Think he had an affair....need help

Kygirl

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2014 08:28 am
What would be the most likely case???.....a man, out of desperation,
contacts a previous "married female coworker" after 3 years of no contact (she no longer works with him). Because his wife still believes that he had an affair with her for 2 years and he wont admit it. So he contacts this woman out if the blue (without mentioning it to the wife) and tells her that his wife thinks they had an affair and if she or "her husband"?? (His wife met them both on several occasions) could talk to his wife and reaffirm that nothing went on?
1) he did cheat with coworker and still trying to cover it up.
2)he didnt cheat with coworker, thought she and her husband might help.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,011 • Replies: 3
No top replies

jespah

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2014 08:34 am
@Kygirl,
... or you could ask your husband and get the real scoop.

Are you asking us to validate your suspicions? We have no idea. You haven't given enough information. Maybe it's completely innocent.

Consider a case in point. I am a woman and have worked with men in every single job I have ever had. I have kept in touch with some of them. I don't tell my husband about every single little PM or email that passes between me and these guys. Why? Because I'm not cheating on him. Why doesn't my husband get jealous and think I'm hiding something? Because he trusts me and knows I'm not cheating on him.

So unless you've got some other reason to suspect him, other than contact, it's more likely to be the latter. But ask! What the hell.

Oh, and another thing. If there's no other evidence of misbehavior, then I suggest counseling, so that you can figure out why you're suspicious of someone who doesn't deserve it. A life full of unjustified jealousy is horrible for the person being accused, and can drive them away, thereby becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2014 08:36 am
@Kygirl,
If that is your husband you're writing about, how could we advise you? If there's no trust, then how can you expect anyone here to help you? You have choices:
1.Ask him and trust what he has to say
or
2. find counseling
or
3. find a lawyer.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2014 08:58 am
"and tells her that his wife thinks they had an affair"

Well, do you? And are you constantly bringing this up, even after 3 years?

Maybe he wants to put this at rest so you will be quiet about it.

Other than that, I can't come up with any reason why he would even connect with her again.
0 Replies