with all those claiming to be christian.
That would include those who slaughtered their brothers in Rwanda.

Sorry Bobby, I dunno what you're talking about!
By joining a sect and wearing their badge, you sign you free will over to them and let them do their thinking for you. For example-

WIKI- "Jehovah's Witnesses are discouraged from formulating doctrines and "private ideas"..
Adherents are told to have "complete confidence" in the leadership, avoid skepticism about what is taught in the Watch Tower Society's literature, and "not advocate or insist on personal opinions or harbor private ideas when it comes to Bible understanding."
The religion makes no provision for members to criticize or contribute to official teachings and all Witnesses must abide by its doctrines and organizational requirements."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jehovah's_Witnesses

But we free holy men don't need no steenkin badges because we prefer to think for ourselves..Smile
neologist

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2014 11:50 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
. . . But we free holy men don't need no steenkin badges because we prefer to think for ourselves..
Funny. That's the same promise Satan made to Eve.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2014 12:46 pm
@neologist,
Who created god and satan?

HINT: Men of 'religious fervor.'
neologist

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2014 01:01 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
Who created god and satan?
Why do you ask?
Review definitions:
God, personal name Jehovah, meaning "He who causes to become". As creator, he does not need to be created. The idea that God might need a creator is a distortion of our view of causality and time.
Satan, not a name, but a designation meaning 'rebel' or 'resister'. He was created as perfect, then chose to rebel. The idea that God created Satan to be evil is a distortion of what it means to have free will
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2014 01:16 pm
@neologist,
1. How can 'you' reconcile the fact that man is the genesis from the primates and also created in the image of god? a) does god have a penis? b) does god have to eat food and drink water to survive?
2. How can you believe any book that conflicts with science? a) There has never been a world flood. b) This planet is over 4.5 billions yo vs the bible's 6,000 yo.
3. God: "thou shalt not kill." God: Leviticus 20:9 β€œFor every one that curseth his father or his mother shall be surely put to death: he hath cursed his father or his mother; his blood shall be upon him.”

Judges 11:30-40 Jephthah killed his young daughter (his only child) by burning her alive as a burnt sacrifice to the lord for he commanded it.

Psalms 137:8-9 Prayer/song of vengeance β€œ0 daughter of Babylon, who art to be destroyed; happy shall he be that rewardeth thee as thou hast served us. Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.”
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2014 02:15 pm
Quote:
Romeo said about religions and cults: we free holy men don't need no steenkin badges because we prefer to think for ourselves..
Neologist huffed: Funny. That's the same promise Satan made to Eve.

God gave Eve FREE WILL to choose to listen to him or Satan..Smile
Likewise, you choose to listen to your JW big bosses, but I choose to listen to Jesus-
Jesus said:-"You have ONE teacher, ME" (Matt 23:10)

and people quickly cottoned on-
"There is ONE mediator between God and men,- the man Jesus Christ" (1 Tim 2:5)
"Let us fix our eyes on Jesus,the author and finisher of our faith" (Heb 12:2)

and he's easy enough to understand-
"And the common people heard him gladly" (Mark 12:37)

Beats me why some people think they need to join a religion, it won't do them a blind bit of good if they're all going up the spout..Wink

"Work out YOUR OWN salvation.." (Philp 2:12 KJV)
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2014 02:22 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Quote:
Romeo said about religions and cults: we free holy men don't need no steenkin badges because we prefer to think for ourselves..
Neologist huffed: Funny. That's the same promise Satan made to Eve.

God gave Eve FREE WILL to choose to listen to him or Satan..Smile
Likewise, you choose to listen to your JW big bosses, but I choose to listen to Jesus-
Jesus said:-"You have ONE teacher, ME" (Matt 23:10)

and people quickly cottoned on-
"There is ONE mediator between God and men,- the man Jesus Christ" (1 Tim 2:5)
"Let us fix our eyes on Jesus,the author and finisher of our faith" (Heb 12:2)

and he's easy enough to understand-
"And the common people heard him gladly" (Mark 12:37)

Beats me why some people think they need to join a religion, it won't do them a blind bit of good if they're all going up the spout..Wink

"Work out YOUR OWN salvation.." (Philp 2:12 KJV)

What do you want to be "saved" from, Romeo?

