Destroy My Belief System, Please!

Frank Apisa

Fri 9 May, 2014 08:08 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

It's about none of that. The concept of reality is rather simple to define and I agree with Frank on this. Testing is impossible on this internet forum though. Participants can decide to be honest, or be dishonest to the bone. There lies part of the problem. Another side of it is Frank's lack of interest in his own thoughts. He doesn't care much. All he cares for is having some hedonist pastime at our expense.

Right.

I am accused of beating this horse to death in "post after post"...and then of lacking interest in it.

And you claim that I am being contradictory!

Send in the clowns:

http://www.smiley-lol.com/smiley/humour-blague/clown-jonglerie/vil2-joke.gif

http://www.smiley-lol.com/smiley/humour-blague/clown-jonglerie/vil2_joker3.gif
Frank Apisa

Fri 9 May, 2014 08:09 am
@Frank Apisa,
Gotta go take my elderly aunts to get their hair done.

I'll be back.

I know you will too, Olivier!
Wink
0 Replies

Olivier5

Fri 9 May, 2014 08:12 am
@Frank Apisa,
And you'll keep saying nothing.
Frank Apisa

Fri 9 May, 2014 08:52 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

And you'll keep saying nothing.

I say plenty. You apparently are not able to comprehend it.

Anyway...just left the aunts at their hairdresser. They will call me when they are beautiful. One is 87, the other is 94; my mother’s sisters. Both are always beautiful to me.

And as I thought, you are still here…like a never-out-of-sight toy my cats play with.

I don’t know the true nature of the REALITY of existence, Olivier.

I just do not know what really IS.

It may all be an illusion of one mind. The thing I refer to as "I" may be just a part of it...or the thing I refer to as "I" may be all there is. Or, the REALITY of existence may be what the naïve realists think it is...or it may be something so different that humans cannot even come up with the concept.

I just do not know the true nature of the REALITY of existence.

Why do you have so much trouble with that, Olivier?

Why does that threaten your existence as much as it seems to?

Olivier5

Fri 9 May, 2014 09:34 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:

I have absolutely no problem with you acknowledging your lack of knowledge, Frank... I agree that you know very little about reality / ultimate reality / the true nature of ultimate reality / the true nature of the reality of existence / and/or the ultimate natural truth of existence's reality. I just wish you knew what you were talking about a bit better.
Frank Apisa

Fri 9 May, 2014 09:41 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Quote:

I have absolutely no problem with you acknowledging your lack of knowledge, Frank... I agree that you know very little about reality / ultimate reality / the true nature of ultimate reality / the true nature of the reality of existence / and/or the ultimate natural truth of existence's reality. I just wish you knew what you were talking about a bit better.

Clever, but over-done. Brevity, Olivier, works better.

Anyway, I do know what I am talking about...and perhaps you need to look at your unwillingness to understand what I am saying...and try to figure out what there is about understanding what I am saying that threatens you so.

In any case, you now agree there is nothing you dispute when I say "I do not know the true nature of the REALITY of existence. "

Terrific.

cicerone imposter

Fri 9 May, 2014 09:43 am
@Olivier5,
Why is frankie boy so stubborn that he can't see his own contradictions?

He wrote,
Quote:
(I) do....not know the true nature of the REALITY of existence,
but I'm sure I'm always right in my guesses on every issue that I have participated in on a2k. That gives me the right to insult everybody as unknowing of what they speak. I'm the true massiah of knowledge and know-it-all; trust me!
JLNobody

Fri 9 May, 2014 09:44 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank, surprised me with his excellent summary of much of what I've been saying:
"It may all be an illusion of one mind. The thing I refer to as "I" may be just a part of it...or the thing I refer to as "I" may be all there is. Or, the REALITY of existence may be what the naïve realists think it is...or it may be something so different that humans cannot even come up with the concept."

This is excellent: "I" am BOTH nothing (i.e., No-mind/Mushin) and everything (Atman equals Brahma).
And, epistemologically, Reality is BOTH the experience of naive realists and more than what we are neurologically capable of grasping conceptually.

Happy mother's day.
Olivier5

Fri 9 May, 2014 09:46 am
@Frank Apisa,
I always agreed with you about your lack of knowledge, Frank. I just find funny that, in spite of knowing nothing about reality, you'd still talk about it like you knew something about it...
cicerone imposter

Fri 9 May, 2014 09:47 am
@JLNobody,
That's a contradiction. Something can't be everything and nothing at the same time. You either perceive it or you don't.
Frank Apisa

Fri 9 May, 2014 10:07 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Why is frankie boy so stubborn that he can't see his own contradictions?

He wrote,
Quote:
(I) do....not know the true nature of the REALITY of existence,
but I'm sure I'm always right in my guesses on every issue that I have participated in on a2k. That gives me the right to insult everybody as unknowing of what they speak. I'm the true massiah of knowledge and know-it-all; trust me!

Hey, ci...just stopping by to tell me you are ignoring me again.

