When do we cease to exist?

Germlat

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2014 06:50 am
@justforme23,
I've already discussed that and explained what I think. Go back and read.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2014 10:19 am
Quote:
Neologist said: The soul that sinneth, it shall die.(Ezekiel 18:20)
His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish. (Psalm 146 3,4)
For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.(Ecclesiastes 9:5)

They're OLD Testament quotes mate, when people didn't know any better!
Jesus gave us the NEW Testament and set the record straight once and for all..Smile-
Jesus said -"Whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?"

If you and your Jehovah's Witness chums don't believe him you'll have to argue it out with him when you meet him-
Jesus said:- "All in the graves shall come out, to resurrection or damnation" (John 5:28/29)

So you'd better have your excuses ready!
Jesus said:- "Pray that you will be able to stand before the Son of Man" (Luke 21:36)
neologist

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2014 02:07 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
They're OLD Testament quotes mate, when people didn't know any better!
Jesus gave us the NEW Testament and set the record straight once and for all..:
Well, since the entirety of the OT was to prepare the way for Jesus, where does Jesus say it should be deleted?
neologist

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2014 02:09 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
You will note that I have no dispute with your citations; only with your inability to understand the whole Bible
0 Replies

Germlat

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2014 02:10 pm
@neologist,
I think what he's saying is Jesus changed all the rules...by grace.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2014 02:11 pm
Quote:
Neologist asked: Well, since the entirety of the OT was to prepare the way for Jesus, where does Jesus say it should be deleted?

He left it to our own commonsense which bits we should ignore.
For example Frank "Massa" Apisa is always quoting the Old T verses about allowing slavery; he can go out and get a little black girl to caddy for him and polish his putter if he wants, but I don't think Jesus would be too pleased..Smile
neologist

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2014 02:20 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Really!?!?
I thought you had more spine than that.
Biblical slavery existed for a reason.
I have been over it with Frank many times.
Same with the forcible displacement of the Canaanites.
And not simply, as you are wont to aver, to cleanse the gene pool.

You are truly a piece of work, Romeo.
Germlat

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2014 02:23 pm
@neologist,
Oh...Romeo is fine with cleaning the gene pool...apparently Jesus was Anglo-Saxon in his mind...LOL.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2014 02:31 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Really!?!?
I thought you had more spine than that.
Biblical slavery existed for a reason.
I have been over it with Frank many times.
Same with the forcible displacement of the Canaanites.
And not simply, as you are wont to aver, to cleanse the gene pool.

You are truly a piece of work, Romeo.

"Biblical slavery" existed because the god of the Bible told the Hebrews, during their supposed trek from slavery in Egypt, that they were permitted to own, buy, and sell slaves.

That is why "Biblical slavery" existed.

The question that arises for anyone not terrified of the god is: Why would a GOD...the creator of the entire universe...tell the Hebrews that owning, buying, and selling slaves is permitted (in other words, moral)?

You have offered some fanciful rationalizations, Neo...but they mostly remind me of the rationalization offered by a neophyte JW during a visit to my home. His rationalization was: "Well, somebody had to do the work."

The fellow with him, as I remember it, damn near fainted...and the discussion ended rather soon after that comment.

In any case, "Biblical slavery" almost certainly existed because non-Biblical slavery existed...and the people inventing the god-talk thought there was nothing wrong with it. So they put those words into the mouth of the god they invented.

That'd be my guess.
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2014 02:33 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Quote:
Neologist asked: Well, since the entirety of the OT was to prepare the way for Jesus, where does Jesus say it should be deleted?

He left it to our own commonsense which bits we should ignore.

Okay...where did he say that...or is that something you are just inventing out of thin air?

Quote:
For example Frank "Massa" Apisa is always quoting the Old T verses about allowing slavery; he can go out and get a little black girl to caddy for him and polish his putter if he wants, but I don't think Jesus would be too pleased..Smile

I think slavery is an abomination.

You should also.

Your god should have also.

But you are stuck with it, so you have to rationalize it.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2014 02:38 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I'll get over to a slavery thread as soon as I get to a real computer,
Meanwhile, I'm having fun skewering RF.

He takes to hiding under the bed when it comes to the OT
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2014 02:38 pm
Quote:
Frank Apisa said: I think slavery is an abomination.
You should also. Your god should have also.

Look at it another way mate, God could easily have wiped them out, but because he's not a monster he cut them some slack and said "Let's not waste good manpower, make them do your laundry, housework and cooking instead"
See, he's all heart..Smile
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2014 02:39 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

I'll get over to a slavery thread as soon as I get to a real computer,
Meanwhile, I'm having fun skewering RF.

I realize that last part!
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2014 02:40 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Quote:

Look at it another way mate, God could easily have wiped them out, but because he's not a monster he cut them some slack and said "Let's not waste good manpower, make them do your laundry, housework and cooking instead"

LAUGHING WITH TEARS

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/laughing/crying-with-laughter.gif

0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2014 02:42 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
Quote:

Is it dark under that bed, Romeo?
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2014 03:32 pm
Meanwhile over at the JW's enclosure there's a whole lotta screeching going on..Smile

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/poke-stick_zpsdb5b8454.jpg~original
neologist

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2014 07:09 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
How does it feel there, Romeo?
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/eyes-under-bed_zpsfedb637f.jpg~original
I was wondering where you got the idea to post this picture.
Makes sense now.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2014 09:55 am
@neologist,
Mate, you're the one skulking under the bed, not me!
You seem too shy to admit in your profile that you're a JW, you've never posted a pic of yourself or your house, and you won't even tell us your real name!
By comparison my profile says I'm a 'Freelance Christian', and i've posted pics of me all over this and other forums because we holy men don't do "skulk under bed"..Smile
Here they are again in case you missed them-

My legs-
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/ExIS/mike3.png

My home (circled)-
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/Sutt-myplace.gif~original

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/ExIS/myflatplace.jpg

PS- people tell me i shouldn't really post my location on the net in case some lust-crazed female stalker zeros in on me and abducts me at gunpoint to keep me chained up in her cellar as her slave.
Huh I should be so lucky, that's why I post my location..Smile
neologist

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2014 10:53 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Very few a2kers post their real names. Why should we?
It's for the exchange of ideas that we come here.
All one need do is click the link in my profile to discover my religious affiliation. You, by declining to align yourself with a particular christian sect, must assume responsibility along with all those claiming to be christian.

That would include those who slaughtered their brothers in Rwanda.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2014 10:54 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
PS- people tell me i shouldn't really post my location on the net in case some lust-crazed female stalker zeros in on me and abducts me at gunpoint to keep me chained up in her cellar as her slave.
Huh I should be so lucky, that's why I post my location..Smile
And you wonder why folks don't take you seriously.
0 Replies