Olivier5

Thu 8 May, 2014 06:11 pm
@JLNobody,
Good one :-)

0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Thu 8 May, 2014 06:14 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I don't read 90% of y0ur bull shyt; it saves me a lot of time. LOL There's no law against peeking in once-in-awhile to check if you've learned anything, but you never do.

If there's any law against peeking in on Ignore posters, please let me know. Drunk Drunk Drunk Drunk
cicerone imposter

Thu 8 May, 2014 06:16 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Your intelligence is no longer in question; you have proven you are not capable of knowing anything about your own contradictions.

You don't know about reality, but you are damn sure about your position on almost every forum you post on. You also insult most of the people who dare to question your opinion.

You are a damn fool.
Frank Apisa

Thu 8 May, 2014 06:41 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

I don't read 90% of y0ur bull shyt; it saves me a lot of time. LOL There's no law against peeking in once-in-awhile to check if you've learned anything, but you never do.

If there's any law against peeking in on Ignore posters, please let me know. Drunk Drunk Drunk Drunk

Yeah...you mouth off about putting people on IGNORE...and then read all their posts. It is part of your phoniness.

I have one person on IGNORE...JTT...and have never even had an urge to "peek in"...which is how a six year old would handle things.

No law against it...and no law against little kids shouting nah, nah, nah, nah...nah.

0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Thu 8 May, 2014 06:46 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Your intelligence is no longer in question; you have proven you are not capable of knowing anything about your own contradictions.

Oh give it a break, ci. You made a couple of childish mistakes...and I called it to your attention.

Quote:
You don't know about reality, but you are damn sure about your position on almost every forum you post on.

Actually, I am not...and mention that I am not sure most of the time. A hell of a lot more than you do....that's for sure.

Quote:
You also insult most of the people who dare to question your opinion.

Read your insulting posts, ci. You call almost everyone who disagrees with you stupid or ignorant. And you are not terribly bright yourself. I do not even come close to as many insults as you dish out regularly.

Quote:
You are a damn fool.

If there is a fool in this discussion we are having, ci...I am not that fool.

But I am happy you finally dropped that laughable "I am ignoring you" facade. It was making me sick from laughing so much. Wink

0 Replies

Olivier5

Thu 8 May, 2014 07:10 pm
Hey Frank, I looked up your "qualifier", and I don't see how it helps you reconcile your knowing persona with your unknowing one.
cicerone imposter

Thu 8 May, 2014 07:13 pm
@Olivier5,
That's because he's not sure of reality, but knows quite a few things even if they are guesses most of the time.
fresco

Fri 9 May, 2014 12:03 am
I see you guys are still wrestling ! Very Happy

Look....think about the subject of the OP..."belief system".

There are 3 levels to this.
1. Take the meaning of the word "reality" to be an agreed concept and evaluate "beliefs" against it
2. Take the meaning of the word "reality" to be up for grabs in which case you are argue about comparative beliefs in what it is...with little chance of resolution because you have no agreed test criterion.
3. Take the meaning of "reality" to be a function of the context of its usage. (This is not "a belief" in itself but an established tenet of pragmatism). This level tends to eliminate metaphysical discussion of "the nature of reality" and looks at everyday usage such as "She believes she can cook but in reality she has no idea"

I suggest that the wrestling is due to confusion between these levels.
Frank Apisa

Fri 9 May, 2014 03:57 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Hey Frank, I looked up your "qualifier", and I don't see how it helps you reconcile your knowing persona with your unknowing one.

I am not responsible for your inabilities in that area.

If you honestly want to discuss this part of the problem...just point out what you see as inconsistent and contradictory in the two statements you offered as contradictory and we can discuss it.

If, as seems much more likely, you just want to question my intelligence and writing prowess...continue to do that.

Whichever makes you happier.

I am going to enjoy the exchange no matter which you choose.
Frank Apisa

Fri 9 May, 2014 03:59 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

That's because he's not sure of reality, but knows quite a few things even if they are guesses most of the time.

I know of things; I guess lots of things...but most of all I acknowledge that I do not know the true nature of the REALITY of existence.

Oh, I know I do not say I am ignoring someone when I am not...because only a fool would do that. /b]
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Fri 9 May, 2014 04:05 am
@fresco,
fresco wrote:

I see you guys are still wrestling ! Very Happy

Look....think about the subject of the OP..."belief system".

There are 3 levels to this.
1. Take the meaning of the word "reality" to be an agreed concept and evaluate "beliefs" against it
2. Take the meaning of the word "reality" to be up for grabs in which case you are argue about comparative beliefs in what it is...with little chance of resolution because you have no agreed test criterion.
3. Take the meaning of "reality" to be a function of the context of its usage. (This is not "a belief" in itself but an established tenet of pragmatism). This level tends to eliminate metaphysical discussion of "the nature of reality" and looks at everyday usage such as "She believes she can cook but in reality she has no idea"

I suggest that the wrestling is due to confusion between these levels.

