"We dare not tempt them with weakness."

McGentrix

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 09:43 am
Maybe not Craven, but it makes for great propaganda from the right to make it look like it does.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 10:16 am
Yes, and my suspicion is that the announcement is aimed at pleasing the admin and trying to get those sanctions lifted.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 04:34 pm
foxfyre said
Quote:
Whether or not one feels the war in Iraq is justified or was just expedient for the current administration, Americans and allies of Americans are in harms way in Iraq and elsewhere. We should consider how our public demeanor as Americans might increase the risk and hamper the effort to bring things to a speedier and less costly conclusion.

Thus there is but one, and only one, option for true freedom lovers...we must not speak against the war or the administration publicly.
0 Replies

Deecups36

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 04:37 pm
Damn, that pesky 1st Amendment keeps getting stuck under Bush's cowboy boot!
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 04:38 pm
I didn't say that Blatham. Please do not put words in my mouth. There are constructive ways to express dissent without making it look like a coup d' etat is imminent or without making it look like the majority of Americans are running for the tall grass.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 04:45 pm
How do you differentiate these? Which expressions of dissent are ok and which not?
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 04:46 pm
and....coup d'etat?
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 04:50 pm
LOL is that the wrong term? It's the one that popped into my head but I'm a bit distracted today. Smile
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 05:27 pm
The term may apply to, oh...let me see...what happened in Florida, or...gosh...thinking...perhaps a recent attempt to get rid of a president with white legs while still in office. But, no, it wouldn't apply to dissent voiced.
0 Replies