The unreasonable fury of that god?
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2014 02:31 pm
Quote:
Frank Apisa said: What do you want to be "saved" from, Romeo?

He's not unreasonable, he's only got a beef with Jesus-rejecters..Smile
(PS- earlier on in a thread I called you a buffoon but I didn't mean it, I only called you it because you called me it first haha)
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2014 02:42 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Quote:
Frank Apisa said: What do you want to be "saved" from, Romeo?

He's not unreasonable, he's only got a beef with Jesus-rejecters..Smile
(PS- earlier on in a thread I called you a buffoon but I didn't mean it, I only called you it because you called me it first haha)

I never took it as a mean comment, Romeo...and I didn't intend my as mean. In fact, I doubt I called you a buffoon...I probably said you WERE ACTING the buffoon.

You've got this shtick that involves some of that stuff...and I never take it as mean-spirited. (I hope Neo doesn't also, although you are very, very rough on him and the JW's.) Wink

But to get back to my question...

...what do you want to be saved from?
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2014 03:03 pm
Quote:
Frank Apisa said to me: you are very, very rough on Neo and the JW's.) But to get back to my question...

Neologist sowed the wind when he said- "Romeo is ignorant, malicious, fable-spinner, talks drivel, a deceiver, racist ,a liar, self-deluded"
so now he's reaping the whirlwind, seems fair enough to me, he was looking for a fight and he came to the right boy..Smile

As for being saved, hell sounds like a nasty place, so when Jesus said he'll save us from it i'm inclined to listen to him..Smile
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2014 03:19 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Quote:
Frank Apisa said to me: you are very, very rough on Neo and the JW's.) But to get back to my question...

Neologist sowed the wind when he said- "Romeo is ignorant, malicious, fable-spinner, talks drivel, a deceiver, racist ,a liar, self-deluded"
so now he's reaping the whirlwind, seems fair enough to me, he was looking for a fight and he came to the right boy..Smile

He really should not have said that...I agree.

But most of what I have read from him seems to be relatively benign compared with some of the stuff I've seen you throw his way.

Be bigger than that!

Quote:
As for being saved, hell sounds like a nasty place, so when Jesus said he'll save us from it i'm inclined to listen to him..Smile

Ahhh...so "hell" is what you want to be saved from.

And...who or what could send you to that place, Romeo...other than that god?

So we are back at square one.
JLNobody

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2014 04:02 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Today, outside a Chinese market, an asian lady evangelist asked me in a strong accent if I am a Christian. I answered that I am a Buddhist. She followed up with "Where do you think you'll spend Eternity?" I feel my answer was correct: "Here and now." I accepted her pamphlet with a smile of course.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2014 04:05 pm
@JLNobody,
JLNobody wrote:

Today, outside a Chinese market, an asian lady evangelist asked me in a strong accent if I am a Christian. I answered that I am a Buddhist. She followed up with "Where do you think you'll spend Eternity?" I feel my answer was correct: "Here and now." I accepted her pamphlet with a smile of course.

I like the answer, JL...and it was nice of you to be gracious to her with the smile. Some people get all out of sorts with that...and there is no need for that to happen.

We all have to work together to make this a better place!
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2014 04:16 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
. . .Neologist sowed the wind when he said- "Romeo is ignorant, malicious, fable-spinner, talks drivel, a deceiver, racist ,a liar, self-deluded"
Methinks I am the only one you have so far met who has completely uncovered your errors. As Johnnie Cochran once said, "If you can't admit, just throw a fit." OK, well, it was something like that. It worked for OJ, maybe it will work for you.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2014 02:04 am
@JLNobody,
This reminds me of one time I was approached on the street by a woman from the Jehovah's Witnesses.
She asked me if she could talk to me for a bit, and held up a pamphlet.
Having nothing better to do, I agreed, under the conditions that if I would listen to her, she would also listen to me. She agreed.