Thank you for that, Fresco.

But the "wrestling" as you put it, is NOT about the OP at all...nor about the misunderstanding and confusion you suppose exists between Olivier and me.

The OP has long since been forgotten, even though I reminded Olivier that we should be keeping it in mind.

Mostly the wrestling is about Olivier telling me how incompetent I am...questioning my intelligence, my writing and comprehension abilities...and declaring great victories over someone he considers barely worthwhile. Read what is going on...you will see that I am correct in that.

But I appreciate your comments.

0 Replies

Olivier5

Fri 9 May, 2014 07:24 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
If you honestly want to discuss this part of the problem...just point out what you see as inconsistent and contradictory in the two statements you offered as contradictory and we can discuss it.

Been there, done that, it didn't work. You didn't see them, remember? When you honestly want to see them, go back to that post of mine.

I just thought I'd tell you you "qualifier" does not qualify much and won't help you reconcile your two halves. It's just a fig leaf for your contradictions. You have failed to articulate a coherent view of knowledge. I suspect you don;t really care anyway. You're pulling all this out of your behind as you go along. Fair enough: you're all about pretending that you can think.

Anyway, I trust I answered your questions about my ability to know things to your satisfaction. I know stuff because I accept a number of "mind axioms" that allow one to build a conventional but operational philosophy. Included in those axioms are a belief in logic, time, the world, our senses, and the mind.

Your philosophy is not operational. It's only useful to wank off on A2K, but apart from that, what else can you do with it? I guess you can't even talk to
your wife about it; she'd thought you are crazy. Which of course you are in the sense that your worldview about knowledge is schizophrenic. No big deal. You're too old to die of it.

Glad this is all cleared up now.
Frank Apisa

Fri 9 May, 2014 07:27 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Quote:

Been there, done that, it didn't work. You didn't see them, remember? When you honestly want to see them, go back to that post of mine.

I just thought I'd tell you you "qualifier" does not qualify much and won't help you reconcile your two halves. It's just a fig leaf for your contradictions. You have failed to articulate a coherent view of knowledge. I suspect you don;t really care anyway. You're pulling all this out of your behind as you go along. Fair enough: you're all about pretending that you can think.

Anyway, I trust I answered your questions about my ability to know things to your satisfaction. I know stuff because I accept a number of "mind axioms" that allow one to build a conventional but operational philosophy. Included in those axioms are a belief in logic, time, the world, our senses, and the mind.

Your philosophy is not operational. It's only useful to wank off on A2K, but apart from that, what else can you do with it? I guess you can't even talk to
your wife about it; she'd thought you are crazy. Which of course you are in the sense that your worldview about knowledge is schizophrenic. No big deal. You're too old to die of it.

Glad this is all cleared up now.

Don't forget to declare victory before running away!

Although I am almost positive I will continue to have you as a foil for as long as I want.

Olivier5

Fri 9 May, 2014 07:30 am
@Frank Apisa,
I have done so already... Don't forget to do the same!
Frank Apisa

Fri 9 May, 2014 07:41 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

I have done so already... Don't forget to do the same!

You claim I am not worth any attention on your part...and that nothing I say deserves a reply.

I say I am interested in what you have to say...and I want the discussion to continue.

And here we are...still going at it!

You will be here for as long as I want you...and you will address me and what I say directly or by saying it to a surrogate.

There is much more to victory than claiming it, Olivier.

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/laughing/crying-with-laughter.gif
Olivier5

Fri 9 May, 2014 07:57 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
I say I am interested in what you have to say...and I want the discussion to continue.

By all means, keep talking. I have described my position clearly and unambiguously, which is more than you can say. You got catch up to do, boy!
Frank Apisa

Fri 9 May, 2014 08:05 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Quote:

By all means, keep talking. I have described my position clearly and unambiguously, which is more than you can say. You got catch up to do, boy!

Like I said...despite your protestations that I have nothing worthwhile to say...and nothing worthy of reply...

...you will be right here for me to toy with when I want.

Thanks again for a declaration of victory. They get funnier as they get more numerous.

And the added element of patting yourself on the back is something from the gods of the Internet. You are a pleasure to have as a foil. Wink

Olivier5

Fri 9 May, 2014 08:05 am
@fresco,
It's about none of that. The concept of reality is rather simple to define and I agree with Frank on this. Testing is impossible on this internet forum though. Participants can decide to be honest, or be dishonest to the bone. There lies part of the problem. Another side of it is Frank's lack of interest in his own thoughts. He doesn't care much. All he cares for is having some hedonist pastime at our expense.