Would it be weird if i took him up on his offer?

Reply Sat 1 Feb, 2014 02:23 am
So I worked with this guy almost 2 years ago, i was 16, he was 22. After getting to know each other he asked me out to get a drink. When i told him how old i was he said that "we're talking about quite the age gap". He said that when I turn 18 he will take me to get a beer. (we live in Quebec where the legal drinking age is 18) we haven't really talked much since then, only to wish each other a happy birthday and the odd casual conversation going along with it. I don't know if I should take him up on his offer he made 2 years ago because im not sure he even remembers. Should i ask him out for a beer after i turn 18, or do you think he'll remember?

*do you think he'll still remember?*
*would it be weird if i asked him?*
*do you think the reason why he wanted to wait for me to turn 18 is because he has other motives?*
I would like as many opinions as possible
Thanks !
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 823 • Replies: 5
No top replies

roger

Reply Sat 1 Feb, 2014 02:28 am
@KaylynnQ,
If he's not wrapped up with someone else, he will remember.

Not weird at all. Just walk up and say, "Hey, I'm 18."

Probably a legal consideration, but he may have all kind of motives. If you're worried about that, stay away from him. And all other young men, too.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Sat 1 Feb, 2014 02:36 am
@KaylynnQ,
KaylynnQ wrote:
*do you think he'll still remember?*

Quite possibly.

Quote:
*would it be weird if i asked him?*

No.

Quote:
*do you think the reason why he wanted to wait for me to turn 18 is because he has other motives?*

He may, or may not, have a number of different motives, possibly simultaneously: he likes you, he finds you attractive, he wants to have an affair with you, he wants to jump on your bones. We don't know him. You do.

You haven't said anything about your "motives". If your intention is just to keep it light, have a drink, be friends as two adults, etc, then you would make sure that is all that happens. If you want (or are ready for) more than that, then that is possible too. Welcome to the adult world.

0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sat 1 Feb, 2014 08:10 am
@KaylynnQ,
He respected the age difference 2 years ago. That is admirable.

Why don't you ask him out for coffee anyway? You really don't know him and you should not begin your relationship with alcohol involved.

Good luck.
0 Replies

rachel5272

Reply Sat 1 Feb, 2014 11:18 pm
@KaylynnQ,
I don't think it would be weird at all. If he really had other motives for you back then he wouldn't say let's wait until your older. Can't hurt to just ask and see what happens.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Sun 2 Feb, 2014 04:14 pm
Ask him. You won't know if you don't ask.

0 Replies