peacecrusader888

Wed 22 Jan, 2020 04:52 am
There is one president like there is a true God. The others are false gods.
izzythepush

Wed 22 Jan, 2020 05:28 am
@peacecrusader888,
That's a terrible analogy. There's loads of presidents out there. America isn't the only republic on Earth.
0 Replies

peacecrusader888

Wed 22 Jan, 2020 05:54 am
to izzythepush,
That s a good analogy. Name a country with more than one president.
izzythepush

Wed 22 Jan, 2020 06:26 am
@peacecrusader888,
I can name a planet with more than one, Earth.

It's a lousy analogy.
izzythepush

Wed 22 Jan, 2020 06:29 am
@izzythepush,
And I can name a country, Bosnia.

Quote:
Although many countries have a president and a prime minister, Bosnia-Herzegovina has three presidents at the same time. The Bosnian-Herzegovinan presidency consists of three members, one Bosnian, one Croat and one Serb, and they serve together for four years. The presidents are all elected by direct popular vote, with the Bosnian and Croatian presidents elected from the Federation of Bosnia-Herzegovina and the Serbian president chosen from the Republika Srpska, the other political entity in Bosnia-Herzegonia. These three presidents take turns serving as the chairman of the presidency in eight-month rotations, during which time the chairman serves the head of state. In addition to all the presidents, both Bosnia-Herzegovina and the Republika Srpska also have a vice president and a prime minister.

https://www.wisegeek.com/do-any-countries-have-more-than-one-president.htm

Apparently Andorra is pretty weird too.

Before making grandiose pronouncements check your facts first. This wasn't hard to find out.

It a terrible analogy and getting worse by the hour.
0 Replies

peacecrusader888

Fri 14 Feb, 2020 05:23 pm
Which among religions made God into three - God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit?
izzythepush

Sat 15 Feb, 2020 04:28 am
@peacecrusader888,
Judaism, Christianity and Islam.

Father, Son and Holy Ghost.

It certainly wasn't the Sikhs.

https://i.redd.it/8hlnptt1g3c31.jpg
peacecrusader888

Sat 15 Feb, 2020 07:02 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Judaism, Christianity and Islam.

Father, Son and Holy Ghost.

It certainly wasn't the Sikhs.

Thank you, izzythepush, for the information. How does the Sikh treat the Son?
I know Islam does treat Jesus as a prominent being. There is only God the Father or God Himself.
Leadfoot

Sat 15 Feb, 2020 07:24 am
@peacecrusader888,
Can’t believe you let that one go.
In Islam, They’d string you up for 'the Trinity'.

So are you pro or con?
izzythepush

Sat 15 Feb, 2020 11:20 am
@peacecrusader888,
Sikhism comes from a totally different tradition, it's not Abrahamic. If you want to find out more you can google. Gurdwaras are very welcoming places, you get a feed afterwards. I've been a couple of times as a guest of friends, but not for a very long time.
peacecrusader888

Sun 16 Feb, 2020 07:24 pm
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
Can’t believe you let that one go.
In Islam, They’d string you up for 'the Trinity'.

So are you pro or con?

I am a pro Trinitarian. How does Islam "string you up for 'the Trinity''?'
0 Replies

peacecrusader888

Sun 16 Feb, 2020 07:33 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Sikhism comes from a totally different tradition, it's not Abrahamic. If you want to find out more you can google. Gurdwaras are very welcoming places, you get a feed afterwards. I've been a couple of times as a guest of friends, but not for a very long time.

What do you mean by Abrahamic? Do all the Abrahamic religions believe in the Trinity?
izzythepush

Mon 17 Feb, 2020 01:56 am
@peacecrusader888,
peacecrusader888 wrote:

What do you mean by Abrahamic?

This is basic. How on Earth can you preach on the Spirit of Ama being Christ when you don't know nuts and bolts stuff like that?

Abrahamic means religions that come down from the line of Abraham. The bloke in The Bible who was prepared to sacrifice his son to God before God let him off. That kicked off Judaism, Christianity and Islam.

Sikhism comes from Hinduism, it's a completely different source/religion.

