FBM

2  
Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2015 07:51 am
@Patches,
Well, there you go with another claim, sans evidence... Wink
Patches

-1  
Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2015 08:19 am
@FBM,
Well, there you go with another claim, sans evidence
If you don't mind. This is a Christian forum. A discussion about the Trinity. Evidence is not required. You can take your nonsense elsewhere.

FBM

3  
Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2015 08:26 am
@Smileyrius,
Patches, maybe the OP is a little less blindly adoring of your alleged god than you think...

Smileyrius wrote:

One of the more reknowned in a series of triune God theories throughout the history of religion is that of christianity, following the story according to scripture, this is the best understanding I could come up with

So God asked himself to go to earth to save mankind. Then he agreed with himself and volunteered himself to himself to offer himself. Then God impregnated a woman as himself, with himself. God prayed to himself and glorified himself repeatedly. God strengthened himself and talked to himself. Finally God forsook himself and sacrificed himself to prove his loyalty to himself. While dead he resurrected himself so he could exalt himself above himself. Then he sat at his own right hand and waited till he placed his enemies as a footstool Finally with Satan's forces defeated God would turn his kingdom over to himself That all things would become everything to himself.

I never understood it in Sunday school, and remain nonplussed to date, How do you make sense of it?

Based on this OP, I think a healthy degree of skepticism is right in order here... Wink
Patches

1  
Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2015 08:46 am
@FBM,
Ok, fine. Out of due respect for the OP and his thread, I'll let it go.

neologist

1  
Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2015 08:56 am
@FBM,
FBM wrote:
To be fair, he did provide evidence. He merely misapplied it.

Er. . .

Worse, actually.
Patches

1  
Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2015 09:34 am
@neologist,

Er. . .

Worse, actually.
Jesus taught the Trinity. Not only do you not believe the Lord words about it. You do not even believe your own Church about it.

Smileyrius

2  
Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2015 11:29 am
@Patches,
1 John 5:7

You may have heard of the Comma Johanneum debate, due to the valid scepticism around the text, I am afraid this one is a no go for me my friend.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comma_Johanneum

Do you have more scriptures?
Patches

0  
Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2015 01:52 pm
@Smileyrius,
Do you have more scriptures?
I have the big book of CATECHISM of the CATHOLIC CHURCH.

From the Glossary -

TRINITY: The mystery of one God in three Persons: Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit. The revealed truth of the Holy Trinity is at the very root of the Church's living faith as expressed in the Creed. The mystery of the Trinity in itself is inaccessible to the human mind and is the object of faith only because it was revealed by Jesus Christ, the divine Son of the eternal Father.
Smileyrius

2  
Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2015 02:34 pm
@Patches,
I'd much sooner see what appears to be a bible independant teaching using well translated scriptures used in correct context my friend.
The Big book of caterpillars of the catholic church doesn't really hold much authority with me. I tend to be more of a bible purist if you like Smile

neologist

1  
Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2015 03:03 pm
@Patches,
You do know the trinity doctrine slithered into nominal christianity at about 325 CE, and was a part of Constantine's attempt to bring pagan beliefs into the Roman accord.

All along, of course, the trinty had been a thriving pagan abomination.

FBM

1  
Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2015 07:11 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

FBM wrote:

Er. . .

Worse, actually.

Again, scripture isn't the evidence. Scripture is the claim. We're still looking for evidence that any god that might or might not be triune even exists. Until that demand is met, we may as well be arguing over the number of angels that can dance on the head of a pin.

MadJW

-3  
Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2018 03:29 pm
@Smileyrius,
Bwahahahahahahahaha!
Just BRILLIANT....except you refer to 'Onness'.
Using "They" instead of "Himself" would more accurately paint their Dogmuck!

http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee380/theMadJW/Triune%20Polytheism/CalvinReasaoningTrinityemail.png

Jewels Vern

0  
Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2019 01:33 pm
@Smileyrius,
"following the story according to scripture"

There is nothing in your post that is according to scripture. Even people who believe that bullsnot acknowledge that it is not mentioned in the bible. If we could just get Christians to read their bibles, all this baloney would be forgotten. Because it's not in there.

Lucian Hodoboc

-2  
Reply Sun 13 Jan, 2019 06:34 am
@Smileyrius,
A Triune God that communicates with Himself seems too absurd to you, but the fact that we are conscious pieces of flesh wrapped around bones, with fecal matter in the middle of our bodies, and have aspirations to build societies according to arbitrary opinions that the strongest of us impose upon the weakest, doesn't?

NO-NAME

1  
Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2019 04:13 am
People fighting over this 3 in 1 thing all the time not knowing nether one is right. And fighting over what a book is oooor isn't telling them to do