Mon 27 Apr, 2015 07:51 am
@Patches,
Well, there you go with another claim, sans evidence... Wink
Patches

Mon 27 Apr, 2015 08:19 am
@FBM,
Quote:
Well, there you go with another claim, sans evidence
If you don't mind. This is a Christian forum. A discussion about the Trinity. Evidence is not required. You can take your nonsense elsewhere.
0 Replies

FBM

Mon 27 Apr, 2015 08:26 am
@Smileyrius,
Patches, maybe the OP is a little less blindly adoring of your alleged god than you think...

Smileyrius wrote:

One of the more reknowned in a series of triune God theories throughout the history of religion is that of christianity, following the story according to scripture, this is the best understanding I could come up with

So God asked himself to go to earth to save mankind. Then he agreed with himself and volunteered himself to himself to offer himself. Then God impregnated a woman as himself, with himself. God prayed to himself and glorified himself repeatedly. God strengthened himself and talked to himself. Finally God forsook himself and sacrificed himself to prove his loyalty to himself. While dead he resurrected himself so he could exalt himself above himself. Then he sat at his own right hand and waited till he placed his enemies as a footstool Finally with Satan's forces defeated God would turn his kingdom over to himself That all things would become everything to himself.

I never understood it in Sunday school, and remain nonplussed to date, How do you make sense of it?

Based on this OP, I think a healthy degree of skepticism is right in order here... Wink
Patches

Mon 27 Apr, 2015 08:46 am
@FBM,
Ok, fine. Out of due respect for the OP and his thread, I'll let it go.
0 Replies

neologist

Mon 27 Apr, 2015 08:56 am
@FBM,
FBM wrote:
To be fair, he did provide evidence. He merely misapplied it.

Er. . .

Worse, actually.
Patches

Mon 27 Apr, 2015 09:34 am
@neologist,
Quote:

Er. . .

Worse, actually.
Jesus taught the Trinity. Not only do you not believe the Lord words about it. You do not even believe your own Church about it.
0 Replies

Smileyrius

Mon 27 Apr, 2015 11:29 am
@Patches,
Quote:
1 John 5:7

You may have heard of the Comma Johanneum debate, due to the valid scepticism around the text, I am afraid this one is a no go for me my friend.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comma_Johanneum

Do you have more scriptures?
Patches

Mon 27 Apr, 2015 01:52 pm
@Smileyrius,
Quote:
Do you have more scriptures?
I have the big book of CATECHISM of the CATHOLIC CHURCH.

From the Glossary -

TRINITY: The mystery of one God in three Persons: Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit. The revealed truth of the Holy Trinity is at the very root of the Church's living faith as expressed in the Creed. The mystery of the Trinity in itself is inaccessible to the human mind and is the object of faith only because it was revealed by Jesus Christ, the divine Son of the eternal Father.
Smileyrius

Mon 27 Apr, 2015 02:34 pm
@Patches,
I'd much sooner see what appears to be a bible independant teaching using well translated scriptures used in correct context my friend.
The Big book of caterpillars of the catholic church doesn't really hold much authority with me. I tend to be more of a bible purist if you like Smile
0 Replies

neologist

Mon 27 Apr, 2015 03:03 pm
@Patches,
You do know the trinity doctrine slithered into nominal christianity at about 325 CE, and was a part of Constantine's attempt to bring pagan beliefs into the Roman accord.

All along, of course, the trinty had been a thriving pagan abomination.
0 Replies

FBM

Mon 27 Apr, 2015 07:11 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

FBM wrote:

Er. . .

Worse, actually.

Again, scripture isn't the evidence. Scripture is the claim. We're still looking for evidence that any god that might or might not be triune even exists. Until that demand is met, we may as well be arguing over the number of angels that can dance on the head of a pin.
0 Replies

MadJW

Sun 30 Dec, 2018 03:29 pm
@Smileyrius,
Bwahahahahahahahaha!
Just BRILLIANT....except you refer to 'Onness'.
Using "They" instead of "Himself" would more accurately paint their Dogmuck!

http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee380/theMadJW/Triune%20Polytheism/CalvinReasaoningTrinityemail.png
0 Replies

Jewels Vern

Thu 3 Jan, 2019 01:33 pm
@Smileyrius,
"following the story according to scripture"

There is nothing in your post that is according to scripture. Even people who believe that bullsnot acknowledge that it is not mentioned in the bible. If we could just get Christians to read their bibles, all this baloney would be forgotten. Because it's not in there.
0 Replies

Lucian Hodoboc

Sun 13 Jan, 2019 06:34 am
@Smileyrius,
A Triune God that communicates with Himself seems too absurd to you, but the fact that we are conscious pieces of flesh wrapped around bones, with fecal matter in the middle of our bodies, and have aspirations to build societies according to arbitrary opinions that the strongest of us impose upon the weakest, doesn't?
0 Replies

NO-NAME

Wed 16 Jan, 2019 04:13 am
People fighting over this 3 in 1 thing all the time not knowing nether one is right. And fighting over what a book is oooor isn't telling them to do
0 Replies

peacecrusader888

Sat 18 Jan, 2020 07:33 am
If you were to believe in a god, be sure that He us the true God. How do we know the true God? Very easy, plain and simple. Not only is He omnipotent (He can make Himself into three) and omnipresent (He is in all His creations), He is also omniscient (knowing everything, including what happened in the past and what will happen in the future).
chai2

Sat 18 Jan, 2020 08:25 am
@peacecrusader888,
But I can easily make something like that up in my mind, and it won't be real.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Sat 18 Jan, 2020 09:24 am
Funny that it didn’t even exist as a concept until 300+ years after JC left the building.

Speaking of, where did Smiley go?
peacecrusader888

Sat 18 Jan, 2020 06:38 pm
To chai2,

I assure you that I did not make it up in my mind. As I was writing down about the true God, I was led to chapter 43 of Isaiah until chapter 48.
chai2

Sat 18 Jan, 2020 07:18 pm
@peacecrusader888,
That's not what I said and you know it. Stop playing dumb. I don't suffer fools gladly.

Anyone can make up anything in their minds and say it is real.

Some people made some crap up, and now millions of people believe it with no evidence.

Your "proof" of being "led" to some particular page in a book is like saying my proof of pink unicorns is my being led to watch My Little Pony.

0 Replies