What a laugh!
Wink
Frank Apisa

Fri 9 May, 2014 10:08 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

I always agreed with you about your lack of knowledge, Frank. I just find funny that, in spite of knowing nothing about reality, you'd still talk about it like you knew something about it...

Jeez...you just agreed that I am correct when I say I do not know the true nature of the REALITY of existence.

Do you?
Frank Apisa

Fri 9 May, 2014 10:11 am
@JLNobody,
JLNobody wrote:

Frank, surprised me with his excellent summary of much of what I've been saying:
"It may all be an illusion of one mind. The thing I refer to as "I" may be just a part of it...or the thing I refer to as "I" may be all there is. Or, the REALITY of existence may be what the naïve realists think it is...or it may be something so different that humans cannot even come up with the concept."

This is excellent: "I" am BOTH nothing (i.e., No-mind/Mushin) and everything (Atman equals Brahma).
And, epistemologically, Reality is BOTH the experience of naive realists and more than what we are neurologically capable of grasping conceptually.

Happy mother's day.

Thanks for the comment, JL...and Happy Mother's Day back atcha! Wink .

0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Fri 9 May, 2014 10:22 am
@Frank Apisa,
I asked you to show me any place where there's a law against peeking into people who are on the Ignore list? Can you?

It's called "freedom of speech." Some things provided by our Constitution.

I can peek into any one's posts that I put on Ignore - freely. Get used to it. I enjoy making you look more foolish than you already have yourself.

Why worry since you've already said you're smarter than me, and more honest.

EVERYBODY ON A2K KNOWS THAT ABOUT YOU! YOUR SMARTER AND MORE HONEST THAN EVERYBODY ELSE!

LOL
Olivier5

Fri 9 May, 2014 10:27 am
@Frank Apisa,
Yes, and that's the only thing you know. So stop commenting on anything else. Including your birth certificate. You don't know if you didn't invent it.
Frank Apisa

Fri 9 May, 2014 10:29 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

I asked you to show me any place where there's a law against peeking into people who are on the Ignore list? Can you?

Sounds like something a third grader would ask.

No there is no law against it.

But only a child would go through all the nonsense you do with your "ignore" speeches...and then read what you are supposedly ignoring.

Actually, that figures in your case.

Quote:
It's called "freedom of speech." Some things provided by our Constitution.

Actually, I would call it a silly person acting even sillier than a normal silly person. But I don't want to quibble.

Quote:
I can peek into any one's posts that I put on Ignore - freely. Get used to it. I enjoy making you look more foolish than you already have yourself.

I would have guessed that you enjoy making yourself look foolish...because you are so good at that.

Quote:

Why worry since you've already said you're smarter than me, and more honest.

EVERYBODY ON A2K KNOWS THAT ABOUT YOU! YOUR SMARTER AND MORE HONEST THAN EVERYBODY ELSE!

LOL

One does not have to be smarter than everybody on A2K to be smarter than you, ci. Not by a long shot.

So...why not brag that you are putting me on ignore so I can catch a really good laugh!

Send in the clowns:

http://www.smiley-lol.com/smiley/humour-blague/clown-jonglerie/vil2-joke.gif

http://www.smiley-lol.com/smiley/humour-blague/clown-jonglerie/vil2_joker3.gif

0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Fri 9 May, 2014 10:32 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Yes, and that's the only thing you know. So stop commenting on anything else. Including your birth certificate. You don't know if you didn't invent it.

Aha...back for more, huh?

Using the qualifier...I can logically say that I know the name on my birth certificate is Frank Apisa.

Why does that threaten your peace of mind so much, Olivier?

What is there about that thought that scares you the way it does?

C'mon. Talk to me about it. Maybe together, we can help you!
Wink
Olivier5

Fri 9 May, 2014 10:42 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Using the qualifier...I can logically say that I know the name on my birth certificate is Frank Apisa.

You can of course say it but you can't be certain of it. It could be the birth certificate of somebody else, it could be an illusion, it could be that you are dreaming it all... You qualifier is just a pacifier, allowing you to forget about your doubts for a time.
cicerone imposter

Fri 9 May, 2014 10:52 am
@Olivier5,
It seems frankie boy continues to contradict himself when he claims he doesn't understand reality. He also seems to understand a bit of logic.....when he says,
Quote:
I know the name on my birth certificate is Frank Apisa
LOL

0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Fri 9 May, 2014 10:54 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Quote:

You can of course say it but you can't be certain of it.

With the qualifier...it is totally logical. Sorry you cannot see it.

With the qualifier I can also logically say that Paris is the capital of France...and that I am typing on the keyboard at my desk.

Quote:
It could be the birth certificate of somebody else, it could be an illusion, it could be that you are dreaming it all... You qualifier is just a pacifier, allowing you to forget about your doubts for a time.

Nope...you just are unable to get it.

But...that is your problem.

No contradiction...and no loss of logic at all.

What you have to be dealing with...and what you should be spending more time with...is why you allow me to upset you as much as you do.

Why are you so bothered with what I say...that it causes you and that shadow of yours to spend so much time trying to knock down what I am saying...when it is not possible for you to do so?

That is what you should be dealing with. Wink