Destroy My Belief System, Please!

Frank Apisa

Mon 5 May, 2014 01:56 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Frankie-boy, you're on Ignore. Mr. Green Idea Idea Idea

Your posts only proves how egotistical you are. Nobody really cares.

Oh, my aching sides! IGNORE!

Oh, the humor is just too much!

Laughing Laughing
And you care...and show you do all the time.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Mon 5 May, 2014 01:58 pm
Alright!

Now I've got both of them going!

I knew I could do it.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTJklPUDxQJeZPWmVus5xX1qBBbuFiMD7nLBjbZtqUwF-Kw-Ldr
0 Replies

Olivier5

Mon 5 May, 2014 02:32 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Thanks for proving my point: you are unable to remember any of the things I said.

You technique to stay alive on this board has basically to NOT ENGAGE in conversation. To ratiocinate forever with your own mental obsessions, ignoring what others say. QED.
Frank Apisa

Mon 5 May, 2014 02:45 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Thanks for proving my point: you are unable to remember any of the things I said.

You do have a very strange idea of proof. But that figures...since you have all sorts of strange ideas.

You see this as a battle, Olivier. It the heat of it getting to you.
Wink

Quote:
You technique to stay alive on this board has basically to NOT ENGAGE in conversation.

Good grief, man...I am having all sorts of conversations. Have you not been paying attention.

As for "staying alive on this board"...I have been posting here and at the predecessor board, Abuzz, since 2000/2001.

How long have you been here?

Quote:

To ratiocinate forever with your own mental obsessions, ignoring what others say. QED.

You may look over my threads...and read the conversations I have had with people who truly want conversation.

You want confrontation...and I am merely accommodating you. XYZ!

http://www.smiley-lol.com/smiley/humour-blague/clown-jonglerie/vil2_joker3.gif

0 Replies

Olivier5

Mon 5 May, 2014 03:13 pm
@Frank Apisa,
In all modesty, you have been imitating me for months... :-) And as far as conversations are concerned, yours tend to be confrontational and boring to death, and mine interesting and topical, as you have once noted yourself.

The secret is: I pay some attention to what other posters are telling me.

You go back to your fascinating discussions with those mysterious A2K posters (names?) who still are under the illusion that you can understand what they say.
Frank Apisa

Mon 5 May, 2014 03:39 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

In all modesty, you have been imitating me for months... :-)

Not a shot, Olivier...but once again, nice try.

Quote:
And as far as conversations are concerned, yours tend to be confrontational and boring to death, and mine interesting and topical, as you have once noted yourself.

Yours are interesting and topical...except when you are trying desperately to deal with me.

Mine are often interesting and topical also...but you do not have the courage or intellectual honesty to acknowledge that.

Quote:
The secret is: I pay some attention to what other posters are telling me.

No secret there...I pay strict attention to what other posters post. That is why I quote so often when I post replies...which you do not do. I suspect that is because you do not really pay attention.

Quote:
You go back to your fascinating discussions with those mysterious A2K posters (names?) who still are under the illusion that you can understand what they say.

If you think there are none...think it. You also think a contest is under way. The delusions are all yours, Olivier. And I think almost all of the dishonesty here is on you also.

Wink Wink
Olivier5

Mon 5 May, 2014 03:44 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Mine are often interesting and topical also.

Thanks for the laugh... :-) Do you mean the one about not being able to know **** about ultimate reality, or the other one where you wrongly guess that you don't do guess?... Fascinating issues to explore, tautology after tautology, platitude after platitude... Have fun!
Frank Apisa

Mon 5 May, 2014 04:16 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Quote:
Mine are often interesting and topical also.

Thanks for the laugh... :-) Do you mean the one about not being able to know **** about ultimate reality, or the other one where you wrongly guess that you don't do guess?... Fascinating issues to explore, tautology after tautology, platitude after platitude... Have fun!

Sorry you feel the need to elevate yourself by lowering others, Olivier. Ultimately...it doesn't work.

I have had many, many decent and meaningful conversations over the many years.

How long have you been here to be such an expert on what I do or do not do?

I wish there were a nice way to say this (I would if there were) but the more you post, the more sure I am that you are a phony.

Hey, doesn't make you a bad person. And there IS the laugh factor.