As all Christians don't believe in the Trinity I doubt all Muslims and Jews do either.
0 Replies

peacecrusader888

Mon 17 Feb, 2020 06:18 pm
The Holy Trinity is not a mystery anymore
The spirit of Ama and I had a conversation about the Trinity. This is how it went:
Aristeo Fernando: Ama, what is the meaning of Jesus Christ sitting at the right hand of God?
Ama: To His right.
Aristeo: Is that to His right?
Ama: Yes.
Aristeo: Aren't they only one? Jesus Christ, He is that God. Why will He say to His right?
Ama: Right. Right. Because there is God the Father.
Aristeo: Isn't God the Father, He is also Jesus Christ?
Ama: Good. That is right. But they were made into three: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. It is only one but they were made into three.
Aristeo: Ama, You are that God the Holy Spirit, aren't You? You are also Jesus whose spirit lived in the physical body of what we call Jesus Christ. Is that correct?
Ama: Good. For example, you, your child said "Daddy, please buy me a dress." Then your daughter said, "Daddy, please buy me a dress." You don't have sufficient money to buy for the two. You will ask yourself, who will you buy immediately? Who is that? Question. Isn't it that it is you yourself? Who did you ask? Isn't it that it is you yourself? Who said that it is that child you have to buy immediately? Isn't it that it is you yourself? Then you are three.
The one who decided is God the Father. The one who asked the question, God the Son. The Holy Spirit, who is it? That is the answer. You are three but you are only one.
(For Filipinos, this conversation is at http://aristean.org/transcript006.htm titled "Paliwanag tungkol sa Trinity".) (From 1999-04-25)
laughoutlood

Mon 17 Feb, 2020 07:11 pm
@peacecrusader888,
No other way outa here
Said Pinoy's prophet man
Wednesday we will war
Believe it if you can

Turning drivel into whine
Can you dig this pit
The sky daddy is undressed
We're having none of it

No trinity's ever cited
Jesus through Ama spoke
There are many here among us
Able to know it's all a joke

But you and I, we've seen through that
And this is not our fate
So let us not talk falsely now
That Armageddon's late

All among the watchtower
Gullards form a queue
Proselytisers come and go
God-botherers do

Outside- in, reality
Logic throws in the towel
While others are reproaching
The laughter begins to howl

0 Replies

Leadfoot

Tue 18 Feb, 2020 07:36 am
@peacecrusader888,
So you come by the 'Trinity' and that Jesus IS God on the authority of Ama instead of the Nicean council like all the others.

I want you to notice that you were blatantly Leading the Witness in your interrogation of Ama. Why was that?
izzythepush

Tue 18 Feb, 2020 08:03 am
@Leadfoot,
The choice of the Spratley Islands is important. I had to look them up and I wouldn't be surprised if most people had to.

This is a message for the locals, because they're the only ones who will pay attention when they hear of the Spratley Islands.

This makes the Spirit of Ama sound more like a cult leader than anything else.
Leadfoot

Tue 18 Feb, 2020 08:19 am
@izzythepush,
A cult is absolutely what we are dealing with. But I can’t very well use that as a criticism of them. I am a theist but I took the affirmative side on the debate question of:

Is Christianity a cult?

If you look up the accepted characteristics that define a cult, Christianity (as modeled in the Bible) fits very well. The only reason most religious people don’t seem cult-like is because they either don’t really believe the Biblical model or at best, are following the book's advice to 'if possible, live at peace with all men.'
peacecrusader888

Wed 19 Feb, 2020 04:58 am
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
A cult is absolutely what we are dealing with. But I can’t very well use that as a criticism of them. I am a theist but I took the affirmative side on the debate question of:

Is Christianity a cult?

If you look up the accepted characteristics that define a cult, Christianity (as modeled in the Bible) fits very well. The only reason most religious people don’t seem cult-like is because they either don’t really believe the Biblical model or at best, are following the book's advice to 'if possible, live at peace with all men."

Christianity started as a cult led by Jesus Christ. Look at some 120 people have grown to about a billion souls now.
Leadfoot

Wed 19 Feb, 2020 05:22 am
@peacecrusader888,
Quote:
Christianity started as a cult led by Jesus Christ. Look at some 120 people have grown to about a billion souls now.

Yes, exactly. With a devotion that requires them to value the 'cult' even more than their friends, family or even their earthly lives. Much like the 'Heaven's Gate' and Jim Jones cults.

But even Jesus Christ expected us to understand what he meant by “There is none good but God.” Christians rarely 'get' hyperbole.