When do we cease to exist?

JPLosman0711

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2014 01:52 pm
@timur,
Quote:
I so infer that there is some other way then.

Do you mind telling us some of those ways?

Gladly, although I suspect you have some sort of 'angle' here and aren't really looking for an answer.

Nonetheless here we go:

You have to start being completely honest, but with your 'self' first. You have to first admit that you don't know what the hell you're talking about and then you start on the holy journey of finding out that you don't know.

There are so many 'things' (explanations) that you're holding onto and are afraid to lose because they are how to relate to others, they keep you 'safe'. You've always used others to help prove your existence and justify the way you're 'living' your life. It's time to stop the nonsense and start taking response-ability for the in-authentic turn which you were initially lead-on and foolishly continue to embark on.

I could go on and on but I'll stop with that 'teaser' to see if you're even 'listening'.
JPLosman0711

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2014 01:53 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
No. I respond to any poster that posts what I deem as bull shyt! kapish?

I have no problem with that.

Now you just need to start responding to your own posts.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2014 01:55 pm
@JPLosman0711,
Good idea, why don't 'you' do that! LOL
My posts are self-explanatory - if you comprehend English.
timur

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2014 02:00 pm
@JPLosman0711,
Well, if your only explanations for the ways of seeking the truth are this childish, I'm going to stop listening to you.

What have you to tell to people that, in matters of life experience, are way beyond such basic (and pointless) suggestions?
JPLosman0711

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2014 02:02 pm
@Germlat,
Quote:
See. This is a problem. You see non-religious folk as sub-human; lacking clarity or a genuine quality of goodness.

I am not religious myself, and do not see anyone who is non-religious as 'sub-human' or any other negative term you want to throw around. I honestly don't know where you got this from. I'm assuming this is the way you feel about your 'self' and are inconsiderately thrusting it on me. Thanks.

Quote:
All you have to do is read history to raise doubt regarding your belief system.

I have no 'belief system'. You're pre-supposing that I do so as to make an argument.

Quote:
Some of the most cruel individuals I have ever known are religious( I don't differentiate).

I have felt the same way at times, but what does it really have to do with you?

Quote:
Yet, you accept all or most scientific knowledge and use it to make your life easier. But somehow-- unless religious, a person is but "meat" to you. How's the one who's ugly dear?

I could care-less about 'scientific knowledge'. Not even for a nanosecond did I ever mention 'religion, science' etc. etc. and yet you're acting like I did. What does that say about you? What does that say about how 'noisy' your listening has become?

You're 'meat' because you insist that all your 'knowledge' only comes from what you know you can get others to agree with. That is your 'safe-zone'. You refuse to allow your be-ing to evolve passed that because it would mean that other people would disassemble the shelter they've built for you.
0 Replies

JPLosman0711

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2014 02:08 pm
@timur,
Quote:
Well, if your only explanations for the ways of seeking the truth are this childish, I'm going to stop listening to you.

Childish? There are 5 and 6 year olds out there who are far 'closer' to truth than you are or probably will ever be (not something I'm hoping for though).

It's pretty 'childish' to reduce what someone has to say with such terms. It also amuses me that you left out exactly what you found 'childish' and why you designated them so.

Quote:
What have you to tell to people that, in matters of life experience, are way beyond such basic (and pointless) suggestions?

Is there anything other than life experience?

Basic and pointless? Being honest with your 'self' and fully thinking through and questioning all of your pre-existing conclusions and pre-suppositions is basic and pointless?

You sir have not even taken step one yet. Get started.

0 Replies

timur

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2014 02:13 pm
JPLoserman wrote:
Is there anything other than life experience?

See?

Can't you think, ponder and find answers inside yourself?
JPLosman0711

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2014 02:15 pm
@timur,
Quote:
See?

Can't you think, ponder and find answers inside yourself?

I have no clue what you're trying to indicate to me.

I get the feeling I'm not the only one, though.
timur

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2014 02:17 pm
@JPLosman0711,
Why would I "listen" to someone who has no clue?
JPLosman0711

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2014 02:18 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
My posts are self-explanatory - if you comprehend English.

I think if you re-read all of your posts and were honest you'd see that there very little to no substance to them. This is your first clue and indication that you are clueless as to what you're talking about.