So...since you show so much contempt for my acknowledgement that I do not know much, if anything, about the ultimate REALITY...tell us in serious conversion, Olivier...

...what do YOU know about the ultimate REALITY?

Olivier5

Mon 5 May, 2014 04:44 pm
@Frank Apisa,
LOL. Define "ultimate".
cicerone imposter

Mon 5 May, 2014 04:46 pm
@Olivier5,
Frank is "unable to know **** about ultimate reality," but he's sure everybody else is wrong about many issues. Frank is blessed with the ultimate truth about everything. He's told us that more than a hundred times..... His put-downs are his SOP to prove he's right.
Frank Apisa

Mon 5 May, 2014 06:56 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

LOL. Define "ultimate".

Define it yourself.
Frank Apisa

Mon 5 May, 2014 06:58 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Frank is "unable to know **** about ultimate reality," but he's sure everybody else is wrong about many issues. Frank is blessed with the ultimate truth about everything. He's told us that more than a hundred times..... His put-downs are his SOP to prove he's right.

Still paying lots of attention to me, ci. Ahhh...I understand you need. Poor little guy...who has to put people down in damn near every post. And the laughable pretense that you ignore people.

Laughable.

0 Replies

Olivier5

Mon 5 May, 2014 07:18 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Come on Frank, a bit of courage! You launched this topic. In a fit of temerity, you chose a topic you have discussed hundreds of times, for thousands and thousands of posts... A subject you know by heart, for you don't trust yourself enough to tread on any new topic, do you? Scared to have to think and chew gum at the same time, Frank?

Anyway, certainly after all this time pondering on the issue, you can articulate a workable definition of "ultimate", in the phrase "ultimate reality"... If you don't, the implications are earth-shattering, or not so much perhaps...

For all these years of talking about it, you didn't have a clue what you were talking about???
cicerone imposter

Mon 5 May, 2014 09:02 pm
@Olivier5,
You finally caught on to Frankie boy. LOL
Olivier5

Mon 5 May, 2014 09:52 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Checkmate.

Or so it would seem...... :-)
cicerone imposter

Mon 5 May, 2014 10:11 pm
@Olivier5,
Give him enough rope....
Olivier5

Mon 5 May, 2014 10:14 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Ok... :-))
0 Replies

ossobuco

Mon 5 May, 2014 11:10 pm
I get Olivier with his persistence. So what, as Frank dismisses me too.

Wait, what was this thread about?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Tue 6 May, 2014 03:04 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Come on Frank, a bit of courage! You launched this topic. In a fit of temerity, you chose a topic you have discussed hundreds of times, for thousands and thousands of posts... A subject you know by heart, for you don't trust yourself enough to tread on any new topic, do you? Scared to have to think and chew gum at the same time, Frank?

Wake up before you post, Olivier.

I did not "launch" this topic...Thomas did.

And I asked a question of Thomas.

You started the argument with me.

If you look at my topic list...you will see that I discuss all sorts of subjects. So do that nonsense you want to do if you have to...but the facts here speak for themselves.

Quote:
Anyway, certainly after all this time pondering on the issue, you can articulate a workable definition of "ultimate", in the phrase "ultimate reality"... If you don't, the implications are earth-shattering, or not so much perhaps...

I have done that on several occasions, Olivier.

In any case, you are not actually looking for a definition. You are looking to escape from the fact that I am saying I do not know what the ultimate REALITY is...I only know that whatever IS...IS.

You may see that as unimportant or trivial.

But tell me...what do you know about REALITY....even without the modifier "ultimate."

Quote:

For all these years of talking about it, you didn't have a clue what you were talking about???

Oh, I know what I am talking about.

So here are a couple of questions about REALITY...(actually, the ultimate REALITY)...and let's see what a genius like you can come up with:

Is there a GOD involved in existence?

Are no gods involved in existence?

Did "existence" come into being from nothingness...or has "existence" always been?

Is there an afterlife?

Was there a forelife?

Do you exist independent of me?

Are we all one...is non-duality the REALITY?

I know none of those answers.

Do you?
Frank Apisa

Tue 6 May, 2014 03:06 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

You finally caught on to Frankie boy. LOL

Hey, Coward.

Gonna come back some time today to tell me that you are ignoring me again.

I loved that! http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/laughing/crying-with-laughter.gif

0 Replies