izzythepush

Wed 26 Jan, 2022 09:58 am
@Frank Apisa,
Assuming Jesus existed all we have are third and fourth hand accounts of what he did and only a fraction of them are canonical.

Lots of oral stories about Jesus in the ME today as well as the Dead Sea Scrolls and Gnostic Gospels.
theMadOne

Thu 27 Jan, 2022 09:25 am
@saab,
A theologian?
He's PAID to twist the scriptures!
izzythepush

Thu 27 Jan, 2022 09:39 am
@theMadOne,
Saab is no longer with us.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Thu 27 Jan, 2022 09:40 am
@theMadOne,
Quote:
A theologian's answers shouldn't be trusted.
Why not listen to Jesus?

And have to figure out how all of them fit reality?
Mad, that’s ask'n a lot.
But then so did he.
bulmabriefs144

Thu 27 Jan, 2022 01:54 pm
@Leadfoot,
Someone should tell TheMadOne that in fact it is the job of a theologian to sit and analyze religious ideas.

Theo = God
Logia = sayings

theMadOne

Thu 27 Jan, 2022 05:11 pm
@bulmabriefs144,
Oh just Bwahahahahahahahahahaahaha!
The Anointed

Thu 27 Jan, 2022 06:19 pm
@theMadOne,
Quote:
Bwahahahahahahahahahaahaha!

Would someone please get rid of that goat, it sounds like its throat has been cut.
0 Replies

The Anointed

Thu 27 Jan, 2022 06:33 pm
@bulmabriefs144,
Quote:
Someone should tell TheMadOne that in fact it is the job of a theologian to sit and analyze religious ideas.

And what a mess most of them make of it.

https://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/3839434/jewish/Moses-Strikes-the-Rock-The-Full-Story.htm#:~:text=Moses%20Strikes%20the%20Rock%3A%20The%20Full%20Story%20The,G%E2%80%91d%20%E2%80%99s%20name%20and%20strikes%20the%20rock%20instead.

In the link supplied, are many different Jewish theologians ideas of why Moses and Aaron were forbidden entry into the promised land.

The most popular idea of the Christian theologians, is that Moses struck the rock twice instead of once in order to bring out the water .

But that's not what the scriptures reveal, and that's the reason that I reject many of the theologians false ideas.
bulmabriefs144

Thu 27 Jan, 2022 07:44 pm
@The Anointed,
You just have your own false ideas.

The Bible tells us that God said, "Strike the rock." Moses struck the rock. Then God told him later that he should have only touched or spoken to the rock.

Quote:
Ex. 17:6 “Behold, I will stand before you there on the rock at Horeb; and you shall strike the rock, and water will come out of it, that the people may drink.” And Moses did so in the sight of the elders of Israel.

What have we learned, class?
The Anointed

Thu 27 Jan, 2022 09:14 pm
@bulmabriefs144,
Quote:
What have we learned, class?

We have learned that you haven't got a clue as to why God forbade Moses and Aaron to ever enter the promised land.
bulmabriefs144

Thu 27 Jan, 2022 11:14 pm
@The Anointed,
Nope.

We have learned that the Bible is an inspired work, not a consistent literal work, and that the many writers of the Bible necessarily disagreed on points. Which is why Judges tells us over and over again how "There was no king in those days, and everyone did what was right in his own eyes." Basically pro-royalist propaganda. However, other passages set us straight how terrible kings are, and how the people begged God for a king, and after explaining that the king taxes people of their grains and such, steals their best women, and sends their sons off to war, God allowed them to have a king anyway.

We also learned that God is somewhat capricious and has a sort of hive personality of his people. Lastly, we learned that it is often not good enough to simply attempt to behave God's commands since we can never measure up, and God is able to change his mind.

I was hoping you'd draw these conclusions on your own, but it seems not.
The Anointed

Fri 28 Jan, 2022 03:14 am
@bulmabriefs144,
Quote:
We have learned that the Bible is an inspired work, not a consistent literal work, and that the many writers of the Bible necessarily disagreed on points. Which is why Judges tells us over and over again how "There was no king in those days, and everyone did what was right in his own eyes." Basically pro-royalist propaganda. However, other passages set us straight how terrible kings are, and how the people begged God for a king, and after explaining that the king taxes people of their grains and such, steals their best women, and sends their sons off to war, God allowed them to have a king anyway.

We also learned that God is somewhat capricious and has a sort of hive personality of his people. Lastly, we learned that it is often not good enough to simply attempt to behave God's commands since we can never measure up, and God is able to change his mind.

I was hoping you'd draw these conclusions on your own, but it seems not.

What a pity that you have never learned why Aaron and Moses were denied entry into the promised Kingdom.
0 Replies

theMadOne

Fri 28 Jan, 2022 05:33 am
When one trusts others (especially ones who have been paid) to believe the Bible, that where Religion hold sway.
0 Replies

theMadOne

Fri 28 Jan, 2022 05:34 am
When one trusts others (especially ones who have been paid) to believe the Bible, that's where Religion hold it's ugly sway.
The Anointed

Fri 28 Jan, 2022 05:55 am
@theMadOne,
I've got a mate who suffers from Alzheimer’s disease, and like you he continually repeats himself.
bobsal u1553115

Fri 28 Jan, 2022 09:58 am
@The Anointed,
Isn't that you, builder?
theMadOne

Fri 28 Jan, 2022 02:34 pm
OOOOO! An insult from one who 'believes in Christ'.

Yawn
theMadOne

Fri 28 Jan, 2022 02:36 pm
You cannot repeat the words of Christ to insinuate that a Trinity exists.
So why take the words of a 'Theologian" serious?
0 Replies

The Anointed

Fri 28 Jan, 2022 07:45 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
Isn't that you, builder?

Nope! that isn't me, and my name's not 'Builder'.
0 Replies

The Anointed

Fri 28 Jan, 2022 07:55 pm
@theMadOne,
Quote:
OOOOO! An insult from one who 'believes in Christ'.

Yep! I believe in Christ, who called the Jewish authorities of his day, hypocrites, Vipers, Serpentine sons of Satan, and liars, and asked that we who believe in Him, should also imitate him, and not take any crap from those who would attack the words of our Heavenly Father.
0 Replies