When do we cease to exist?

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2014 06:01 pm
@JPLosman0711,
JPLosman0711 wrote:

Quote:
You "become" just another person with a preconceived agenda unwilling to actually discuss it, because it is already settled in your mind.

If you read through some of my posts you'll see that this is precisely the type of people we're dealing with on this forum.

Yes...and you are one of them.

I just wonder...why the lectures to the others from you?
Germlat

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2014 06:05 pm
@JPLosman0711,
Lost comfort in illusion long ago. Now I believe in proof. Give a single example of something you believe or I won't be able to take you seriously anymore.
JPLosman0711

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2014 06:13 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:

I continue to surrender to the temptations.
JPLosman0711

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2014 06:16 pm
@Germlat,
Quote:
Now I believe in proof.

I suggest it is because you know you can go around and take that 'proof' and be able to have 'conversations' with it. It's merely another way of falsely identifying your 'self' to keep the masquerade going. Any 'fact' you can present can easily be thought through and shown to be groundless and false. We continue to employ them because that's how we 'play nice'.

Quote:
Give a single example of something you believe or I won't be able to take you seriously anymore.

There are no 'beliefs' to have and therefor of course I do not have any.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2014 06:17 pm
@JPLosman0711,
JPLosman0711 wrote:

Quote:

I continue to surrender to the temptations.

Okay...I get that, JP.

You ought to deal with that, though.

Charges of hypocrisy are not unwarranted.

And since you can see the problem with "preconceived notions" and inflexibility in the face of those preconceived notions...you ought to stay away from them. The others (the ones you lecture) may not even see the problem with that behavior.
JPLosman0711

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2014 06:20 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Okay...I get that, JP.

And since you can see the problem with "preconceived notions" and inflexibility in the face of those preconceived notions...you ought to stay away from them. The others (the ones you lecture) may not even see the problem with that behavior

I have read the above several times and am not exactly sure what you're trying to indicate to me.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2014 03:08 am
@JPLosman0711,
JPLosman0711 wrote:

Quote:
Okay...I get that, JP.

And since you can see the problem with "preconceived notions" and inflexibility in the face of those preconceived notions...you ought to stay away from them. The others (the ones you lecture) may not even see the problem with that behavior

I have read the above several times and am not exactly sure what you're trying to indicate to me.

I am not "trying" to do anything, JL.

I AM actually doing something...namely, telling you that you exhibit the very behavior you seem to find so objectionable in others.

You are a person with a preconceived agenda unwilling to actually discuss it, because it is already settled in your mind…and the theme of your lectures to others here seems to be that you find something objectionable in that type of behavior when you see it in others.

Cyracuz

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2014 07:03 am
@Frank Apisa,
This is actually something a frightening lot of people do. The example that springs to mind is religious people who want to restrict other people and dictate what they can and cannot do based on their own faith, but as soon as someone criticizes that faith they turn around and become all indignant and oppressed...

Most people have double standards.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2014 07:09 am
Quote:
JPLosman said: There are no 'beliefs' to have and therefor of course I do not have any.

But you believe there are no beliefs, so there's a belief you have right there..Wink
JPLosman0711

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2014 08:22 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
you exhibit the very behavior you seem to find so objectionable in others.

This 'exhibiting' that you're finding is what YOU'RE doing. It has nothing to do with me, I'm just tapping a keyboard. The 'exhibiting' comes in YOUR thinking.

Quote:
You are a person with a preconceived agenda unwilling to actually discuss it, because it is already settled in your mind…and the theme of your lectures to others here seems to be that you find something objectionable in that type of behavior when you see it in others.

Once again, you know nothing of my thinking/be-ing.

Do you have anything to contribute to this 'conversation' (LOL) or are you only capable of coming back at me with personal attacks?

I am 99.9999999% sure of the answer already, here's hoping you take the less popular 'route'.

Dig deep.
JPLosman0711

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2014 08:24 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Quote:
But you believe there are no beliefs, so there's a belief you have right there..Wink

No. I actually know (as do you) there are no such 'things' as 'beliefs', and you certainly can't 'have' them.
neologist

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2014 09:59 am
@JPLosman0711,
RF wrote:
JPLosman0711 wrote:
No. I actually know (as do you) there are no such 'things' as 'beliefs', and you certainly can't 'have' them.
I believe you are mistaken
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2014 10:08 am
@JPLosman0711,
JPLosman0711 wrote:

Quote:
you exhibit the very behavior you seem to find so objectionable in others.

This 'exhibiting' that you're finding is what YOU'RE doing. It has nothing to do with me, I'm just tapping a keyboard. The 'exhibiting' comes in YOUR thinking.

No, JL...it comes from the words you are typing and sharing. Very much, I might add, like the words others type and share that you scold about.

Quote:
Quote:

Once again, you know nothing of my thinking/be-ing.

I can assess what you write and share...and address what you write and share. Just, I might add, as you are assessing and addressing what others write and share.

Quote:
Do you have anything to contribute to this 'conversation' (LOL) or are you only capable of coming back at me with personal attacks?

I have not made a personal attack...and you accusing me of doing so is actually a personal attack. I am trying to understand why you are being a scold toward people doing what you do regularly.

I suspect it is as Cyracuz said above...just the normal acting out that occurs in these Internet forums.

Quote:
I am 99.9999999% sure of the answer already, here's hoping you take the less popular 'route'.

Dig deep.

Deal with what I have already asked, JP. You are not going to squirm out of the problem you've made for yourself here by diverting this way.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2014 10:09 am
@JPLosman0711,
JPLosman0711 wrote:

Quote:

How do you KNOW there are no such things as "beliefs?"
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2014 10:11 am
@JPLosman0711,
Quote:
There has to be a fundamental change in one's thinking/be-ing in order to find what is really truthful.

Truthful in contrast to what?
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2014 10:12 am
@Cyracuz,
Cyracuz wrote:

Quote:
There has to be a fundamental change in one's thinking/be-ing in order to find what is really truthful.

Truthful in contrast to what?

Sounds to me like a tenet in a religion he is building.
Cyracuz

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2014 11:29 am
@Frank Apisa,
Ah, building religions. Something most of us run the risk of doing as soon as we string two thoughts together. The more abstract the thoughts, the greater the risk of creating a belief system that will influence further thinking. I've done it myself many times, and probably will again. It is a good thing I am aware that I am full of ****, or I might start thinking I'm better than you all... Smile
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2014 11:45 am
Quote:
Romeo said: But you believe there are no beliefs, so there's a belief you have right there.
JPLosman replied: No. I actually know (as do you) there are no such 'things' as 'beliefs', and you certainly can't 'have' them.

What 'beliefs' are you talking about, religious beliefs?
Jesus was solid flesh and blood wasn't he, not a belief?
JPLosman0711

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2014 12:17 pm
@Frank Apisa,
You are not worth my time.
Germlat

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2014 12:21 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
I don't think this person knows exactly.Wink
0 Replies