This happened a long time ago, so I don't remember all the details. She spoke of good and evil, showing drawings of war and famine, then of children playing and people gathered in celebration.
She attributed all the bad things to humans, and all the good things to God. It was a rather simple way of looking at things.

Then it was my turn to speak, and she kept her word, listening attentively. I asked her questions about the nature of good and evil. I did the old routine of the contradictions between a perfect god and an imperfect creation. She maintained firmly that God was perfect, and had to admit that if that was the case, God allowed all the bad things. So how could a god that allowed children to starve be a purely good god, I asked her. She was no doubt familiar to all this, and yet I saw the effect my words had. For some reason this particular conversation made an impact on her, and when we parted ways her expression of happy conviction was replaced by a worried frown. I hope she found her happiness again, because I am afraid I might have opened her mind to ideas that were in conflict with her beliefs.

Germlat

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2014 06:12 am
@Cyracuz,
I can see how that could happen with some. My mother became a Christian in her forties, a fanatical one at that. I've seen few people win an argument of any kind with her. She is very intelligent, creative and charismatic individual...the type that can convert a Muslim into Christianity. Did I mention she may be the most arrogant and pushy person you'll ever meet? She doesn't recognize or respect personal boundaries, and yet people are attracted to her like moths to a light.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2014 10:15 am
Quote:
Romeo said: Neologist sowed the wind when he said- "Romeo is ignorant, malicious, fable-spinner, talks drivel, a deceiver, racist ,a liar, self-deluded"
Frank Apisa said: He really should not have said that...I agree.
But most of what I have read from him seems to be relatively benign compared with some of the stuff I've seen you throw his way.
Be bigger than that!

If you check, you'll see that HE always throws the first punch, and I simply hit back-
"The right of self defense is the first law of nature"- St. George Tucker (1752-1827) American lawyer and militiaman

When I came to A2K, Jehovah's Witness Neologist mistakenly assumed I was just another kid who'd wandererd in off the street and that he could commit the sins of slander, judgement and false witness against me like a schoolyard bully.
Little did he know that I'm in my 60's and am a longtime Bible tract-writer for Christian Waymarkers UK , and am an Internet Evangelist and charity worker with a huge following of adoring fans!
However if he now realises he wrongly spoke in haste and apologises, I'd be quite happy to remove him from my Losers List.
The moral?- if you try to bully people it could blow up in your face..Wink

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/Rambo-teasel_zpse1bd4e5f.jpg~original
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2014 10:34 am
Quote:
Germlat said: My mother became a Christian in her forties...she may be the most arrogant and pushy person you'll ever meet..and yet people are attracted to her like moths to a light.

Good for her; she obviously makes people feel good and they want to be around her and soak up her powerful vibes just like when they crowded around Jesus..Smile
"Everybody tried to touch him because power was coming from him" (Luke 6:12-19)
"As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another" (Proverbs 27:17)
"He who walks with the wise grows wise, but a companion of fools suffers harm" (Proverbs 13:20)
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2014 10:39 am
@Cyracuz,
Cyracuz wrote:
. . . She maintained firmly that God was perfect, and had to admit that if that was the case, God allowed all the bad things. So how could a god that allowed children to starve be a purely good god, I asked her. . .
99% of Witnesses would have told you that Satan is the ruler of this system of things and that Jehovah is keeping account until such time as he will set things straight. Though we, as humans, may feel the time is long past for him to act, we are not the ones keeping the clock.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2014 10:39 am
@Cyracuz,
She's unique in that no matter what 'facts and evidence' are presented to those of religion, it doesn't affect their beliefs. For some strange reasons, they're able to rationalize them away. I've seen this phenomenon with my own siblings.