Shocked
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 5,377 • Replies: 62
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2002 09:42 am
Yeah, i'm at work . . . an' i get paid a salary, so my remuneration is performance based, not based on hourly attendance . . . i put in the eight hours because i also answer the telephone, but if i finish my tasks, my time is otherwise my own. Specifically, i came in on a day that everyone else in my company has off, because there is work to be done.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2002 09:44 am
A reminder that the Toronto office will close at noon today.

Happy Holidays!

as they've moved the buffet table to right immediately in front of my desk, i'm more than a bit distracted by all the visitors
0 Replies

Sugar

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2002 09:47 am
I'm at work. It takes an act of the gods to work less then 9 hours here. One of the VPs comes around and takes 'attendance' at various times of the day to make sure he's getting every drop of a person's soul. All this and they still complain if you actually go to lunch - I try to make it one Friday a month, not worth the hassle.

ppppbbbtttthhhh
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2002 09:58 am
Yep - it's boring. Breakfast food flying with people who brought their kids to work and I'm yapping here until I can leave (in approx. one hour) so I can duke it out with women in shopping malls. I'm hoping to get a black eye or two in before I have to go home.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2002 10:00 am
Ah, a true manly man . . . real men save christmas shopping until Dec. 24th, it's in the manual, you know . . .
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2002 10:03 am
Yup! No one else is here (it's actually kinda spooky...). Gettin' lots of other stuffs done too!
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2002 10:16 am
Manly Man? LOL Setanta, you do know I'm not a man, right? If I were, I don't think I would get away with giving other women black eyes!!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2002 10:17 am
hehehehehehehe
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2002 10:20 am
It must be my avatar - a woman drinking a pint of Guinness, no! surely not?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2002 10:21 am
a shapely glass - of course yer a woman!
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2002 10:26 am
Hmmm? Yes, you're right - I've got it ALL up top! Or I would if I didn't have so much bottom as well!
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2002 10:27 am
And men can't keep their hands off me!
Cripes, I better not get started here - I've got to go and fight the masses.
Later ... have an excellent Christmas ... I am putting the boxing gloves on and venturing forth. Wish me luck!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2002 10:28 am
Good luck, Heeven - don't hurt anyone.
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2002 11:45 am
It just occured to me that this poll would bomb because of the holiday...then I read the postings. I guess some folks do work on Christmas Eve.
CHEERS...
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2002 01:30 pm
Heh, I'm at work but then this is my job. :-D

So I get to goof off by workin'.

I think when Heeven returns she should start a double-entendres thread re suggestive things to say about drinking. But only if she wants to, no pressure.
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2002 01:36 pm
In most cases I participate in the forums here in my free time. Only sometimes I use a break time at my work to make some brief responses. But this comes on expense of time I can use for having lunch. But I learnt to eat very fast during the primary training in the Soviet military in 1981, and I have not yet lost this skill.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2002 02:22 pm
Not only did I have to go to work today, I had to do work today..which is just the punishment I get for actually being a contributing factor to society, and in Management...humph. Blah, and oh yeah..being the last one to leave, and to find out Im the only one there Thursday and Friday running two business that are basically Retail....oh yeah...joy to the freakin world man.
Shouldda been goofin off dangit all!
Home now..cuz, surprise surprise...I got to leave early...woo freakin hoo ha.
Actually..it should be nice, and it is nice to be home...so Ill take that joy and revel in it whilst its here.
Most of the time, no I dont get to goof off and check in here or on email...when I do though....I do.
Glad to see I wasnt alone in my ventures today, and hope all are on their way to happier times as well.
0 Replies

Mustang

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2002 03:20 pm
Yep--I'm at work. Have been most of the day. That's because I have a home office and could really sit here in my underwear if I wanted. Run a small business from home and put in my hours when I want to. But--if the projects aren't turned out in time or enough finished, the income suffers. But, hey, today's Christmas Eve, I can goof around moreso than usual! Laughing
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2002 03:29 pm
Payroll is done and I'm outta here.
0 Replies