When do we cease to exist?

JPLosman0711

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2014 02:32 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
It has been determined from medical research that "death occurs when the brain dies."

Your attempts to belittle brain death only proves you are not familiar with either medical terms or legal terms of death.

Why are you so quick to defend the brains 'right' to 'die'? Why are you so quick to defend these concepts in general?

People only 'become familiar ' with 'medical terms or legal terms of death' so they can sound smart and have some 'thing' to talk about. End of story.
0 Replies

JPLosman0711

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2014 02:33 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
LMAO

Once again no elaboration. Why not bring forth this supposed knowledge you have that I know nothing about?

Why not bring forth what is so humorous to you?
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2014 02:38 pm
@JPLosman0711,
You seem to be doing...and enjoying...so many of the things you feel so negatively towards in others, JP.

What is up with you?

(My way of marking this thread.)
JPLosman0711

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2014 02:42 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
You seem to be doing...and enjoying...so many of the things you feel so negatively towards in others, JP.

What is up with you?

There isn't anyway for you to know about how I 'feel' or what I 'see' negatively in others. This is your pre-existing conclusion which you are using in an attempt to 'build a case' against me.

Stop that, it isn't very becoming.
Germlat

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2014 02:43 pm
@JPLosman0711,
Please enlighten us then. You have yet to share your infallible way of thinking. With you being in the elite .1% and all???please show us the error of our ways.
JPLosman0711

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2014 02:46 pm
@Germlat,
Quote:
Please enlighten us then. You have yet to share your infallible way of thinking. With you being in the elite .1% and all???please show us the error of our ways.

Could you at least get a bit creative with your responses? The above^ has been said to death!

Is my posting not indicative of my thinking? Should I write more? I don't know what you mean when you want me to show you my 'infallible way of thinking' (your pre-supposition, not mine).

Your 'errors' are self-evident but you choose not to see them. There are none so blind as those who will not see.
Germlat

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2014 02:50 pm
@JPLosman0711,
You're still not offering your views...you're simply deflecting...it doesn't take a genius to figure that out. Maybe you have none.
JPLosman0711

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2014 02:53 pm
@Germlat,
Quote:
You're still not offering your views...you're simply deflecting...it doesn't take a genius to figure that out. Maybe you have none.

There are no 'views' for me to offer, part of your problem is you still think you can 'have' a 'view'.

I'm going to end my response here for not wanting to keep repeating myself.
Germlat

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2014 03:03 pm
@JPLosman0711,
Yep, loud and clear. Please don't repeat yourself. You have no views to offer.
JPLosman0711

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2014 03:09 pm
@Germlat,
Quote:
Yep, loud and clear. Please don't repeat yourself. You have no views to offer.

I get the 'feeling' that even if I did have 'views' to offer you (or anyone) or if it was even possible. You wouldn't even 'hear' them because you're just here to read what you call 'opinions' or 'views' and 'compare notes' with your own so you can have a 'conversation'.

It happens all the time, everyday. Most people never really communicate, they just 'compare notes' on their own pre-conceived notions and conclusions, never getting to the heart of the matter.
Germlat

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2014 03:14 pm
@JPLosman0711,
Take a chance and express you're views. Don't be a scared. I won't bite.
JPLosman0711

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2014 03:18 pm
@Germlat,
Quote:
Take a chance and express you're views. Don't be a scared. I won't bite.

Let's pre-suppose that there is such a 'thing' as 'views', and not only that but we'll pre-suppose that people can 'have' them as well.

How could all of which I have already written be seen as anything other than 'views'? What is what I have already expressed if not 'opinions/views'?
Germlat

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2014 03:36 pm
@JPLosman0711,
Well...of course there's such a thing as views...sorry didn't read the rest. This was enough.
JPLosman0711

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2014 03:41 pm
@Germlat,
Quote:
Well...of course there's such a thing as views...sorry didn't read the rest. This was enough.

No, there really isn't. The only reason you keep employing this 'idea' is because you know others will agree with it. It's part of your shelter.
Germlat

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2014 03:50 pm
@JPLosman0711,
Obviously you don't get what constitutes popular. I've never needed that. Maybe you can't fathom another human being embracing the concept....there's many...particularly the Science "types".
JPLosman0711

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2014 03:53 pm
@Germlat,
Quote:
Obviously you don't get what constitutes popular. I've never needed that. Maybe you can't fathom another human being embracing the concept....there's many...particularly the Science "types".

It's not about what's 'popular', it's about constantly re-presenting your 'self' as a concept (thing/explanation).
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2014 02:21 am
@JPLosman0711,
JPLosman0711 wrote:

Quote:

What is up with you?

There isn't anyway for you to know about how I 'feel' or what I 'see' negatively in others. This is your pre-existing conclusion which you are using in an attempt to 'build a case' against me.

Stop that, it isn't very becoming.

My instinct is to ask: It isn't very becoming what?

But I will actually give you some serious consideration for a bit longer:

You stop with the nonsense. There most assuredly is a way for me to suggest how you "feel" or "see" negatively...by reading what you write.

So answer my questions.

Or...don't, as you see fit.

But if you don't...the notion of taking your seriously is gone. You "become" just another person with a preconceived agenda unwilling to actually discuss it, because it is already settled in your mind.

Germlat

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2014 04:32 pm
@JPLosman0711,
Why should one not have some comfort in one 's belief system? After all it's picked, because it resonates with what comes across as truthful. You didn't understand what I was saying concerning what's "popular". It's ironic. Obviously, my views are not the most popular. My life long interest has been Science. You on the other hand haven't been able to describe your infallible philosophy. Of course I live my life according to concepts I believe in..it's called an internal compass...what's yours?
JPLosman0711

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2014 05:26 pm
@Germlat,
Quote:
Why should one not have some comfort in one 's belief system?

Because losing that 'comfort' is the first step to realizing that you don't know what the hell you're talking about. It is necessary in order to do some actual thinking/un-covering.

Quote:
After all it's picked, because it resonates with what comes across as truthful.

I would argue that for most people, what 'comes across as truthful' is only that-which is explainable and 'provable'. For them it only comes down to what they can get people to agree with them about. This is of course fictitious. There has to be a fundamental change in one's thinking/be-ing in order to find what is really truthful.

Quote:
My life long interest has been Science.

Yes, because you're only interested in gathering up a bunch of 'information' that you can spit at a bunch of people so they'll think you're 'smart'.

Quote:
You on the other hand haven't been able to describe your infallible philosophy. Of course I live my life according to concepts I believe in..it's called an internal compass...what's yours?

Blah blahhh blahhhhhhhh. You're not even saying anything here. Just because you can string a bunch of words together that you've heard before doesn't mean you know what the hell you're talking about.

JPLosman0711

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2014 05:30 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
You "become" just another person with a preconceived agenda unwilling to actually discuss it, because it is already settled in your mind.

If you read through some of my posts you'll see that this is precisely the type of people we're dealing with on this forum.