That's a good thing!
Germlat

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2014 02:20 pm
@JPLosman0711,
I noticed you didn't address my post. My guess is you can't .
JPLosman0711

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2014 02:20 pm
@timur,
Quote:
Why would I "listen" to someone who has no clue?

It is your conclusion that I 'have no clue'. So long as 'that' is there all you're going to 'get' is noise.

You refuse to think through your pre-suppositions and conclusions and therefor 'they' remain. It's OK though, you have plenty of people around you for comfort. You don't dare step outside of their shelter.
0 Replies

timur

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2014 02:22 pm
JPLoserman wrote:
you have plenty of people around you for comfort.

You really have no clue..
JPLosman0711

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2014 02:23 pm
@Germlat,
I'll re-post it here:

@Germlat,
Quote:
See. This is a problem. You see non-religious folk as sub-human; lacking clarity or a genuine quality of goodness.

I am not religious myself, and do not see anyone who is non-religious as 'sub-human' or any other negative term you want to throw around. I honestly don't know where you got this from. I'm assuming this is the way you feel about your 'self' and are inconsiderately thrusting it on me. Thanks.

Quote:
All you have to do is read history to raise doubt regarding your belief system.

I have no 'belief system'. You're pre-supposing that I do so as to make an argument.

Quote:
Some of the most cruel individuals I have ever known are religious( I don't differentiate).

I have felt the same way at times, but what does it really have to do with you?

Quote:
Yet, you accept all or most scientific knowledge and use it to make your life easier. But somehow-- unless religious, a person is but "meat" to you. How's the one who's ugly dear?

I could care-less about 'scientific knowledge'. Not even for a nanosecond did I ever mention 'religion, science' etc. etc. and yet you're acting like I did. What does that say about you? What does that say about how 'noisy' your listening has become?

You're 'meat' because you insist that all your 'knowledge' only comes from what you know you can get others to agree with. That is your 'safe-zone'. You refuse to allow your be-ing to evolve passed that because it would mean that other people would disassemble the shelter they've built for you.

My sentences are in bold
Germlat

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2014 02:25 pm
@JPLosman0711,
If you don't care about scientific knowledge than you have my condolences...what exactly is your "safe zone". I'm not ashamed about mine because it is real instead of imagined.
JPLosman0711

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2014 02:25 pm
@timur,
OK I'll play along.

Care to elaborate? You don't really seem to have much to say (not necessarily a bad thing) on the subject.

All you can say is how childish and clueless I supposedly am but refuse to elaborate any further.

Instead of just pointing out how clueless other people supposedly are why not put forth something from your own 'mind'?

Do you have nothing to contribute?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2014 02:27 pm
@JPLosman0711,
Germlat: Quote:
Quote:
death occurs when the brain dies.

You:
Quote:
When the 'brain' dies? Why are you treating the 'brain' (concept/ mushy stuff inside a skull) as if it had the same 'properties' as what you would call a humna being? I.e. you know humans 'die' (or cease to exist anymore), why do you apply the same 'logic' or 'thinking' to mush inside a human skull?

It has been determined from medical research that "death occurs when the brain dies."

Your attempts to belittle brain death only proves you are not familiar with either medical terms or legal terms of death.

Quote:
Brain death is used as an indicator of legal death in many jurisdictions, but it is defined inconsistently. Various parts of the brain may keep living when others die, and the term "brain death" has been used to refer to various combinations. For example, although a major medical dictionary says that "brain death" is synonymous with "cerebral death" (death of the cerebrum), the US National Library of Medicine Medical Subject Headings (MeSH) system defines brain death as including the brainstem.
JPLosman0711

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2014 02:28 pm
@Germlat,
Quote:
If you don't care about scientific knowledge than you have my condolences...

Did you merely read my first sentence and sprint for the reply button?

How disingenuous of you.

Additionally, have you ever stopped to think why you have such an allegiance to 'scientific knowledge' as well as other things? So would one explode or something for not caring about such concepts?
0 Replies

JPLosman0711

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2014 02:30 pm
@Germlat,
Quote:
what exactly is your "safe zone". I'm not ashamed about mine because it is real instead of imagined.

That's just it! There really is no 'safe zone', it is imagined and sadly is where 99.999999999999999999999999% of people 'live' their lives.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2014 02:31 pm
@JPLosman0711,
You actually wrote,
Quote:
and sadly is where 99.999999999999999999999999% of people 'live' their lives.

LMAO